D4 Section Ammos pt 1 (2005-2007)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: D4 Section Ammos

king_turtle said:
that was a spot on analysis. :thumbsu:
this week will be very interesting.
personally i think eltham in the 1's by a country mile and eltham in the 2's by even more.

powerhouse will come back this week in the rematch and show box hill where they are really at. also north brunswick 1's (i stole someone's joke) will be a close game against hawthorn's 2's.

Come on King Turtle.
You use a name you ripped off from our beloved King Cobra, you picked your own team to win both games convincingly and finish by plagiarising my sarcastic shot at Bruns Nth magoos.

With original thinking like that you should be writing film scripts in Hollywood.

Seriously though, welcome to the forum.

Yeah that's a good call!

My next movie will be called turtles on a plane! watch out for it.

I wonder how many players from nth brunswick who should be playing 1's will be in the second game?

I actually thought about who would win and think eltham 2's easy and the 1's by a bit. Can't be complaicant though, but we have to be confident.

spy1 said:
LAST TME THEY MET :
HAWTHORN AFC 16.5-101 def ELTHAM OC 11.18-84
BOX HILL NORTH AFC 21.11-137 def. POWER HOUSE AFC 12.16-88

What are you trying to say Spy1 that Box Hill Nth will repeat that same performance. Lets get real! The top three sides have been by far the best by a mile over the rest. There is no way that last years D3 side would allow one of the cellar dwellars for many years in D4, repeat that same performance as last Saturday. Powerhouse must certainly been way off on the day! Maybe they had a few injuries coming into that game! No way that BHN were that good. Powerhouse know they belong back in D3. Not getting back there would be unimaginable!
I tell you what though, I wouldn't want to be down at Powerhouse if they did loose this week. I reckon things could get pretty ugly!
How would Paul Edwards react? Coming down from D1 to play in a side where a Premiership was almost garaunteed.
Very interesting!

I see David Speakman from Richmond Centrals was their highest vote getter for the league B n F.... How is that possible? He only got in the best 17 times out of his 17 games. What a farce.

Ifeellikechickentonight said:
What are you trying to say Spy1 that Box Hill Nth will repeat that same performance. Lets get real! The top three sides have been by far the best by a mile over the rest. There is no way that last years D3 side would allow one of the cellar dwellars for many years in D4, repeat that same performance as last Saturday. Powerhouse must certainly been way off on the day! Maybe they had a few injuries coming into that game! No way that BHN were that good. Powerhouse know they belong back in D3. Not getting back there would be unimaginable!
I tell you what though, I wouldn't want to be down at Powerhouse if they did loose this week. I reckon things could get pretty ugly!
How would Paul Edwards react? Coming down from D1 to play in a side where a Premiership was almost garaunteed.
Very interesting!

Even worse, he came from directly from C Grade.

knackers_2 said:
I see David Speakman from Richmond Centrals was their highest vote getter for the league B n F.... How is that possible? He only got in the best 17 times out of his 17 games. What a farce.

that says he got in the richmond centrals best 17 times, doesnt mean hes the highest vote getter for d4, just consistent. In our team, he was in our best players every week. I don't see what your concern is knackers :confused:

spy1 said:
Come on King Turtle.
You use a name you ripped off from our beloved King Cobra

Not feeling to loved on here at the moment with all this talk of pies and cream cakes....lol

just wondering at which club you support spy1.....Thought it was hawthorn am i correct?

buckaz said:
that says he got in the richmond centrals best 17 times, doesnt mean hes the highest vote getter for d4, just consistent. In our team, he was in our best players every week. I don't see what your concern is knackers :confused:

I feel you need to understand the genre of humour known as sarcasm 'Buck'.
I certainly have plonked ol' 'Chickee Babe' in that section.

In my recent post, I was not alluding to anything, just providing information for the good folk of this thread.

I reckon Spy1 is a D4 supporter or a Footy lover, I will personally welcome you as a Hawk support if that's the case Spy1...

KC..come on mate, no love lost...I like pies and cakes too...boys are just having fun here...

"WATCH OUT" JP THE CHINAMAN King Cobra will be out looking for you if your eating his cream cakes and pies.
What about "fatanjek" will he lose his extra tyres now the season is over and no more free pies & cakes.

ALFY said:
"WATCH OUT" JP THE CHINAMAN King Cobra will be out looking for you if your eating his cream cakes and pies.
What about "fatanjek" will he lose his extra tyres now the season is over and no more free pies & cakes.

Hes the one suppling all the cakes and pies, i only get the ones he drops and cant pick up...

JP maybe u could be a cobra 2 if u love pies and cakes. they are very nice down here.....

JP the Chinaman said:
I reckon Spy1 is a D4 supporter or a Footy lover, I will personally welcome you as a Hawk support if that's the case Spy1...

KC..come on mate, no love lost...I like pies and cakes too...boys are just having fun here...

JP, As a kid growing up I spent more time with my old dad down at Glenferrie than I did at school. I could still rattle off all the players and their numbers from the Hawthorn (VFL) teams of the 60s and early 70s. My family is associated with the club well back to when they were a VFA club. Even made sure my daughter was a member from the age of one.

