D4 Section Ammos pt 1 (2005-2007)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: D4 Section Ammos

Guys, we just received notice regarding preseason training on council ovals- here is a summary:

Basically, due to the continuing water restrictions and on-going drought, Council will not allow winter clubs access to City of Monash grounds over the summer period.
This includes competition training, pre-season training, practice matches, summer clinics etc for both junior and senior players.
In early January, the condition of reserves will be evaluated and the Clubs will be informed as to the availability of grounds after 31 January 2008.
Clubs found to be on their licensed grounds, or any other City of Monash sports reserve, risk being issued with a fine from Local Laws Officers or possible sanctions from future ground usage for the club.

Here we go again

Manny

Thanks for the info Manny,I'm in Monash so not really a surprise,would someone please start building and arc.:cool:

AGM was last night! what for the update from VAFA..

Aim is seniors, reserves, club 18's under 19s

As the immediate past president from St.Mary's last season. I can confirm that at last night's St.Mary's AGM it was agreed to a merge with Salesian AFC.

We are currently seeking interest from prospective coaches who wish to coach in D2.

Having been involved in two mergers now personally all successful ones. I see no difference here as it was a win win result for both clubs. The committee has been strengthened significantly and we will leave no stoned unturned to make this a successful club going forward.

Of course our intention is to develop under 19 players and under 17 players. We hope that they will come from the school but, we will aggressively recruit from local juniors’ sides after they can go no further with that junior club and provide a positive, successful, senior club which has winning culture and a strong family base.

We have a ground that can be trained on over pre-season unlike many other clubs. That remains a strong area where we can recruit from players who can't find a place to train who live locally to us. If you think you would enjoy a challenge of playing in a higher grade of football at an exciting progressive club. Then keep checking our website as preseason will begin in 4 - 6 weeks.

Good Luck to all teams next season especially Richmond who have really turned the corner and are on the up and up. Mark my words they are finals bound this season.

As the immediate past president from St.Mary's last season. I can confirm that at last night's St.Mary's AGM it was agreed to a merge with Salesian AFC.

We are currently seeking interest from prospective coaches who wish to coach in D2.

Having been involved in two mergers now personally all successful ones. I see no difference here as it was a win win result for both clubs. The committee has been strengthened significantly and we will leave no stoned unturned to make this a successful club going forward.

Of course our intention is to develop under 19 players and under 17 players. We hope that they will come from the school but, we will aggressively recruit from local juniors’ sides after they can go no further with that junior club and provide a positive, successful, senior club which has winning culture and a strong family base.

We have a ground that can be trained on over pre-season unlike many other clubs. That remains a strong area where we can recruit from players who can't find a place to train who live locally to us. If you think you would enjoy a challenge of playing in a higher grade of football at an exciting progressive club. Then keep checking our website as preseason will begin in 4 - 6 weeks.

Good Luck to all teams next season especially Richmond who have really turned the corner and are on the up and up. Mark my words they are finals bound this season.

Would assume that means Salesians player coach from this year isn't getting the job?? Bit dissapointing thought he was one of the best things about the club this year??

As much as I have been critical towards St Fairies all year, I wish them well on the seachange. It is obviously a decision never taken lightly - to lose your identify and forge a new one.

New coach will have a tough gig containing / maintaining all the egos. By that I mean if you have 2 senior sides merging there are going to be blokes on the outer. Have seen plenty cut up rough and pack up bags.

As much as I have been critical towards St Fairies all year, I wish them well on the seachange. It is obviously a decision never taken lightly - to lose your identify and forge a new one.

New coach will have a tough gig containing / maintaining all the egos. By that I mean if you have 2 senior sides merging there are going to be blokes on the outer. Have seen plenty cut up rough and pack up bags.

upside is no saint marys in d4 anymore :)... downside if you win the d4 flag and get promoted you'll most likely play them in d3 next year.

