D4 2011 - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it's been four seasons since my last post but this week I feel compelled to get back on board (so to speak). Whilst the journey has been long and arduous it's also been fulfilling and character-building.

Well done to all at the Centrals for sticking together through thick and thin.

Good luck to all clubs we've done battle with over the years; hopefully we'll meet again (up in the higher grades of course)!

Either way it's been a big effort making it to D3 from where we were - just one more win would top it all off! Go Centrals!!!

So it's finally confirmed, Saturday at Scammell reserve Oakliegh again, big windy ground, could be a small advantage to Eley and RC who played there on Saturday, Eleys reserves looked good on the weekend easily accounting for RC, I didn't see the seniors but RC obviously did it easy also, should be two good games this week, gonna tip South in the magoos (obviously) and a mini upset with RC taking out the senior flag, good luck all involved.

There will be no upset in the seniors. SFX lost 2 games for the season and both those teams have been eliminated. RC have not got within 10 goals of SFX on either occassion, hard to see that been reversed on the biggest day. SFX fresh, fit and healthy, whilst RC have a few niggly injuries. Good effort to make it but me thinks this has the makings of a massive reality check for RC, it could get ugly for them especially since Treager has not fired a shot in either final. Can't see them getting first ball use against SFX to impact the scoreboard enough. Time will tell.

From what I've seen of the finals thus far, SFX are a long away ahead of the others in how clean their ball use is. RC will need to exert extreme physical pressure to impede this. Swinburne weren't able to do this but RC probably have the cattle to do so to an extent - probably enough to make it closer than might otherwise be expected, but I doubt enough to cause an upset.

FINALS ACTION

Good luck to the four clubs venturing to Scammell Reserve, Oakleigh (Map 69 G11) on Saturday for your Grand Finals.

In fact all D4 supporters, come and join us as we host:

Res: SOUTH MORNINGTON vs ELEY PARK @ 11:45 AM

Sen: ST FRANCIS XAVIER vs RICHMOND CENTRAL @ 2:15 PM

Plenty of parking, fully operating canteen, can bar outside the rooms after the Seniors.

OOB

Will the weather make much difference to the out come of the Seniors? was at Scammel on Sunday and it look like a ground that would be shocking to play in the wet! RC would have the bigger bodies from what I have seen this year (each team once only)?

Interesting to see Roydon Hurst from Swinburne sledging the captain of RC (No. 5) on another forum. I only remember playing Swinburne once a long time ago on that disgrace that they call a ground plenty of sooks running around then and it doesn't seem much has changed!! Didn't RC knock them off easily last week?? Interesting to note he seems to be lying down in the facebook pic maybe due to lack of spine??

Interesting to see Roydon Hurst from Swinburne sledging the captain of RC (No. 5) on another forum. I only remember playing Swinburne once a long time ago on that disgrace that they call a ground plenty of sooks running around then and it doesn't seem much has changed!! Didn't RC knock them off easily last week?? Interesting to note he seems to be lying down in the facebook pic maybe due to lack of spine??

I noticed that on facebook, he is also the bloke who clocked Christian Traeger in a scuffle at the start of the year... real hero bagging Irish, especially after coming off a hiding on the weekend.

What a tosser.

Swinburne a team full of tossers !

I noticed that on facebook, he is also the bloke who clocked Christian Traeger ...

Traeger is no stranger to the glove! He spent most of both games vs BHN trying to belt our fullback (probably not a bad bloke when he's kicking goals).

Grand Finals Tips
Seniors
St Francis Xavier vs Richmond Central
This game is going to be a tight one. It'll be interesting to see how Seb 'Big Potato' Angus goes against Jess 'I dont look at the ball while rucking' Mathers.

I'm going with the heart and tipping RC by 4 points.

Reserves
South Mornington vs Eley Park
Gotta go with Bobby, SM by 25 points.

Traeger is no stranger to the glove! He spent most of both games vs BHN trying to belt our fullback (probably not a bad bloke when he's kicking goals).

Grand Finals Tips
Seniors
This game is going to be a tight one. It'll be interesting to see how Seb 'Big Potato' Angus goes against Jess 'I dont look at the ball while rucking' Mathers.

I'm going with the heart and tipping RC by 4 points.

