D4 2011 - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats to all at SFX. By far the best team all year.

Who won the medal for BOG? and also did the scribes post team of the year this year?

Great work by the South reserves boys with no bench in the third qtr.Toughed it out guys and know you're enjoyin it bigtime at present.Lookin forward to gettin the ones up and amongst it next year,GO Tiges!!!!!!

Your boys were very good on the day. Woodruff was racking up touches at will (will he play ones next year?) and the big curly haired ruckmen dominated around the ground. A great game to watch aside from one incident. Well done to the boys from Sth Mornington on a great season. We look forward to the match up next year.

and also did the scribes post team of the year this year?

Here's what I ended up with. Let fly with the feedback.

TEAM OF THE YEAR
B: Pike (RC), Wild (Swin), Costorphin (EP)
HB: O’Regan (MC), Clark (SM), Thomas (EP)
C: Fiske (RC), Dimakopoulos (SFX), George (Chad)
HF: Notaro (NB), Kilmartin (Swin), Penny (BHN)
F: Spencer (SFX), Marsh (PC), Traeger (RC)
R: Angus (RC), Hyman (Swin), Jeffrey (NB)
I/C: Bennett (EP), Burns (SFX), D. Manning (Swin), Scott (SFX)

Congrats to SFX and Richmond for GF appearance. Well Done.

Now the bad news - has everyone forgotten those absolute flogs from the poo farm are back in D4? And we will have to play on that disgraceful **** collecting bog heap in 2012???????????

Now the bad news - has everyone forgotten those absolute flogs from the poo farm are back in D4? And we will have to play on that disgraceful **** collecting bog heap in 2012???????????

Harvey.

No - definitiely not forgotten. (As much as it pains me to agree with you on anything!) :p

Believe the school has committed their ground to getting new drainage over the summer, so should see an improved deck in 2012.

Grant Ryan reported again!

put a cork in it... hes got a medallion now.. more than bok hill norf will have in the near future!!

id say that your past your prime mate but dont believe that you ever had a prime!! your as has been/ never was!! hang em up pal! let the youth in!

anywho did u see the incident?? as a "football" expert, i would like your opinion of te incident?

RANT OVER.

Here's what I ended up with. Let fly with the feedback.

TEAM OF THE YEAR
B: Pike (RC), Wild (Swin), Costorphin (EP)
HB: O’Regan (MC), Clark (SM), Thomas (EP)
C: Fiske (RC), Dimakopoulos (SFX), George (Chad)
HF: Notaro (NB), Kilmartin (Swin), Penny (BHN)
F: Spencer (SFX), Marsh (PC), Traeger (RC)
R: Angus (RC), Hyman (Swin), Jeffrey (NB)
I/C: Bennett (EP), Burns (SFX), D. Manning (Swin), Scott (SFX)

OK, I think that SFX were clearly the superior team for the year and probably deserve a greater on field representation. Trying to include every team does not necessarily make for a team of the year.

S van Dam should replace Pike in the back pocket and if Burns is not a better wing man than Fiske I will eat my hat. Just watch the GF video.

To put Spencer in a forward pocket is just insulting to a 100 goal full forward.

Mathers dominated Angus in the 3 games he played against him, if anything RC's 'second ruck' Browne (?) was better than Angus.

And finally, to not have Leigh Andrews in this team is a huge oversight.

Dont give up your day job mate.

You did ask for feedback - and it is mad monday :)

Oh nearly forgot, Traeger over Scott in the forward pocket??

Only if you were tanking for draft picks.

Dont get me wrong, Traeger is a good player, Scott is just better

(Log in to remove this ad.)

put a cork in it... hes got a medallion now.. more than bok hill norf will have in the near future!!

id say that your past your prime mate but dont believe that you ever had a prime!! your as has been/ never was!! hang em up pal! let the youth in!

anywho did u see the incident?? as a "football" expert, i would like your opinion of te incident?

RANT OVER.

medallion or no medallion, still a cheap shot and should get a decent holiday....

Well done to SFX... They got off to a flyer and never let us back in. A couple of times we got back to within a couple of goals, but they always steadied when the pressure was on.

Spencer couldn't miss... He slotted at least a couple from very tight angles.

I thought Mathers was BOG.

OK, I think that SFX were clearly the superior team for the year and probably deserve a greater on field representation. Trying to include every team does not necessarily make for a team of the year.