People,
I have just moved to Melbourne from Hobart and am trying to find a team to have a kick with next year, I am living in Richmond and therefore think that Richmond Central looks pretty good. I have played the last 5 years in the Southern Premier League in Tassie which is a feeder comp to our VFL team.
Anyone got any suggestions on a good club - needs to have a good social scene and preferably not too far from Richmond.
Also what is the standard of the VAFA like - there seems to be a lot of divisions and I have no idea what there like.

Cheers

Thanks mate... Sorry to hear you're no longer the president? Who has taken over the reigns?

Anyway, good luck in D2 and I hope you can find a suitable coach or two.

People,
I have just moved to Melbourne from Hobart and am trying to find a team to have a kick with next year, I am living in Richmond and therefore think that Richmond Central looks pretty good. I have played the last 5 years in the Southern Premier League in Tassie which is a feeder comp to our VFL team.
Anyone got any suggestions on a good club - needs to have a good social scene and preferably not too far from Richmond.
Also what is the standard of the VAFA like - there seems to be a lot of divisions and I have no idea what there like.

Cheers

North brunswick is not too far from Richmond , has a good social scene and is always looking for new players. You're welcome to come down when pre-season starts.

But if you're set on Richmond Centrals - Big Waz will find you a good home.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North brunswick is not too far from Richmond , has a good social scene and is always looking for new players. You're welcome to come down when pre-season starts.

But if you're set on Richmond Centrals - Big Waz will find you a good home.
I have already slipped him a fifty to come down to Bulleen Ozza...

People,

Cheers

Dos,
Richmond centrals.Nth Brunswick or Bullen cobras are close and all great clubs with good of field people to back up their sides,Box hill Nth also not too far away,just a case of which suits you,Centrals are obviously the closest,and are a big tip to go places in 2008 but then the same could be said for the other 2,as to standard,don't know the standard of southern premier but if they feed VFL my guess is D4 may be a bit below this,Ok Ok I'm sorry fellas,:pon the plus side you may shine and be seen by the umps;):Dand before the mongrels here fill you in I'm the resident Maggot here.

People,

Cheers

I'll pump up Box Hill North. 10 mins on freeway. A progressive club with a lot of different things to your normal club. Playing stocks and performances are starting to match their off field accomplishments. Check out their website for a better idea.
http://www.boxhillnorthfc.com.au/
Richmond also have a very progressive, proactive committee who are starting to reap rewards on field as well. Waz and the boys would welcome any decent person to their fold.
Bulleen have gone through a rebirthing, with several older heads stepping out of senior footy. Seem to be headed in the right direction off field, on field should follow.
Nth Brunswick have worked hard to create a better club. Playing stocks were a little thin at times last year, but a good core of decent people and some talented new blood would also make them a fair choice.

VAFA is the most popular place to play footy outside of AFL/VFL due to their superior administration. We all critisise them occassionly, but they are strong and support clean open footy.
D4 may be at the lower end of the competition, but the standard has been on a sharp up curve in the last 4 seasons. There is also a strong commradery amongst D4 teams that is not as common at higher levels. One thing though. One of the As in VAFA stands for ammo. No payment to players is permitted. There are occassionly some clubs who will bend the rules, but for the most part we play for the love of the game.

Most clubs have a great family and social atmosphere. Should you need assistance with work or study all the clubs above mentioned would be happy to assist.
Good luck and hope you enjoy VAFA.

People,

Cheers

Hey Dos, welcome to sunny / windy Melbourne!

The Centrals are a great bunch and we start training Jan 8th, and mate no worries, first 10 beers on us! (Short stagger home)

Anyway, you'll find that most of the clubs are great and the boys at Nth Brunny, Bulleen, Nth Box Hill etc are pretty good too. (Not as good as the Centrals)

Cheers

Lakey

Dos,
Richmond centrals.Nth Brunswick or Bullen cobras are close and all great clubs with good of field people to back up their sides,Box hill Nth also not too far away,just a case of which suits you,Centrals are obviously the closest,and are a big tip to go places in 2008 but then the same could be said for the other 2,as to standard,don't know the standard of southern premier but if they feed VFL my guess is D4 may be a bit below this,Ok Ok I'm sorry fellas,:pon the plus side you may shine and be seen by the umps;):Dand before the mongrels here fill you in I'm the resident Maggot here.
mongrels??? come on nelly is that the best you can do???

