Draft Watcher D_P_S Draft Watch 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hows Marshall going? He was one of the better forwards with ball low his knees in recent drafts. Was hoping he would slip to our second pick last year. He was top 5 material at one stage last year.

Coming into the season a lot of us tempered our expectations due to him being so slight and raw and the sanfl being less than kind to young key forwards but he straight off the bat has been regularly kicking goals. Has been popping up with excellent cameos showing afl talent then disappearing for periods.

Then I went down to Alberton to watch the port magpies play yesterday and he blew me away. Was a four quarter performance. Woodville west Torrens went ultra defensive with most of the game featuring their entire team camped in our forward fifty. Marshalls leading was great , was untouchable running through congestion on leads while never taking his eyes off the ball. The kind of leads where as soon as you saw him moving you knew he was going to end up with the ball. His hands were sticky. Got separation on his defender. Was super quick with the ball when he had it one time gathering the ball and slamming it on his boot before anyone could blink which resulted in an easy mark right in front of goal.

After seeing that performance from a 19 year old beanpole I'm pretty confident he is going to make it, and come on sooner than originally thought.

Some small changes to the rankings, ill be attending the Metro, Country and Allies trial games on Sunday and expect a few changes again after that game.
Apologies if touched on earlier but interested in your thoughts on Tyrone Hayes DPS and if you see him as a certainty to Hawks in the national draft and potentially what his range is, also interested in how you would compare him to Irvin Mosquito who I believe is a similar outside player albeit a year younger

Cheers!

Apologies if touched on earlier but interested in your thoughts on Tyrone Hayes DPS and if you see him as a certainty to Hawks in the national draft and potentially what his range is, also interested in how you would compare him to Irvin Mosquito who I believe is a similar outside player albeit a year younger

Cheers!
Got into trouble early in the year for disciplinary reasons and i think he had a few niggles as well. He is a long way back now and looks like a rookie prospect. Mosquito has been very good and looks a certain AFL player. Hayes was also highly rated last year but discipline and injuries have seen him drop of massively, i hope this wont be the case for Mosquito who at this stage looks a top 30 prospect for next year.

D_P_S.

Two Eastern Ranges that seem to pop up and catch my eyes more than North, Ross and Stoddart for me are Nolan and Mynott.

So potential draftees are:

Hayes.
Stephenson.
Cerra.
Garner.
North.
Ross.
Stoddart.
Nolan.
Mynott.

Also, is Harrison the brother of Jack Nolan?

D_P_S what's your thoughts on Tom North? Haven't been able to see him live myself, but I see his stats have been massive in the past few weeks. Is he an impactful player?

Also, do you reckon Petruccelle could rise into top 10 contentions in the coming weeks? I reckon he has the tools to do so

D_P_S what's your thoughts on Tom North? Haven't been able to see him live myself, but I see his stats have been massive in the past few weeks. Is he an impactful player?

Also, do you reckon Petruccelle could rise into top 10 contentions in the coming weeks? I reckon he has the tools to do so
North has had a good last month, he can be impactful but he can be prone to just getting ball on boot, what sets him and someone like Cerra is composure with the ball. I'd like to see how North does with all of Easterns guns back in the team and if he gets better or worse because it could dictate whether I have him pushing top 30.

He could but I'd like to see him influence the game for 4 quarters, he is getting better with every game though so who knows how far he can rise but at this stage I have him just outside the top 20.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DPS apparently there are a number of Metro boys carrying injuries. In your experience, if they're unable to play in Sunday's trial game is that inevitably a cut for them?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Think it depends on how bad the injury is and how good the player is rated. Id expect if the really good players have niggles they wont play this week so they are fresh for the real thing.

Hi D_P_S,
First time poster here and still unsure of who I want with Carlton's first pick...

If you could compare/rank/rate D.Fogarty, C.Rayner and LDU in the aspects of the following, whilst also providing player comparison, that'd be awesome.

