D4 2010 - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moose got splinters that day in the ressies - obvious ploy. Will just mean some poor deserving player will miss out. Good luck. Not much changes - Collingwood coach would not allow it.
Any good coach would make sure they have all positions covered and as Ozza has said their ruckman broke his collarbone thus Moose qualifying for 2's. Still waiting for your credentials flog !

You've obviously never been involved in the process of telling a bloke he's missed out on a game - let alone a final - in any grade?

well no i haven't in footy, cricket i have but thats a different story, but i don't see how if its not at your club, how it even concerns others, let nth brunswick deal with it and he is playing 2 games in the one day as one person pointed out so they are obviously struggling for numbers, and its their club they can play whoever they like in any position they like and in any grade they like.

Mt Lilydale's ground has been closed again. Game against the cobras has been moved to a neutral venue.

Ground: Pinks Reserve, Liverpool Rd, Kilsyth.
(Melway map ref. 51 H8)

well no i haven't in footy, cricket i have but thats a different story, but i don't see how if its not at your club, how it even concerns others, let nth brunswick deal with it and he is playing 2 games in the one day as one person pointed out so they are obviously struggling for numbers, and its their club they can play whoever they like in any position they like and in any grade they like.

My point related to telling people that they weren't getting a game - not commenting on the specifics of Nth Brunswick's situation.

The reality of decisions like this is that every club gets it wrong in their own way. And deals with the fall out in their own way as well...

Round 16 Preview

Monash over Mt Lilydale by 32 Pts (Many may query my margin in the clash of the Div 4 heavyweights, but all the risk factors are evident for our undefeated Mountain Men. First, they are set to play at East Caulfield where the Gryphs rarely lose, second Monash were supposedly seething at dropping the fixture at Lilydale last month and thirdly the forecast is for strong north-westerly’s and this can only suit the home side on their tricky ground. Don’t get me wrong, I think these sides are very evenly matched and ensuing contests next month on neutral territory should be far closer, it’s just that the Gryphs will play smarter footy. Expect Lee Wells to turn back the clock and star as Monash grab top spot).
Manningham over Chaddy by 206 Pts (If Swinburne can beat the Synners by over 200 points then the Cobras should have no trouble bringing up a Cricket Score on their home patch. They currently hold a 2.8% lead over Sth Mornington that they will hope to extend. A big win here may result in closing the door on double chance for all pursuants).
Pt Cook over Nth Brunswick by 11 Pts (Going for the minor upset on the grounds that The Doggies probably see this as their last hope for some success in their debut season. Aaron Marsh is as good as anyone in the comp up forward and will ensure another mediocre season for the Green and Golds).
Razorbacks over Snakes by 25 Pts (Due to the vagaries of the draw, I do not expect either of these teams to play finals, however, they are clearly still in the mix mathematically and the winner will remain so. Have to lean towards the home side who have had mixed form throughout the season, but should do enough in front of their passionate home crowd to stay in the hunt).

Round 16 Review

4/4 (62/78 Cumulative)

It was a standard of football reflective of Premier C in the confines of East Caulfield Reserve last Saturday. 38 goals of free flowing, relentless and highly skilled football, that was not decided until midway through the final term when the Gryphons found another gear. This ability to kick three quick goals at any time makes Monash an extremely tough team to beat and they have deservedly pinched top spot off the Rams. Only a loss at Jordan Reserve will prevent a Gryphon minor premiership and that is about as likely as the rapture occurring before the federal election. Whilst Monash have all but sewn up top spot, we may have uncovered a serious challenger to the ‘Old Firm’. Manningham have staked a claim in recent weeks, with their innate ability to crush sides, coupled with Sam McCallum’s (regardless of opposition) effort of 18 goals. Their ability will be further defined come Saturday night. Well done to Pt Cook, who disposed of a most disappointing Nth Brunswick. A team who have virtually surrendered any chance of finals without enough fight. Injuries are a cop out even if they have been extreme in quantity. Speaking of teams that have thrown in the towel, The Snakes have escaped scrutiny for too long and their effort against the Razorbacks was sub-standard to say the least. Swinburne have been far better of late, but will have to rely on Eley Park losing against either Pt Cook or Chadstone to have a chance of playing finals football. I am willing to lay bets about that occurring…

Round 17 Preview

The final five is all but settled save for major upsets…

Razorbacks over Nth Brunswick by 5 Pts (The Green & Golds are undermanned, but still remain a very tough unit to toss at Allard Park. I expect Swinburne to hit North with everything they’ve got and just hold on in a thriller).
Tigers over the Doggies by 91 Pts (I feel that South will be primed for this contest (after a weeks break) and destroy Pt Cook who have not travelled well all season. This fixture hardly could be classified as a derby).
Centrals over Box Hill Nth by 11 Pts (Whilst the Demons will tell you they are a mathematical chance for finals, realistically they have no chance due to the draw and a sub-standard percentage. I do expect them to push the Snakes all the way however, and would not be surprised if they pinched a win).
Rams over Cobras by 16 Pts (Latest rumour is that this match has been moved to Kilsyth due to an unplayable pitch at Lilydale. If this is the case I give the Cobras some chance of an upset victory. However, we are talking of Manningham knocking off a team that had not lost until last weekend and was far from disgraced to that end. Justin Roberts to prove the difference).
Sharks over Synners by 187 Pts (I will err on the side of caution and select under 199.5).

