D4 2010 - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: D4 2010

Yeah... great kick of the pill.... Kicked 9 of the 12 Mann goals for the day?

...he's not that big, Waz. Has a good leap and unusually long arms...marks a lot of balls that mere mortals would not.

Very interesting that we have 4 teams sitting on 20 points at this stage. Seems to be a very tight competition in the middle so here's a quick run down purely based purely on the bias of the draw(I'm still not over how lop sided it can be). The points score is worked on the assumption that they will lose to MG and MtL and beat the bottom four teams in Chadstone, PC, BHN and MC. Does not take in to account any results for teams in the middle of the road as I think they can go either way:

Eley Park - Have the highest percentage but are yet to have a bye or play either of the two big teams in MG and MtL. If they can take down either of them would cement their place in the 5. Very up and down footy with some good wins but the loss to BHN early in the year may come back to haunt them. Have already played all their percentage boosters thus far. Second half of the year they get to play 3 out of 4 bottom teams and only have to play MG out of the big 2.
Verdict = +4 points. Rest of the draw is much tougher than the other teams as they are yet to play either of the top 2 for the first half. 6th or 7th on the ladder.

South Mornington
- Are also yet to have the bye or play MtL. Comfortably beat all the percentage boosters thus far. Second half of the year they get to play all 4 bottom teams and only have to play MG out of the big 2.
Verdict = +12 points. Will be battling out for 3rd or 4th if they don't drop too many games from teams on similar amounts of points.

Richmond Central - Have had their bye as well as having faced the 2 strongest teams. Are yet to play BHN. Second half of the year they only have to play MG out of the big 2 and only miss out on BHN out of bottom 4.
Verdict = +12 points. Same as SM, will be battling out for 3rd or 4th if they don't drop too many games from teams on similar amounts of points.

North Brunswick - Have had their bye as well as having faced the 2 strongest teams. Out of percentage boosters are yet to play PC. Second half of the year they have to play both the strong teams and don't get to play Chadstone out of bottom 4.
Verdict = +8 points. Should just sneak in to the 5th spot.

Swinburne - Have had the bye but have only played MtL out of the big 2. Have played all the percentage boosters except MC. Second half of the year they only have to play MtL and only get to play Chadstone for the 4 bottom teams.
Verdict = 0 points. Hard Luck story with the draw. Will need to beat teams above them to make the top 5. 9th.

Other Mentions
Manningham - Have had the bye and played both of the big 2. Have only played PC out of the bottom 3. Second half of the season they only play MtL out of the top two but also only get 2 from the bottom in PC and Chadstone.
Verdict = +12 points. Have a very good rest of the draw. If they can knock off a few teams above them they could shake the draw right up. 6th or 7th.

Box Hill North - I had to include BHN as they are now the same as MC. Have had the bye and played both of the big 2. Have only played PC out of the others in the bottom 4. Second half of the season they only play MtL out of the top two but only get Chadstone from the bottom.
Verdict = +8 points. Have a good rest of the draw. If they can knock off a few teams above them they could shake the draw right up. 8th.

Round 9 Tips

Progressive 29/40

North Brunswick vs Richmond Central - RC by 1 goal
South Mornington vs Mt Lilydale - MtL by 4 goals
Chadstone vs Box Hill North - BHN by 1 point
Swinburne Uni vs Manningham - SU by 1 goal
Eley Park vs Monash - MG by 5 goals

Looking forward to playing at Allard Park this weekend. The Snakes haven't played out there for 3 years!

What's the surface like at the moment?

Looking forward to playing at Allard Park this weekend. The Snakes haven't played out there for 3 years!

What's the surface like at the moment?

Good cover of grass on it Waz but still a bit thin due to the council not seeding until the end of March. Should be in top notch condition in October!!!!

it has been a while since we've played you at our ground and we're looking forward to repaying the great hospitality afforded to us over the last few years.

Hope to continue our dominance over your two's and reverse the recent trend in the one's and come away with a win.

can any1 stop the mt lilydale freight train? Going good and now getting a few players back for the big game against south mornington.

can any1 stop the mt lilydale freight train? Going good and now getting a few players back for the big game against south mornington.

