News Dale Thomas: Going, going, **OFFICIALLY** gone! (Please, don't feed trolls)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the realisation is starting to sink in for many of us now. It leaves a pretty hollow feeling. Here is a little clip of a brash young man that we came to love :(

My only anger around this whole situation is that Thomas had to lie to us fans for months, maybe even 12-18 months because of the current system. Other players to be forced to lie recently included Gary Ablett Jnr and of course Buddy.

We need to change the system so that you can trade or agree to sign free agents at least before their final season begins at a club. If Daisy, Buddy and GAJ had the chance to inform their clubs fans of their choices 6-12 months in advance it would end the need to lie repeatedly.

Thomas was always going to Carlton, that much is clear.

Personally I think this would be awful. Seeing a player a year before he leaves your club sitting in a press conference in his new club jumper 12 months before he leaves is the debacle they have in rugby league. Just creates an awful look, and for the next 12 months supporters want him dropped to the seconds cause he's not going to be with us next year.

Ignorance is bliss in my view and better for all parties concerned.

His comments on the radio telling the kids to get their no 13 Collingwood jumpers out of the bin and that people will have egg on their faces.

I'm sure someone will be able to put up the actual quote.

I don't remember the actual quote, but by chance listened to the interview & believed the w***er. He'd be a nobody if he was drafted by any other club. Too bad Melbourne were not cellar dwellers that year and he ended up with them. We made him face of club & he goes to the trailer trash scum. Hope his ankle is stuffed and ends up playing as many games as Mick McGuane did for them. They only want him out of Malthouse's revenge.
Apparently there is rumour now that Didak will also be at Carlton next year.
Wouldn't be surprised if they even go after Shaw !!!

Wouldn't be surprised if they even go after Shaw !!!
Its already been mentioned!

Collingwood premiership defender Heath Shaw remains in demand with Hawthorn, Geelong and Carlton among several clubs expressing interest.

Geelong is considered a long shot to acquire the star Magpie.

Collingwood is confident of getting a deal done for Shaw, but is considered unlikely to match Carlton's offer to Thomas.

AFL.com.au understands Ben Sinclair has come to terms with Collingwood on a new two-year deal, with a contract to be finalised once Thomas' future is decided.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-10-03/trade-winds-friday

Am I missing something here? I was under the impression that Dawes wanted out after we got Lynch, but the general consensus here seems to be we got rid of him. Anyone got accurate knowledge of what happened there?

Its already been mentioned!

Collingwood premiership defender Heath Shaw remains in demand with Hawthorn, Geelong and Carlton among several clubs expressing interest.
Hilarious. Shaw is contracted, as if we're going to choose to deal Heater to the cheats?

Hilarious. Shaw is contracted, as if we're going to choose to deal Heater to the cheats?
I'd rather play him in the seconds than trade him to MM. Surely things haven't got that bad that he'd choose to go there

A lot of scum on twitter think they're getting Dids too. I think even their supporters have now bought into this "let's raid Collingwood" mentality.

A lot of scum on twitter think they're getting Dids too. I think even their supporters have now bought into this "let's raid Collingwood" mentality.
If daisy is a bad deal for them, dids is even worse.

It does appear mick is getting senile.

They need kpp's massively.

However, we shouldn't give a f*ck about them as they are looking more stupid by the day.

Well with Dids more than likely to go to Carlton we will refuse to deal Shaw to Carlton. They did that with Fev to us in 09 and I am sure we can do it to them. I would be shocked if Shaw went to Carton but I think he will end up nominating them with two of his mates there, just don't think a deal will happen.

How many Carlton posters got away with crap posts in this thread? It only shits me because over on their board just a simple comment from a non blues fan gets you carded. I wish our mods were harsher (on blues fans only :D ).

Well hope they like the fact their club is now like a poorer cousin. they get all our hand-me-downs. Waiting for the next Salvos ad to come on TV, Im sure it will have all the blue boys on it ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They might end up getting Didak too apparently but the joke is on them.
Didak is old that's exactly what their list needs. ...more old people.
They might finish higher than us next year but I can assure you our list is better placed for the next 5 years than theirs.
Who do they have on the rise?Bootsma? Cachia?Temay? Please. ...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

I am just tired and done....oh welll.

However, we shouldn't give a f*ck about them as they are looking more stupid by the day.
Rumor has it MM is trying to get Ed over too!
Sticks is all out of shape about it and is looking at a trade to Freo. (Wants to win another flag in his lifetime).
In any event Mick's biggest concern is the side lacks someone who can run a decent sausage sizzle and he's tired of turning 30 odd thousand sausages for 20 minutes every time the lame bastards lose a match.

Personally I think this would be awful. Seeing a player a year before he leaves your club sitting in a press conference in his new club jumper 12 months before he leaves is the debacle they have in rugby league. Just creates an awful look, and for the next 12 months supporters want him dropped to the seconds cause he's not going to be with us next year.

Ignorance is bliss in my view and better for all parties concerned.

Yeah, the NRL negotiate and announce trade deals during the season (to take effect post season) and it sucks.

Am I the only one who hopes his ankle is stuffed or he stuffs it again?

I'm sure the club knew when they didn't send him for surgery mid season. Also part of the culture problem could go back to Thomas going surfing instead of the surgery option. If that was his choice(players get six weeks off) then I can understand bucks fury with him.

My 10 year old boy who has always had his number said I don't care Dad I want Jamie Elliot on my back anyway

We've finished 4th and 8th without Thomas. Pick 11 is awesome relative to our list age.

No big loss #13. Like bucks said we ll put the past behind us. You haven't been around for two years anyway.

Wait we've paid for surgery, rehab, paid your contract and this is how you repay us turncoat

Will I boo the golden child? Bloody oath. He goes to the scum after this-he's dead to me.

Guys, I'm really struggling to understand the anger re Daisy leaving.

He helped us win a flag, a rare experience in a now 18 team competition.

He's got a stuffed ankle.

He's taken his ankle to Carlton and loaded up 625K of their salary cap.

He's given us zilch, nada for two years whist on 500+ whatever.

We'll now get a great young kid and have salary cap room for another gun.

Footy's a business nowadays ( sadly ) but that's the truth.

I'm grateful for what he did, would wish him well at most other clubs, but TBH pretty relieved to see the back of him.

We'll have an exciting team on the park next year with less of the look at me type players and more of the hard professional types.

I think he's done us a massive favour by leaving and I even wonder if deep down he knows that.

I agree with everything you said bar the last part, he's been selfish its not for us it's for him, but good luck to him, who could blame him.

Maybe we have taken over the scum.

Pick 11 for a crock plus salary cap relief

I doubt we could have traded him for a first round pick if it wasn't got free agency

We should come out way ahead here

three we build sides, we do not seek to take other people's 'stars'. How's Judd worked out? How many flags has he played in with the Tankers?
This! Since the bastards can't cheat anymore they now just try to raid and emulate our club, we should be flattered really

I think with Mick it's more about "Better the Devil you know". Dids, Daisy and Heater all know his gameplan meaning he can use them to help teach the rest of his team. Rowdy is already there and even Buttifant can help out on the bench. I don't think it's the worst ploy. Heater will be their best running defender, Daisy will be their best midfielder and Dids may play 15 odd games playing forward rotating through as an extra midfielder. It helps accelerate the learning of his game plan to the rest of their team mates. Daisy being a two way runner will be able to teach the Carlton front runners.

They have to spend their money on someone. 2014 will be Judd's last year, Betts is gone, Scotland may even go this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back