Good luck to all

Quasi

Any good coach would make sure they have all positions covered and as Ozza has said their ruckman broke his collarbone thus Moose qualifying for 2's. Still waiting for your credentials flog !

Well FoxyTell, it could be that my club will have to play against them/you. Couldn't actually care less but just pointing out what has happened to those that were not aware. Same as any poster putting up something that others don't know about. My credentials have no bearing on this point but more games than you but short of D Adams.

:rolleyes::footy::rolleyes:

All the talk about dropping senior players back into the reserves is irrelevant. The only chance Monash has of loosing the reserves GF is if their bus breaks down on the way to the game.

Re: D4 2010

58/74 progressive.

No time for a review this week but here are my tips:

Monash Gryphons vs Mt Lilydale - 14 points.
Manningham Cobras vs Chadstone - 156 points.
Point Cook vs North Brunswick - 16 points.
Swinburne Uni vs Richmond Central - 8 points.

62/78 progressive.

Finals are sorted with 2 games left.

North Brunswick vs Swinburne Uni - 36 points. I think we all know which premiership NB are aiming for and with the last week to qualify for 2's, I'd expect a more depleted senior team. I don't see a problem with this, it has been going on for ever. You would suggest that even winning their last two games that Swinny still wont make it to finals but I think it a mute point anyway as they are up against the Rams next week.
South Mornington vs Point Cook - 47 points. Long way to travel for PC and it will be a long ride home for them. Future bodes well for them if the rumours of juniors performances of the last couple of weeks are true. Make no mistake though, the Tigers are an impressive unit with a good mix of talls and ball winners. I expect them to shake things up come finals and should account for PC easily here.
Richmond Central vs Box Hill North - 14 points. The snakes have gone missing. After being pre-season favourites from a lot of 'experts' (including myself) on this forum they have really died in the ass. Box Hill have improved as the season rolled on and wish they could have hit their straps earlier as they could have played finals.
Mt Lilydale vs Manningham Cobras - 8 points. Match of the round. I'm going out on a limb here and tipping the Cobras. No home ground advantage and I think think the Cobras have something to prove before the finals start. Most likely these teams will be playing first week of finals and the Cobras will have a lot to prove. Maybe, the Rams will be a little bit sore after last week and I do not see them as dominating as they were at the start of the year. I was surprised at the margin for the North Brunswick game a few weeks ago and maybe the depth issue is marginally starting to hurt them. 41(don't know his name) will get plenty of it in the backline for the Rams and will have a big job helping whoever is on an in form McCallum.
Eley Park vs Chadstone - 112 points. Not much to say here except I hope Chaddy don't have too many issues filling teams for the last couple of weeks. It's been a tough season for them and I hope they battle it out.

The Cobras are coming into form at the right end of the season and will make finals a tense affair. They cannot be taken lightly! Well done to the Gryphs, sewn up top spot and a weeks rest. Even this far out they look cherry ripe. The cider rams are looking much more than a clubbies graduate. I think the sharks will have a brief but brilliant time in the big lights. Good luck everybody.

The travel for us Boys at P.C just got a whole lot longer now that Sth Morningtons ground is not up to having a game played on it. We are now off to Dromana to play!!!! Hope the ground is worth the extra drive(unlike Mt Lilydales crap alternative). Just means we will have to get another 4 slabs for the trip home. The bus will be a rocking!!!

The travel for us Boys at P.C just got a whole lot longer now that Sth Morningtons ground is not up to having a game played on it. We are now off to Dromana to play!!!! Hope the ground is worth the extra drive(unlike Mt Lilydales crap alternative). Just means we will have to get another 4 slabs for the trip home. The bus will be a rocking!!!

SHITE!! You may be better off driving the other way down the highway and getting the ferry across!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey Penis Eye!!

With your great powers of observation about everything happening at other clubs, can you please explain who was the team stacking at Allard Park today in the reserves????

Not many changes to one of the sides due to injuries meaning 9 eligible two's players playing in the ones for the day.

But the winners on the day had atleast 6 - 8 players in there who were definately 1's players!!!

Not sure of ladder positions but did they need the win that badly to have to stack their side??? Or were they all invited to the same wedding and had to leave early????