Well you'd wanna win now! Hope the Rams are not getting to confident, it may become a bigger opponent for the coaching staff than the opposition!
I'd think the Mountain Men would be looking at the Monash game as the 'Big Game' after the queens weekend break. What do you have to say about the situation SNEAKO? You seem to have gone missing on the forum for a couple of weeks, trying to keep a lid on things up the hills are we?

Well you'd wanna win now! Hope the Rams are not getting to confident, it may become a bigger opponent for the coaching staff than the opposition!
I'd think the Mountain Men would be looking at the Monash game as the 'Big Game' after the queens weekend break. What do you have to say about the situation SNEAKO? You seem to have gone missing on the forum for a couple of weeks, trying to keep a lid on things up the hills are we?

O.K I will bite!
Firstly I shall begin with declaring you a GOOSE.....Secondly I dont know what situation you wish for me to comment on. Would you be so kind as to inform myself and the rest of the D4 forum of which team you follow or play with? I'm thinking Monash.
Confidence is a must have in any sport, team or individual. Us 'Mountain Men' have a very tuff trip out to Sth.Mornington this weekend, even though we are yet to loose to them, most games have been decided in the last quater. Sth.Mornington made finals last year and we did not, so we won't be taking them lightly by any stretch of the imagination.
Also I would like to apologise if I've lessened you'r Big Footy time by not commenting for a while, I have been busy with 'life'.;)
I am truly greatful that my fellow Ram ('not the real 35') has placed a bit of effort in his grammer on the forum.;)

Round 9:

Nth.B v Rich.C....Rich.C by 5 goals. Pike B.O.G
Sth.M v Mt.L....Should be a good contest.
The Chad v Bok.H.Nth....Bok.H.Nth by 12 goals.Penny to kick 12 B.O.G
Swinny v Manny....Manny by 3 goals. Ashton B.O.G
E.Park v Mona....Monash by 7 goals.(hope to see an upset though) Wills B.O.G

Reserves....Nth.B, Mt.L, B.H.Nth, Swinny, Monash.

Round 8 Preview

Monash over Chadstone by 135 Pts (The forecast rain will be the only thing that prevents the Gryphons in breaking their club record score and/or winning margin).
Swinburne over Box Hill Nth by 14 Pts (Each of the remaining fixtures should be crackers and don't be surprised if we see the odd upset. The Demons will be very tough to toss for a Razorbacks outfit who were most disappointing last time round. I expect them just to do enough with David Dore proving a handful for Box Hill).
The Cobras over the Snakes by 3 Pts (The battle of the arachnids I see going down to the wire, however I feel a minor upset is on the cards. Manningham have been more than just competitive in recent weeks and Centrals have been problematic at best. Ben Cookson to play a pivotal leaders role for the visitors).
South over Pt Cook by 23 Pts (The Tigers are playing arguably the third best football in the competition and although the Doggies are a far better side at home, they will struggle to contain Souths run from defence. Expect a fine contribution from Bobby Wilson).
Eley Park over Nth Brunswick by 6 Pts (The Sharks home ground advantage coupled with the pain of letting one slip last Saturday is enough for me to tip the scales in their favour. North will fight and scrap all day however, in a contest befitting a final the influence of Michael Viola up forward will be too much).

Round 8 Review

3/5 (32/40 cumulative) was only a fair result even when many games were evenly matched.

We may now have a genuine top 4?
The Sharks were the weekends big winners with their take no prisoners approach against the Green and Golds. They have the type of game that is suited to finals football and the emergence of Matthew Bourke would be pleasing to all Whitehorse Reserve. The Tigers were the other team to impress with an excellent away win at Pt Cook. Alan Sutherland really has them purring. We may have unfurled two additional challengers for the premiership race...
Full marks to the Demons for outshooting a disappointing Razorbacks, a team that must have a good hard look at their collective goals for the remainder of 2010. Monash won by a club record margin but may as well have been playing the local U/15s and the Snakes did all that they needed to when it counted against the Cobras. Richmond very much back in the mix as they appeased their hordes of supporters and media moguls alike.