But my passion for them changed when after some coaching I got a job with a VFL/AFL club other than Hawthorn. I would watch 3 or 4 games a week for my new employers, but only on rare occassions did I get to watch the team I was working for. I came to love my new team and lived or died on their success. When I watched my new team I was normally in the box and that is not a place for barracking. By watching other teams play in games where I had no allegance, I found the love of good football. It did not matter after a while that I wasn't emotionally involved in a game, I would look forward to seeing champion players or teams do thier stuff just as much as a supporter loves seeing his team win.

Ever since then I feel I can appreciate good footy, regardless of who performs it. I have coached around the traps over the years but have recently discovered the joy of Ammo footy. I like the grades below C section as I feel this is where you can see the Ammo slogan "For the love of the game" at it's truest. You are not likely to see many high paid ex AFL or the like players coming into a team and changing it's fortunes drastically. Clubs still have to be built up on friendship, a great social atmosphere and a lot of hard work from people who truely love their club.

I have mentioned b4 that I have friends that played with a club, now in D4, and it is thanks to them I have found myself watching many of you guys run around on a Saturday. Yes I do follow one team more than the rest, but that does not mean I don't enjoy watching a game they are not involved in. Try going and watching a finals match your club is not competing in and you may see what I mean.

Would knowing I follow one club over another make my posts more interesting KC?
I feel my truely unbiased comments may not be recieved in such a light were I to pledge my heart to one team or another at this point.

Good luck to all playing this week and remember, it is sport and sport is meant to be fun.

Alfy, no problem man, make sure KC knows what I look like..hahaha...that's meant to be a joke...

KC, no way man...I'm a Hawk and you know it...Aren't Hawks natural enemies to Cobras? Or Snakes? May be also Turtles? I believe I saw something like that on the Discovery Channel...hehehe

Spy1, inspirational words, glad to have you on board supporting our division, you are right in many of your points, it does make football more interesting when all the players or most of the players are truely ammos and are playing through their love of the game....it's mateship out there and I totally agree with you that this is a sport, a passtime, a hobby and we should keep it FUN!!! :D

Good luck to those that made the finals series, well, wish your luck till you play the Hawks that is...that's when I wish your luck run out...and to those that didn't make it this year, good luck in 07.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JP the Chinaman said:
Alfy, no problem man, make sure KC knows what I look like..hahaha...that's meant to be a joke...

KC, no way man...I'm a Hawk and you know it...Aren't Hawks natural enemies to Cobras? Or Snakes? May be also Turtles? I believe I saw something like that on the Discovery Channel...hehehe quote]

Lol......was worth a try....Anyway good luck on the weekend might even pop in for a bit of a look.

Good luck to all the boys playing this week and for those who arnt, let us know of any good mad monday stories...lol.

no worries KC, if you do come down, say hi after the game man...anyway, my tips for this weekend, apart from the obvious, Boccy Hill North upsetting Power House again in the ones, Eltham to beat Power House in the twos. :thumbsu:

JP, bad luck about today. Your banter on the post has been very jovial. Bit sad to see your boys go down but with the seniors in line next week, let's hope you get to enjoy next Saturday night With Barrel and the boys.

Did we just lose about 4 pages of posts here or what? I picked PWH to beat Eltham yesterday based on the weather predictions, was I right or was I right!!! but yes, very very very gutted about yesterday's loss to PWH in our game, what can I say, a tough end to a good year, enjoyed it, I guess that was the main point...still training from Jan till Sep is a long time to come so close...good luck PWH boys and like I said after the game, now proof you are what you are and beat the turtles next week in the big one...I think Danno and our boys will do your seniors by a healthy margin, but yeah, you'll have glory in the twos...I hope anyway....

Thanks fellas for all your well wishes this past couple of weeks, this is what this forum is all about, good banter, get to know your opponents a little and have a dig at each other all at good humor...cheers and let's get cracking and get back on the track in a month or two...anyone running the Marathon in Oct or half Marathon? :D

After watching the 1st Semi Final last week I thought yesterday's game would be a good one to watch. I was wrong. Nothing much happened all day, the most excitment came from the crowd sledging each other. Lets hope next week turns out to be a ripper. Also bad luck JP good luck for next year.

Big Footy crashed yesterday, losing 6 days worth of posts, gone forever.
Tough luck JP.
Should be a good one next week. Let's hope it is good weather.
Now the important question arising from yesterday:
How was the grub?

Just wondering if there is anyone out there from Powerhouse who could tell me who they have found hardest in the finals(seniors that is) so far, Eltham or Box Hill Nth? How do you rate these sides now?

Congratulations on your promotion and reaching the grand final!

G'day I Feel Like Chuckin' Tonight,

Tough ask?
We rolled the 'Tortoises' comfortably in the wind Saturday and against Box Hill North we Squeaked over the line after holding a substantial lead heading into the final stanza. The quandary is that Box Hill North kicked our butts by 10 goals the week previous and perhaps the swabbing would have returned some positives in the form reversal.
Onto important matters the House will upset the Hawthorn showponies!
There may just be a little physical pressure early and we will find out how they respond?
They are a humble mob over there.....

Probably all Hawthorn, Turtles and Cobras on here hey?

A bit quiet since the turtles crashed!

Am I just trippin or did those pages that went missing happen after Saturday's game?

spy1 said:
Big Footy crashed yesterday, losing 6 days worth of posts, gone forever.
Tough luck JP.
Should be a good one next week. Let's hope it is good weather.
Now the important question arising from yesterday:
How was the grub?

Spy1 you would be happy to know that the food was a hell of a lot better than what NOBS came up with. I just hope it will continue onto next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back