Either way, we now have a week off to re-group and will hit the finals in the knowledge that our STACKED/UNSTACKED/STACKED side has a show!!

On the other hand, our seniors finish a year that the club would much rather forget with Injuries once again robbing us of the opportunity to consistantly field our best team. Time to work on keeping the group together and planning for next season.

Interesting to see Kew and St. Francis on the way back too!!

Heard a whisper the St. Francis boys may actually struggle to field two teams and head straight to Clubbies. A bit like Mt. Lilydale a few years ago. Anyone heard anything as it would be great to be back to a 10 team comp again!! No byes, even playing field having to play everyone twice.

The way footy used to be in the old days!!!!

Hey Penis Eye!!

With your great powers of observation about everything happening at other clubs, can you please explain who was the team stacking at Allard Park today in the reserves????

Not many changes to one of the sides due to injuries meaning 9 eligible two's players playing in the ones for the day.

But the winners on the day had atleast 6 - 8 players in there who were definately 1's players!!!
Not sure of ladder positions but did they need the win that badly to have to stack their side??? Or were they all invited to the same wedding and had to leave early????
Either way, we now have a week off to re-group and will hit the finals in the knowledge that our STACKED/UNSTACKED/STACKED side has a show!!
On the other hand, our seniors finish a year that the club would much rather forget with Injuries once again robbing us of the opportunity to consistantly field our best team. Time to work on keeping the group together and planning for next season.
Interesting to see Kew and St. Francis on the way back too!!
Heard a whisper the St. Francis boys may actually struggle to field two teams and head straight to Clubbies. A bit like Mt. Lilydale a few years ago. Anyone heard anything as it would be great to be back to a 10 team comp again!! No byes, even playing field having to play everyone twice.
The way footy used to be in the old days!!!!

I heard a similar rumor a few weeks back regarding St.Francis X. Noticed that the bottom three in D3 have all won promotion from D4 in the last 3 years, with the two others who gained promotion in the same time frame playing finals this season. I think Mt.Lilydale went back to club18 5 years ago due to problems fielding two sides for 2-3 years, they won a club18 premiership and including this year have played finals 3 out of four years in D4. To any club this would be regarded as a success I would think. St.Francis X had 70+ on thier list two years ago and I couldnt see a club making such a slide in numbers in such a small time frame, but as I said I heard the rumor also via a couple of mates out at Albert Park and Uni High.

1st-Monash-64-214% 2nd-Mt.Lilydale-64-182% 3rd-Manningham-44-137% 4th-Sth.Mornington-44-127% 5th-Eley Park-40-124% 6th-Swinburne-38%-108% 7th-Box Hill Nth-36-93%
ROUND 18:
Box Hill Nth vs Sth.Mornington - to finish the season strong with a 5 goal win at home which would have them missing finals only due to %.
Chadstone vs Monash - If Manningham beat up on Chadstone by 200+ points then this could possibly be a 300+ point win!
Manningham vs Richmond - I'd expect Richmond to go out fighting after such a dissapointing season with pretty much all involved in D4 picking them for a top3 finish. Manningham to continue thier good form and get up by 8 goals.
Point Cook vs Eley Park - Eley Park should easily account for the 'hype' club to the tune of 12 goals.
Swinburne vs Mt.Lilydale - Tipping an upset in the final round as Mt.Lilydale take on the fast moving Swinburne side who will throw it all at the Rams for a chance at the finals. 1 goal.
Bye - Nth.Brunswick - the other 'hype' team who would be dissapointed in the season.

The positions from 3rd to 5th are realistically still truly up for grabs. Granted that Box Hill Nth would need a 300 point win and for Eley Park and Swinburne to cop big thrashings, but still better to have some chance than none and I'm sure they would be happy with thier season with most outside the club tipping them for a bottom two finish. Swinburne need to upset a Mt.Lilydale side who have several key injuries and Swinburne have alot to play for, they need the win and for Point Cook to roll Eley Park which is not out of the question either up at the cook cottage. Manningham and Sth.Mornington do have 'DANGER' games this week but if both are serious about shaking up the finals they should be able to take care of sides placed below them.
I'm having a day in bed due to an all nighter which may have taken 10-15 years from my life expectancy, so I will throw up a team of the year nomination.

F: Allan(Monash) McCallum(Manningham) Marsh(Point Cook)
H.F: Rodwell(Mt.Lilydale) Viola(Eley Park) Wills(Monash)
C: Lucevic(Nth.Brunswick) Wall(Mt.Lilydale) Vercelli(Manningham)
H.B: Woodberry(Richmond) Wilson(Monash) Ford(Nth.Brunswick)
B: Wild(Swinburne) Evans(MT.Lilydale) Conn(Manningham)
R: Baughn(Mt.Lilydale) McConville(Monash) Stuart(Mt.Lilydale)
Extended BENCH: Santacroce(Nth.Brunswick) Bennett(Eley Park) Harrison(Box Hill Nth) Booth(Monash) Moyes(Mt.Lilydale) Pullen(Sth.Mornington)
Coach: G.Finkemeyer(Mt.Lilydale) Assistant: Osbourne(Monash)
Captain: Viola. Vice Captain: Stuart. McConville.

