D4 2010 - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fast paced... Look like a game of old men on the heavy ground. Hats of to the mountain men who handled the conditions better and were much cleaner with the footy. I didn't think either side were to blame for most of the niggle that went on, was a good contest so going to be a bit of push and shove! However the shreiking woman on the sideline was unbearable, so were the thugs running in their 2s. Monash will take alot away from the game, especially when the nearly pinched it despite having 17 fit players after half time.
Should be a good battle between these two teams, biggest concern will be the dales depth, not one player in their 2s would be close to capable in the seniors

I said early in the season after tipping against Mt Lilydale that I wouldnt do so again....but I tipped Monash this weekend due to some big inclusions and the fact a couple of my mates (you know who you are) guaranteed me they had the Rams covered.....Well, thanks fellas!
Not to sure Id be jumping on a forum a few hours after the game making excuses about injuries and supporters though. Mr Osbourne is not the type who'd like his players 'airing such things I would have thought. I think we could all agree that the 'two horse race' will stay neck an neck until the return bout on Monash home soil in a few weeks. (strange draw this year)

So... a few players count there chickens before they hatched My name is??? interesting that you would underestimate another unbeaten side!!!
Also "benchwarmer" did you even watch the twos you goose? we had 3 definate senior players playing and 3 that are injured and from a couple of pages back that was Monash's best side i quote "5 inclutions everybody is avalible" so i would say that depth is no issue.
All in all was a great hard game of footy and im sure whoever has monash or the rams next week will benifit from this bruising encounter!!! cant wait for the return leg!

Great game at KB on Sat. Though marred by some serious injuries to RC. :( Tough day, tough loss.

Seen the game between Mt vs monash today. Great game, accept Mt Lilydayle are dogs. Sean Gibson king hit monash players right throughout the game, aswell as max hampton who was king hitting players all day long.

Monash 2010 flag!!!!

Long time reader, first time poster, and the only reason Im posting is because this nob is an absolute sook. I made the trip down the highway also to watch a great game. As far as going out and saying either side were dogs is a big stretch of the imagination, a bit of old push and shove doesn't hurt any one, and to go out and comment on mt lilydale players king hitting people all day is a lie. Choctops stop wetting the bed when 2 sides come to play a physical game.

So... a few players count there chickens before they hatched My name is??? interesting that you would underestimate another unbeaten side!!!
Also "benchwarmer" did you even watch the twos you goose? we had 3 definate senior players playing and 3 that are injured and from a couple of pages back that was Monash's best side i quote "5 inclutions everybody is avalible" so i would say that depth is no issue.
All in all was a great hard game of footy and im sure whoever has monash or the rams next week will benifit from this bruising encounter!!! cant wait for the return leg!

I would agree to some point there "up front". Reading in the record at the start of the season and Russell Strony was among the best early in the season a few times. Might be returning from injury or something but was still out there tearing it up on saturday in the magoo's. Share any light??

I thought that, for the most part, the Mt Lilydale v Monash game was played in good spirit. Certainly we saw a fast paced game from 2 quick, skilful and commited sides. It was a close contest all day and either side could have won. The umpires (who normally umpire a higher grade) said that they were surprised at the quality of the football in D4. It was a great game to watch and a nailbiter at the finish.

Having tipped Mt Lilydale to win, Ruck Machine and Ozza get the chocloates...

The bus driver justin Roberts kept the rams in touch in the first half before the rams starting playing some footy in the second, lead by Al Stuart, Francis Varga, Greg Finkermayer Jnr and his showering partner, Hayden Moyes.

From what I saw there shouldn't be any players from MtL 2's who could get a game in the 1's. The only bloke who got a kick was number 2(?) who played loose across the backline all day. When a team can only manage 1 goal for the day you would have to think there are some issues with depth. Whether this will be an issue for MtL noone will know until the end of the season. They don't seemed to be too concerned about it so I don't think anyone else should be either.

On the otherhand the MtL seniors played a good style of football for the conditions. I don't think either MtL or Monash would be too concerned with the scoreline at the end of the day. Gryphons failed to convert their chance with more scoring shots where as MtL came away with the 4 points with 10 seconds left on the clock. That showed great persistence. End of the day both teams will come away with positives.

Personally I think it's great, there's going to be a few more chapters in this intriguing story before the final siren in September.

What an epic draw between Swinburne and North Brunswick. Some good fight from the North Brunswick boys, who were down to two men on the bench for the last three quarters.

How long has the centre square been in that state? I've never seen a game where players would rather kick to a contest down the wing than pass inboard someone free in the centre square.

