D4 Section Ammos pt 1 (2005-2007)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Re: D4 Section Ammos

David Payne would be a huge loss. Regularly gets in excess of 30 possesions. Tell us Sharks is this true or not the league needs to know. I am wondering what people think is the optimal time for a club to start pre season. Before christmas helps to build a base but doesn't give people much time for a life outside of footy. What do the gurus think?

David Payne would be a huge loss. Regularly gets in excess of 30 possesions. Tell us Sharks is this true or not the league needs to know. I am wondering what people think is the optimal time for a club to start pre season. Before christmas helps to build a base but doesn't give people much time for a life outside of footy. What do the gurus think?

In terms of fitness for the individual to the team it dosen't make a huge difference over three months so having said that if you can convince guys in your side to do 20 minutes of moderate excercise (eg Jog) twice-three times a week during off season, starting pre-season at the very start of January wont hurt you.

Today's joke of the day:

This blonde was walking down a road carrying a bag, when a guy came along.
The guy asks, ''What are you carrying?''
''Melons,'' the blonde replies.
''Cool," the guy says. "If I can guess how many there are, can I have one of them?''
The blonde giggles and says, ''If you can guess how many there are, you can have BOTH of them.''

Thank you.

The xmas period is crap due to all the work functions and drinking etc.
The new year resolution seems to get everyone motivated for pre-season training.

The xmas period is crap due to all the work functions and drinking etc.
The new year resolution seems to get everyone motivated for pre-season training.
how about having a really shite season, winning one game, losing the rest by an average 10 goals+. That to me is enough motivation...

Although David 'PIGGA' Payne has officially retired, don't be surprised if you see him lining up against you. He will remain registered and play the odd game here and there - and we'll be happy to have him!!

Although David 'PIGGA' Payne has officially retired, don't be surprised if you see him lining up against you. He will remain registered and play the odd game here and there - and we'll be happy to have him!!

I thought that might be the case.

Spy, I am alright. Thanks for the concern.:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just the cricket club seem to have you listed on the unavailable list with a rather serious reason next to it.

http://www.elgarparkcc.com/index.php?type=page&ID=1215

Glad to hear and read that Rucky is ok,don't have time to go to a funeral next week,bet tobin bros.are disappointed ,then there have been some games when he has looked a bit crook.:cool:

"The news of his demise was grossly miss reported".

Always knew Ruck machine was out of this world. Now we know he is a "special" visitor from the after life.

The VAFA is asking for teams to nominate an opponent they'd like to play in the round 5 "Rivalry Round" this year.

Anyone keen to play the Centrals? :)

The VAFA is asking for teams to nominate an opponent they'd like to play in the round 5 "Rivalry Round" this year.

How about BHN, we've had a lot of great battles over the years especially when we were both languishing at the bottom.

Punt Road again?

How about BHN, we've had a lot of great battles over the years especially when we were both languishing at the bottom.

Punt Road again?

Without wanting to assume BHN would be invited, were Richmond to offer a Punt Rd match up again this year, I would think that game was a promoters dream on it's own.

Better to promote the Punt Rd game as it's own entity.
Then play a rivalry round against someone else.
Thereby automatically having 2 big games to promote before the season starts.

Your thoughts Waz ?

Bulleen Vs North Brunswick might be a good 1 for next year.

Kew would be a good 1 personaly for me next year aswell but maybe not for the team.....;););)

Bulleen Vs North Brunswick might be a good 1 for next year.

Kew would be a good 1 personaly for me next year aswell but maybe not for the team.....;););)

Bulleen vs North brunswick - would be a good one this year for a couple of reasons (i.e coaches)

West Brunny v North Brunny local derby would be a cracker too!!

Given the positions on the ladder last year and some facts from last season how about this...

Mt Lilydale VS BHN - BHN knocked out of finals by Mt lilydale second last round.
Albert Park VS Centrals - Inner city suburbs with long historys should both be there abouts.
West Brunswick VS Kew - The battle of the old D3 crew.
St Francis Xavier VS South Mornington - They are both from Whoop WHoop and both are newish still.
North Brunswick VS Bulleen - Been around a while, close to each other and similar positions last year.
Syndal Tally Ho VS Eley Park - Both local again and similar positions on the ladder last year.

What do we all think?

Given the positions on the ladder last year and some facts from last season how about this...

Mt Lilydale VS BHN - BHN knocked out of finals by Mt lilydale second last round.
Albert Park VS Centrals - Inner city suburbs with long historys should both be there abouts.
West Brunswick VS Kew - The battle of the old D3 crew.
St Francis Xavier VS South Mornington - They are both from Whoop WHoop and both are newish still.
North Brunswick VS Bulleen - Been around a while, close to each other and similar positions last year.
Syndal Tally Ho VS Eley Park - Both local again and similar positions on the ladder last year.

What do we all think?

Nice work Fiddy, looks good to me.

Eley Park v Box Hill North is a natural matchup for Rivalry round - the rivalry goes back a bir further than their time in the VAFA and the game of the year might just have been the 1-point thriller between these two sides last year.

I think both clubs would consider the other their 'traditional' rival.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back