F: Allan(Monash) McCallum(Manningham) Marsh(Point Cook)
H.F: Rodwell(Mt.Lilydale) Violi(Eley Park) Wills(Monash)
C: Lucevic(Nth.Brunswick) Wall(Mt.Lilydale) Vercelli(Manningham)
H.B: Woodberry(Richmond) Wilson(Monash) Ford(Nth.Brunswick)
B: Wild(Swinburne) Evans(MT.Lilydale) Conn(Manningham)
R: Baughn(Mt.Lilydale) McConville(Monash) Stuart(Mt.Lilydale)
Extended BENCH: Santacroce(Nth.Brunswick) Bennett(Eley Park) Harrison(Box Hill Nth) Booth(Monash) Moyes(Mt.Lilydale) Pullen(Sth.Mornington)
Coach: G.Finkemeyer(Mt.Lilydale) Assistant: Osbourne(Monash)
Captain: Violi. Vice Captain: Stuart. McConville.

Must have been an extremely big night out pal. It's ViolA. Funny though. I think we've now got a new nickname for the bloke.

Hey Penis Eye!!

I don't know how you could say that Swinburne were stacking their 2's when their 1's won by 12 goals. both their sides have won the past 4 games in a row, I think they're finally just playing good football.

I don't know how you could say that Swinburne were stacking their 2's when their 1's won by 12 goals. both their sides have won the past 4 games in a row, I think they're finally just playing good football.
The swinburn 2's team that took the field yesterday have played a total of 53 senior games between them compared to 25 at North Brunswick.
NB 1's had 9 players who are eligible for 2's finals in their team yesterday, these are facts that can't be disputed so you do the maths.

The swinburn 2's team that took the field yesterday have played a total of 53 senior games between them compared to 25 at North Brunswick.
NB 1's had 9 players who are eligible for 2's finals in their team yesterday, these are facts that can't be disputed so you do the maths.
If there was nothing in what people are saying about North Brunswick stacking their 2's then the club wouldn't be jumping up and down and fighting and carring on trying to defend themselves. I thought it was very interesting that the president stood up and started commenting on bigfooty during the post game awards. Obviously talk on here is really starting to have an impact on the club which is quite bizzare I would have thought.
Also its a bit rich for North Brunswick to winge about poeple accusing them of stacking their side and then start potting Swinburne about stacking their 2's after the defeat. I don't think you can be accused of stacking a side when both seniors and reserves are winning.

The only way North Brunswick will loose the reputation of being a club that stack their 2's is to start winning games in the seniors. End of story.

If there was nothing in what people are saying about North Brunswick stacking their 2's then the club wouldn't be jumping up and down and fighting and carring on trying to defend themselves. I thought it was very interesting that the president stood up and started commenting on bigfooty during the post game awards. Obviously talk on here is really starting to have an impact on the club which is quite bizzare I would have thought.
Also its a bit rich for North Brunswick to winge about poeple accusing them of stacking their side and then start potting Swinburne about stacking their 2's after the defeat. I don't think you can be accused of stacking a side when both seniors and reserves are winning.

The only way North Brunswick will loose the reputation of being a club that stack their 2's is to start winning games in the seniors. End of story.

Wasn't there for the after match speech but must say that if enough mud gets slung your way, there actually comes a time that you have to respond!! I don't think Sof would have said anything without giving it due consideration and not having some grounding behind his comments. Once again though, i wasn't there to hear exactly what was said.

Interesting though, Razor, that you haven't answered the question as to WHY so many senior players were in the two's (i.e. stacked).

Confidence is a big thing and you would have been happy playing our one's which are a team lacking in confidence at the moment due to the torrid run we've had. Make no mistakes, we feel the pain of promising so much and not delivering, but life goes on and we'll try and hold on to as many players as we can, recruit others and HOPEFULLY keep them fit for a whole 6 to 8 months to give us a chance next year.

Who's going to fill the 3rd - 5th spots?

Manningham should beat a disapointing RC, can't afford to lose as 3rd spot is on the line......would Manny risk resting players??
Eley Park should beat Julia's boys, they must win.....is Marsh playing as it is at home this week
Can Swinburne at home knock of the mounties who rested some last Saturday and maybe they'll do it again this week?
If SM win and Manny lose well 3rd spot goes to the tigers....but BHN at home won't be easy and Hoody will have his boys primed to finish the season on a high complimenting what has been a good season for them considering their injuries sustained thoughout the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back