Also, are the guys from Swinburne Uni the nicest footballers going around? Every opponent I had was quick with a compliment, or a lending hand up from the bottom of the pack. Very off-putting!

Sweep aside the Grand final rematch between G-town and St-Kilda friday night.

Match of the weekend has RC travelling to BHN to see the relevant club presidents lead their respective ressie teams into battle for the "Presidents Cup"

Early mail is that one president is reluctant to pull on the jumper....:thumbsdown:

Surely this can't be true

Seen the game between Mt vs monash today. Great game, accept Mt Lilydayle are dogs. Sean Gibson king hit monash players right throughout the game, aswell as max hampton who was king hitting players all day long.

Monash 2010 flag!!!!

Ahhh my old mate choctops . Congratulations old son , you would easily have to be the biggest peanut ever to post on this forum .

I happened just to be "driving past" and thought id "drop in" , not a supporter of either side just love local footy. Great game played in good spirit. Bit of argy bargy but nothing untoward from either side .

Dont worry about to much about the Rams Depth , They have a young bull that goes by name of "Dutchy" that i've heard they're holding back until finals time . Thats if he doesnt go back to Mooroolbark seniors before the end of the year .

How long has the centre square been in that state? I've never seen a game where players would rather kick to a contest down the wing than pass inboard someone free in the centre square.
Yeah the centre square is a disgrace, and the council wont do anything about it. Makes it very difficult on game day when most of the day the centre square is avoided.
Worse than that you should try training on it every night. Every training session it is fenced off which makes full ground drills pretty difficult.

Ahhh my old mate choctops . Congratulations old son , you would easily have to be the biggest peanut ever to post on this forum .

I happened just to be "driving past" and thought id "drop in" , not a supporter of either side just love local footy. Great game played in good spirit. Bit of argy bargy but nothing untoward from either side .

Dont worry about to much about the Rams Depth , They have a young bull that goes by name of "Dutchy" that i've heard they're holding back until finals time . Thats if he doesnt go back to Mooroolbark seniors before the end of the year .

Isn't "dutchy" already out the gates. I thought he was your full back, number 33??

WHAT A LOT OF TRIPE!!!
You make me laugh. "Holding him back" Stop it, my sides are splitting. If this gun ges back to Mooroolbark, that's too bad. He has until June 30 to make his mind up! Give me a break. Funniest thing I've read on this forum in years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It may have been a little tongue in cheek there old sidewinder . Just a little "in joke" between rams . And your right upward style i thought "the real dutchy" (no. 33 ) played a great game at Full Back

Any good DVD recommendations this week SNEAKO , wouldn't mind a quite night in with a lovely lady and a good movie ???

I would agree to some point there "up front". Reading in the record at the start of the season and Russell Strony was among the best early in the season a few times. Might be returning from injury or something but was still out there tearing it up on saturday in the magoo's. Share any light??

Russell very good player comming back from injury as was Jamie Paull who was easily the best MTL in the reserves. The 2's battled really hard against Monash but they are a very good side. I'm sure the 2's would have been more competative but it didn't help as the 1's left 3 out rested who have played in all senior games this year. The 1's game was a ripper, big crowd and credit to Monash who at the end were unlucky to lose.
Surprised to see RC lose at home, that's like the cats losing down at skilled and how bad are the injuries wazza. Two good wins away now by SM and it looks like manningham could be the 'smokey'

It may have been a little tongue in cheek there old sidewinder . Just a little "in joke" between rams . And your right upward style i thought "the real dutchy" (no. 33 ) played a great game at Full Back

Any good DVD recommendations this week SNEAKO , wouldn't mind a quite night in with a lovely lady and a good movie ???

Are the "dutchys" brothers or something there privates coolboy? Number 33 did have great game at full back but i thought your number 5 came out in the second half and had a crack, started holding on to some balls that flu his way.

I do happen to have a couple of DVD recommendations, but lets be honest we know you would be viewing them alone.

Round 10:
Agree that this is the best round for match ups so far this season, some great games that could go either way, plus the top of the table clash we've been waiting for.

Richmond vs Sth.Mornington.....I'm going to pick Richmond only because of home ground advantage, but would have swayed the other way if roles could be reversed. Richmond 14 points.
Manningham vs Box Hill Nth.....A dissapointing Manningham outfit so far this year. After all the pre-season hype they generated, most in D4 picked them as a real contender, but a loss this week will truly have them branded pretenders. Manningham 20 points.
Mt Lilydale vs Monash.....I believe a toss of the coin is required here! Monash supposedly getting stronger this week with a few inclusions and Mt Lilydale maybe just a little weaker with a couple of outs. Monash 18 points.
Point Cook vs Chadstone.....Point Cook will be happy to take a big win here and get some confidence around the place. Point Cook 110 points.
Swinburne vs Nth Brunswick.....The looser of this game could find it a bit tough to claw back into finals contention. Nth Brunswick 7 points.
Reserves:
Richmond, Manningham, Monash, Chadstone(heard they may stack), Nth Brunswick.