Reserves
Gotta go with Bobby, SM by 25 points.

Ruck Machine they would both pants you looking at the ball or not, seriously!

Grand Finals Tips

Seniors
Thinking the weather will make it a lot closer than it ohterwise would have been but class will be the key so tipping SFX by 2 Goals.

Reserves
I f'ing hate SM but can't see them loosing so SM by 6 goals.

Well it's been an interesting season.

Something positive to note, there were very few suspensions of players from D4 this year. Not sure on the stats but I'd say D4 would have the least in the comp. Good signs.

Chadstone nearly got off the mark late in the year, and are showing signs of improvement.
BHN got off to a flyer, then lost half their seniors to international holidays.
Manningham were there abouts once again. Oreagan a handy pick up.
North brunswick are still short of talls. Notaro was a handy pick up.
Point Cook showed definate improvement over last year, and will improve again next season.
South Mornington got off to a shocker and left their run too late.
Eley Park improved their depth considerably.
Swinburne's reserves missed out after making the GF last year, but the seniors improved as a result.
SFX kept a very low profile, and have gotten the job done. Well done to Chris Van Dam.

Good luck to everyone tomorrow. I'm tipping Eley Park in the reserves. I think the wet weather will suit them better. It'll slow down Dibinardi who killed RC's twos.

In the seniors... Here's hoping for an upset!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tips for this Week
Seniors

As much as I would like to tip RC, the head says that SFX will be too good, wet or dry, and should get home by 3 or 4 goals. B.O.G - Andrews SFX

Reserves

I think this one will be really close. I'm tipping SM to get over the line by 2 goals. EP have won something like 13 games in a row, but SM are a very good reserves footy team. Donnelly would have to be in the top 20 players in the whole of D4, seriosuly, what is this guy doing playing reserves footy. No doubt, Sth will have a crack at him physically, and I don't think EP has the depth to cover an off game from him. B.O.G - Woodruff

Good Luck to all involved.

Good luck to everyone tomorrow. I'm tipping Eley Park in the reserves. I think the wet weather will suit them better. It'll slow down Dibinardi who killed RC's twos.

Rubbish!!!

Tips for this Week
Donnelly would have to be in the top 20 players in the whole of D4, seriosuly, what is this guy doing playing reserves footy. No doubt, Sth will have a crack at him physically, and I don't think EP has the depth to cover an off game from him. [/B]

It's an interesting one that one. One of few D4 players with VFL experience I'm guessing, would have been a handy addition to their seniors (I believe it was his desire to just play reserves).

whole of D4, seriosuly, what is this guy doing playing reserves footy. No doubt, Sth will have a crack at him physically, and I don't think EP has the depth to cover an off game from him. B.O.G - Woodruff

haha have you seen the size of this bloke? good luck with that, whoever the sorry sth morn player is who tries.

It's an interesting one that one. One of few D4 players with VFL experience I'm guessing, would have been a handy addition to their seniors (I believe it was his desire to just play reserves).

That's what I heard. He would have had 30+ possesions last weekend. If he sticks around at EP he'll be a gun midfielder for EP next year.

I'm still tipping EP. There's no doubt SM have been the best reserves side in the comp all year, but EP haven't lost a game in 3 months. surely they have to be favourites!

How did your tips go Cam 'can't mark, can't kick' Liston...why don't your work out the percentage of times you actually hit a target (10%?!) this year and post that on your website..

How did your tips go Cam 'can't mark, can't kick' Liston...why don't your work out the percentage of times you actually hit a target (10%?!) this year and post that on your website..

Will have it up by the end of the week (I think I got 2 kicks for the season and I'm pretty sure 1 of those hit a target).

Well done to SFX on winning the Senior flag. Clearly the best team all year.

Also well done to SM, they will surely be strong contenders in the Seniors in 2012.

Great work by the South reserves boys with no bench in the third qtr.Toughed it out guys and know you're enjoyin it bigtime at present.Lookin forward to gettin the ones up and amongst it next year,GO Tiges!!!!!!

Congratulations to SFX, were the better team on the day and had our measure all year. Was bloody hard watching from the sidelines, hopefully we recruit well, maintain most of our list and we should be in finals contention in div 3 next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back