Round 9 Preview

Clearly the most intriguing round of the year on paper. One could argue the case for all (bar the Chadstone game) fixtures going either way:

Nth Brunswick over Snakes by 3 pts (Real toss up. The home ground advantage sways it in the Green & Golds favour, but I am ready to admit I may have this completely wrong. Cut throat game for both sides, with the loser pushing the proverbial uphill for the remainder of the season. Davor Lucevic will be in comp B & F winning form).
The Rams over the Tigers by 25 Pts (It’s not often that the visitors start such warm favourites at Citation, however Mt Lilydale have earned their right as ladder leaders and should prevail. The Rams superior midfield to prove decisive)
The Demons over Chadstone by 85 Pts (Even though the Synners would see this as an opportunity, they are no match for anyone in the comp and will fall well short again. Daniel Penny may well reach double figures).
Cobras over Swinny by 6 Pts (Another match in which I have no strong conviction. Swinburne’s form has been poor over the past month, but they are at home and are playing a side who's form fluctuates like the wind. Just feel a minor upset is on the cards with Ben Cookson leading from the front).
Gryphons over the Sharks by 31 Pts (Many say this is a danger game for Monash and they may be right, but the Gryphons greatest strength is their depth and any perceived weaknesses will be well covered against an Eley Park team who will give their all. Wal Pocock to prove elusive and spark the visitors).

Good Luck to all

Quasi

(Log in to remove this ad.)

31/35 progressive.

Monash vs Chadstone - 138 points.
Box Hill North vs Swinburne - 34 points.
Richmond Central vs Manningham - 5 points.
Point Cook vs South Mornington - 10 points.
Eley Park vs North Brunswick - 1 point.

34/40 progressive.

Tough round on the tipsters last week and this week isn't proving any easier. I'm tipping all away this week which doesn't make me very confident.

North Brunswick vs Richmond Central - 13 points. A few showers during the day could make this a muddy affair at Allard Park. This will make it harder on the NB forwards and I think the Snakes have a better backline. Even contest all day with the Snakes coming out on top.
South Mornington vs Mt Lilydale - 33 points. Is going to be very hard to tip against MtL all year and they will be too strong for the Tigers. The Tigers loss at home to Eley Park doesn't instill much confidence and I don't think the home ground advantage will help them much here. I agree with Quasi that the midfield of the Rams will be too strong.
Chadstone vs Box Hill North - 68 points. Box Hill North are starting to improve as the season goes on. A good win against an up and down Swinburne and some impressive efforts of late. They don't seem to have trouble kicking decent scores, it's the other end they need to worry about.
Swinburne Uni vs Manningham - 8 points. Tough game to tip. Neither side has shown very much this year. After last weeks effort I can't see how Swinburne can turn it around this week.
Eley Park vs Monash - 44 points. Danger game for the Gryphons. Eley Park will need to be committed in their attack on the football and if can keep the ball away from the Gryphons may be able to slow down their fast running play. I still think the Gryphons are looking too strong at the moment and seem to have the best depth in the comp.

I think he sustained a wrist injury against BHN ... Number 9?

Yes, Adam sustained a hand injury and may or may not play however i don't think our chances should be judged on the absence of one player alone.

Watching from the sidelines last week, we played well below our best and paid for it on the scoreboard. For some reason, Eley Park is a ground on which we always struggle!

I'm sure with a few changes this week and players coming back over the next few weeks, we'll be back on track soon.

Also, if it rains tomorrow, Allard Park will be far from a mud heap!! The ground is in great condition compared to what we played on last year and what we have played on at Allard Park for the last 3 - 4 years.

On a positive note, I'll make a big mention of the fact that all at North Brunswick are joined as one to congratulate Joe 'MOOSE' Boudoloh on achieving 350 games for the club this weekend. The bloke is 46yr old and still going strong!!

Good luck to all for this weekend.

On a positive note, I'll make a big mention of the fact that all at North Brunswick are joined as one to congratulate Joe 'MOOSE' Boudoloh on achieving 350 games for the club this weekend. The bloke is 46yr old and still going strong!!

Well done Moose - a great effort. He doesn't look a day over 45 either!

Yes, Adam sustained a hand injury and may or may not play however i don't think our chances should be judged on the absence of one player alone.

Watching from the sidelines last week, we played well below our best and paid for it on the scoreboard. For some reason, Eley Park is a ground on which we always struggle!

I'm sure with a few changes this week and players coming back over the next few weeks, we'll be back on track soon.

Also, if it rains tomorrow, Allard Park will be far from a mud heap!! The ground is in great condition compared to what we played on last year and what we have played on at Allard Park for the last 3 - 4 years.