Round 10 Results:
Sth Mornington 103 defeat Richmond 89......Very good win away from home by Sth's. Richmond just cant get any consistancy in the side and would want to get a win at Box Hill next week as they play Monash the following round. Sth Mornington get another win next week thanks to the bye and will sit comfortably in 3rd or 4th.
Manningham 93 defeat Box Hill Nth 65......With a goal in it at three quater time Box Hill Nth would be unhappy to have lost by 5 goals. Manningham are another side who just cant get any consistancy, yet now sit one win out of the finals. I was hoping that Box Hill got up in this game just to hush a few who gave them no chance as a side this season, but they have pushed all sides this season and will upset a few in the following weeks.
Mt Lilydale 73 defeat Monash 68......With less than two minutes remaining the Gryphons took what seemed to be a winning lead of 7 points, enter M.Rhodes and A.Rodwell to slot through two goals in a frantic minute of footy. Congratulations to the Rams who now sit a game clear on top of the D4 ladder. I heard the crowd was fairly big and that Eley Park coaching and playing group also attended.
Point Cook 112 defeat Chadstone 55.....After not scoring in the first quater Chadstone did well to kick 8 goals to 11 for the next three quaters.
Swinburne 60 DREW Nth Brunswick 60......Wow! I've personally never been involved in draw. Could anyone from either side lat the forum in on scores at three quater time aswell as the feeling afterwards????????

Swinburne 60 DREW Nth Brunswick 60......Wow! I've personally never been involved in draw. Could anyone from either side lat the forum in on scores at three quater time aswell as the feeling afterwards????????
Game was close all day. I think Swinburne were up by a few points at 3 qtr time. I don't think the margin was more than a goal at any of the breaks.
Both teams had a chance to win it in the last few minutes with NB having the 2 last scoring shots (behinds) and Swin having the footy (along with 30 odd players) in their forward 50 for the last minute of the game.
Very exciting game but a strange feeling once the siren went. Sort of feels like you should have won but lost, even though you still get some points.:confused:

Game was close all day. I think Swinburne were up by a few points at 3 qtr time. I don't think the margin was more than a goal at any of the breaks.
Both teams had a chance to win it in the last few minutes with NB having the 2 last scoring shots (behinds) and Swin having the footy (along with 30 odd players) in their forward 50 for the last minute of the game.
Very exciting game but a strange feeling once the siren went. Sort of feels like you should have won but lost, even though you still get some points.:confused:

Thanks Razor, I'm sure the feeling would be hard to explain.
Round 11:

Nth Brunswick vs Point Cook......Nth Brunswick need a good win here as they face Manningham then Monash. Nth Brunswick by 7 goals.
Monash vs Swinburne......Monash will be fairly sore from the bruising encounter against the Rams so if Swinburne can hit them hard early they might get a sniff. Monash to bounce back by 5 goals.
Box Hill Nth vs Richmond......Will be a close game I'm thinking. Richmond by 3 goals.
Chadstone vs Manningham......Manningham will start a run of 6 wins in row from round 11-17 until they face the Rams. This run will cement a place for them in the finals. Manningham by 15 goals.
Mt Lilydale vs Eley Peark......This is the second of three home games in a row for Mt Lilydale and they face an ever improving Eley Park who have shot up into 3rd on the ladder. The Rams smashed them in a pre-season fixture but will also be a little sore and sorry from last weeks encounter, but in saying this they have knocked over all challenges so far and will do so again come saturday. Mt Lilydale by 8 goals.

Reserves......Nth Brunswick, Monash, Richmond, Manningham, Eley Park.

They need more than her down there what happened to the 70 or 80 recruits they picked up cant beleve they cudnt get 20 who could play i live there and they didnt ring me lol. The start of the year all conected with P .C, said they will be in C GRADE within 5years even the Coach from what i have heard there will be 40 walking at years end not a happy camp. Would someone care to Xplain or is there a 10 year plan now in place.

They need more than her down there what happened to the 70 or 80 recruits they picked up cant beleve they cudnt get 20 who could play i live there and they didnt ring me lol. The start of the year all conected with P .C, said they will be in C GRADE within 5years even the Coach from what i have heard there will be 40 walking at years end not a happy camp. Would someone care to Xplain or is there a 10 year plan now in place.

Not a fan of full stops Mobile ????? lol ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back