heard a story from an asian friend that BHN Dragons have nothing to do with Box Hill Nth and they, the dragons, want to move or make or whatever a new club by themselves. I thought that had a few players playing for BHN. What is on Spy or Machine? would be a loss with players, etc.
icon5.gif
Anyway good luck to all D4's.

heard a story from an asian friend that BHN Dragons have nothing to do with Box Hill Nth and they, the dragons, want to move or make or whatever a new club by themselves. I thought that had a few players playing for BHN. What is on Spy or Machine? would be a loss with players, etc.
icon5.gif

Been asked down to BHN plenty of times and plenty of Dragons about the place,i know they have hopes of becoming their own club and good luck to them,but to say they have "nothing to do with BHN" by me is wrong,Spy may be able to enlighten further but what I saw was a great mix of cultures and plenty of encouragement from wise heads at BHN.there is one irritating bloke in the dragons mold,but we have a love hate relationship,only kidding:D

icon5.gif

The Dragons are BHN.
Having said that, the major hitters in the evolution of the Dragons have always made it clear they aim to build into their own club in the future.
BHN is like a patron. We have given them the structure and support to get a team accepted into the VAFA.
Some members of the Dragons believe they are ready to jump out on their own right now.
They are due to have a General meeting very soon and this will be the main discussion point.
My personal opinion is this would be a premature move. There is a lot more to being a successful club than getting players to volunteer to play. I worry if they elect to go alone next season they will risk damaging what they have built so far. There is a push for them to do this in the SFL. Numbers appear to be split and it could be quite a willing discussion.
As much as BHN support the concept, we will not interfere with this meeting. If it is their choice to move away from Elgar Park, BHN will say good luck and wish them well.
BHN has, and will continue to encourage asian background players to join the club. There are several players playing senior and reserves who though of asian background, will continue to play in the red jumper no matter what the Dragons decide.
BHN will still be fielding an U/19 team next season, with or without the Dragons involvement.
If this answer is not clear enough maybe try PM to JPthe Chinaman who is the current skipper of the Dragons.

People,

Cheers

St.Marys/Salesian AFC is certainly not to far from Richmond if you are seeking a slightly higher grade of football in D2. I'm sure you would enjoy any of those clubs previously mentioned. How old are you? as we have an extremely young playing list of skilful players who are committed to sticking together. One of the big advantages we have is being able to train on our ground pre season most clubs in melbourne do not have that luxury. We are based in Glen Iris. We have new lighting capabilities that were recently used at the swimming at the melbourne commonwealth games installed free of charge which gives us more light than they have at NASA shuttle launches. Courtesy of the caring boroondara council.
Please contact me privately or call someone listed on our website. Exciting times ahead for this footy team. It does appear we will be ready to enter an under 19's team this season as we have 20 players signed up for that already. With clubrooms to be improved by 2010 and the possibility of an electronic scoreboard things are certainly looking on the up and up.

St.Marys/Salesian AFC is certainly not to far from Richmond if you are seeking a slightly higher grade of football in D2. I'm sure you would enjoy any of those clubs previously mentioned. How old are you? as we have an extremely young playing list of skilful players who are committed to sticking together. One of the big advantages we have is being able to train on our ground pre season most clubs in melbourne do not have that luxury. We are based in Glen Iris. We have new lighting capabilities that were recently used at the swimming at the melbourne commonwealth games installed free of charge which gives us more light than they have at NASA shuttle launches. Courtesy of the caring boroondara council.
Please contact me privately or call someone listed on our website. Exciting times ahead for this footy team. It does appear we will be ready to enter an under 19's team this season as we have 20 players signed up for that already. With clubrooms to be improved by 2010 and the possibility of an electronic scoreboard things are certainly looking on the up and up.
The Electronic scoreboard should see recruits flocking to Glen Iris. :rolleyes:

Thanks very much for the info boys, there seems to be a million and one clubs to choose from, I cant believe just how many footy clubs there are around the Melbourne region.

Anyway, thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back