S van Dam should replace Pike in the back pocket and if Burns is not a better wing man than Fiske I will eat my hat. Just watch the GF video.

To put Spencer in a forward pocket is just insulting to a 100 goal full forward.

Mathers dominated Angus in the 3 games he played against him, if anything RC's 'second ruck' Browne (?) was better than Angus.

And finally, to not have Leigh Andrews in this team is a huge oversight.

Dont give up your day job mate.

You did ask for feedback - and it is mad monday :)

Mmmm..... Interesting that yyou have substituted a RC player for every SFX player. I agree that SFX were a bit under represented, but surely a few RC players deserved to be in. Fiske was probably a bit lucky but the other 3 deserved to get in.

Great game on Saturday, SFX deserved their title as clearly the best side all year. I thought 32 (Scott ?) was a bit stiff not to win the medal.

Probably the right result in the ressies as well, as SM were the most consistent side all year. Agree with Ruck Machine though, number 18 for Sth Mornington is an absolute sniper.

Can someon shed any light on the Ryan incident from Sth mornington in which he got 8 weeks?

I have heard a few stories about him but wondered if anyone knew anything about what he did to get 8 weeks

Perhaps the VAFA has adopted the AFL system and given him a loading for previous incidents? Either way eight is a big number!

What is the number of weeks received before you're forced to front the VAFA to show why your permit shouldn't be rescinded?

He must be pushing the enveolpe reasonably close?

Can someon shed any light on the Ryan incident from Sth mornington in which he got 8 weeks?

I have heard a few stories about him but wondered if anyone knew anything about what he did to get 8 weeks

standard cheapshot elbow to the head after the ball had left the area...

wouldn't expect anything less from the weak sniping dog.....

It was at least his second offense this season. That wouldn't have helped his case.

RANT OVER.

8 weeks?? Think RM was on the money Southfan - he is a cheapshot dog at best! Every single club would attest to this........

that's a fairly sizeable stint on the sidelines. didn't see the incident, but the fact that the player he cleaned up can't remember it and didn't play the rest of the game doesn't help. I thought he was going to go for the match later on when another player went down courtesy of his arm - but on that occasion, it was the shark's fault, just an over zealous attempt to tackle and came off 2nd best. Nothing in that one, even the tackler agrees, but was somehow awarded a free kick for it. With that player lying on the ground and Ryan standing the mark, i thought if the ump could get it that wrong that the black card might be coming out.

sounds like a combination of a bad record and non-attendance to the tribunal would have been contributing factors. the player involved gave no evidence, as he had none so it was all based on the umpire's account of things. I can't be 100% certain, but i'm fairly sure that he didn't actually see the incident (as per his description as he raised the red card). This same umpire was heard to say "i want to bury him" on his way in to the hearing, so it was hardly going to be a fair trial.

Did anyone else hear the ump (yes, the same one) at the end of the game when some fans questioned (fairly innocently i believe) an aspect of the game? He quite clearly and on numerous occasions shouted "F#CK OFF!", at a more than audible level that would see a player sent to the sidelines. I was completely shocked by this. I am in no way an umpire basher, i've been there myself so know what they have to put up with, but I'd never come across this before. I later heard (on very good authority) that this same umpire - many years ago - jumped the fence and belted a spectator (while umpiring!). Surely a player would never play again if he did that, so how has this guy still got a whistle??? Despite all that, I actually thought they did a decent job on the day. A few strange ones as always but they were pretty consistent.

Did anyone else hear the ump (yes, the same one) at the end of the game when some fans questioned (fairly innocently i believe) an aspect of the game? He quite clearly and on numerous occasions shouted "F#CK OFF!", at a more than audible level that would see a player sent to the sidelines. I was completely shocked by this. I am in no way an umpire basher, i've been there myself so know what they have to put up with, but I'd never come across this before. I later heard (on very good authority) that this same umpire - many years ago - jumped the fence and belted a spectator (while umpiring!). Surely a player would never play again if he did that, so how has this guy still got a whistle??? Despite all that, I actually thought they did a decent job on the day. A few strange ones as always but they were pretty consistent.

I was one of those lucky spectators. Truly disgraceful behaviour from the umpire in question and those kind of incidents are exactly why some of the members of this forum question the credibility of the VAFA umpiring fraternity

so now that the season is done and dusted, for a bit of fun who would be in the D4 ressies team of the year? this would be interesting. only requirement is that a player must have played 5 twos games this year. peoples thoughts and comments welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back