General Kicking
Kicking under pressure
Finishing infront of goal
General speed
Acceleration from stoppage
Strength
Contested marking
Cleanliness (Does he fumble?)
Defensive running
Ability to cop tag/extra opposition attention

Thanks so much mate:)

Hi D_P_S,
First time poster here and still unsure of who I want with Carlton's first pick...

If you could compare/rank/rate D.Fogarty, C.Rayner and LDU in the aspects of the following, whilst also providing player comparison, that'd be awesome.

General Kicking
Kicking under pressure
General speed
Strength
Contested marking
Defensive running

Thanks so much mate:)

That's a tough one ill do a rough go at it haha, player comparisons are tough seen all of them are unique but Rayner is a lot like Petracca, Fogarty is a bigger version of Fyfe but even that's not the best comparison. LDU has a bit of Powell-Pepper, Wines but still he is unique in his own way. If im Carlton id go Fogarty first but all 3 would be very good editions at your first pick.

General Kicking
Fogarty
LDU-Rayner hard to split
Kicking under pressure
Fogarty
Rayner
LDU
Fogarty-LDU-Rayner hard to split
General speed
LDU
Fogarty-Rayner
LDU
Fogarty-Rayner
Strength
Fogarty
Rayner
LDU
(All very good)
Contested marking
Fogarty
Rayner
LDU
Fogarty-Rayner-LDU hard to split
(All are very clean)
Defensive running
LDU
Fogarty
Rayner
LDU(was tagged in school footy and still got 30 touches)
Rayner
Fogarty (Unkown)

That's a tough one ill do a rough go at it haha, player comparisons are tough seen all of them are unique but Rayner is a lot like Petracca, Fogarty is a bigger version of Fyfe but even that's not the best comparison. LDU has a bit of Powell-Pepper, Wines but still he is unique in his own way. If im Carlton id go Fogarty first but all 3 would be very good editions at your first pick.

General Kicking
Fogarty
LDU-Rayner hard to split
Kicking under pressure
Fogarty
Rayner
LDU
Fogarty-LDU-Rayner hard to split
General speed
LDU
Fogarty-Rayner
LDU
Fogarty-Rayner
Strength
Fogarty
Rayner
LDU
(All very good)
Contested marking
Fogarty
Rayner
LDU
Fogarty-Rayner-LDU hard to split
(All are very clean)
Defensive running
LDU
Fogarty
Rayner
LDU(was tagged in school footy and still got 30 touches)
Rayner
Fogarty (Unkown)
Legend mate.
Also, Ethan Penrith...
What can you tell me about him? Where does he sit?

Legend mate.
Also, Ethan Penrith...
What can you tell me about him? Where does he sit?
Bunch of talent, elite speed and is very tough but his kicking and decision making can be very poor, he reminds me a bit of Courtney Dempsey. I have him in the 50-80 range but some clubs really rate his rebound from defence so good chance he goes top 50.

Hey DPS, who do you see essendon taking if brisbane have a priority pick before our first pick?
Nobody knows who dodoro would take and that will be the case until draft day haha. I think an inside mid should be the priority if Hayes isn't available. Someone like Adam Cerra fills that taller inside mid need and he has decent speed aswell. Brander could be an option if we are going for a tall forward but it seems unlikely considering we didn't take Xavier Richards last year because we felt we had our forwards covered with Daniher, Hooker, Stewart, Francis and McKernan. At this stage its too hard to tell.

Yes, Jack is his older brother.

FYI and a little bit of trivia, Harrison is also playing with his cousin younger Lachlan Stapleton in the backline at Eastern Ranges.

Lachlan made the Eastern U16 squad this year and due to his form has been playing TAC Cup for the last 4 games.

D_P_S.

Two Eastern Ranges that seem to pop up and catch my eyes more than North, Ross and Stoddart for me are Nolan and Mynott.

So potential draftees are:

Hayes.
Stephenson.
Cerra.
Garner.
North.
Ross.
Stoddart.
Nolan.
Mynott.

Also, is Harrison the brother of Jack Nolan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back