Good luck to all for this weekend.

Perhaps the most notorious player in D4 :) but a nice bloke.

O.K I will bite!
Firstly I shall begin with declaring you a GOOSE.....Secondly I dont know what situation you wish for me to comment on. Would you be so kind as to inform myself and the rest of the D4 forum of which team you follow or play with? I'm thinking Monash.
Confidence is a must have in any sport, team or individual. Us 'Mountain Men' have a very tuff trip out to Sth.Mornington this weekend, even though we are yet to loose to them, most games have been decided in the last quater. Sth.Mornington made finals last year and we did not, so we won't be taking them lightly by any stretch of the imagination.
Also I would like to apologise if I've lessened you'r Big Footy time by not commenting for a while, I have been busy with 'life'.;)
I am truly greatful that my fellow Ram ('not the real 35') has placed a bit of effort in his grammer on the forum.;)

Good to see you back SNEAKO , thought we might of lost you to Video Ezy there for a while . Should be a good games tomorrow , very close all day . Bit of heat on privates coolboy last night . Bit more detective work needed i think .

p.s Not the real 35 , maybe time to start reading a few more text books and dictonary's and stop posting that sort of crap

p.p.s To all fully grown male adults that use smiley , winkey faces etc etc . Man up . Leave that stuff for 12 yr old girls and people from sydney

p.p.p.s When will we see a return of Mt Lilydales best ever boundary umpire . Has been non sited after his pathetic display against point cook

Well done Moose - a great effort. He doesn't look a day over 45 either!

The man is a legend down at North Brunswick, it has been an honour and a privledge playing with him. If only we could understand what the hell he is saying!
He came straight to North Brunswick after dodging bullets in Lebanon in the mid eighties, won three or four senior B&F's and still showing us younger blokes how to play with some passion. 'Notorious' perhaps just a bit misunderstood.
Get on the hats Moose you old bastard.

34/40 progressive.

Tough round on the tipsters last week and this week isn't proving any easier. I'm tipping all away this week which doesn't make me very confident.

North Brunswick vs Richmond Central - 13 points. A few showers during the day could make this a muddy affair at Allard Park. This will make it harder on the NB forwards and I think the Snakes have a better backline. Even contest all day with the Snakes coming out on top.
South Mornington vs Mt Lilydale - 33 points. Is going to be very hard to tip against MtL all year and they will be too strong for the Tigers. The Tigers loss at home to Eley Park doesn't instill much confidence and I don't think the home ground advantage will help them much here. I agree with Quasi that the midfield of the Rams will be too strong.
Chadstone vs Box Hill North - 68 points. Box Hill North are starting to improve as the season goes on. A good win against an up and down Swinburne and some impressive efforts of late. They don't seem to have trouble kicking decent scores, it's the other end they need to worry about.
Swinburne Uni vs Manningham - 8 points. Tough game to tip. Neither side has shown very much this year. After last weeks effort I can't see how Swinburne can turn it around this week.
Eley Park vs Monash - 44 points. Danger game for the Gryphons. Eley Park will need to be committed in their attack on the football and if can keep the ball away from the Gryphons may be able to slow down their fast running play. I still think the Gryphons are looking too strong at the moment and seem to have the best depth in the comp.

south mornington beat eley park at home!:confused::confused::confused:

North Brunswick vs Richmond Central - Interesting game this one, both sides have had there ups and downs this season and perhaps the loser of this will lose grip of the top 5, I think Richmong with more experiance in big games to have a good away win, Snakes by 11pts.

South Mornington
vs Mt Lilydale - Having never beaten ML and them sitting on top after a bye the odds are against us. We have won 5 in a row now but these are the games we need to start winning, we are starting to play good hard team football and hope to match it with the ladder leaders. South by 8pts.

Chadstone vs Box Hill North - Box Hill should do it pretty easily here and enjoy a win. BHN by 43pts

Swinburne Uni
vs Manningham - Swinburne need to win this to stay in touch with the five too big a game for them to lose. Swinburne by 25pts

Eley Park
vs Monash - Probably match of the round 2nd V 3rd. Monash have enjoyed a good run so far in D4, but Eley have a unique ground and one they play very well, im tipping an upset here. Eley by 15pts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back