News Dale Thomas: Going, going, **OFFICIALLY** gone! (Please, don't feed trolls)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I have respected Dale in the past, his comments and stuffing the club around make me glad to see the back of him. He can go have fun with his boyfriend MM having kick to kicks at the scum if he wishes, let's hope his ankle falls off in the process. In the meantime; let's make sure our compensation pick gets us an absolute gun, maybe he can wear the #13?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Always great for a laugh.

Maybe Daisy can star in the next one.

kill_it_with_fire_demotivational_poster_1235695993-s640x463-232628.jpg

The more I think about, the more I think it's pretty bloody disappointing. He's been the most popular pies player by a mile for 8 years and now he's just given a massive "**** you" to the whole club and its supporters.

It's bloody disappointing to say the least.

The more I think about, the more I think it's pretty bloody disappointing. He's been the most popular pies player by a mile for 8 years and now he's just given a massive "**** you" to the whole club and its supporters.

It's bloody disappointing to say the least.

700k a year for 4 years. No other club will give him that kind of money and security after his previous year. End of the day he has to look out for himself. He's only 26 and has plenty of life to prepare for after football.

700k a year for 4 years. No other club will give him that kind of money and security after his previous year. End of the day he has to look out for himself. He's only 26 and has plenty of life to prepare for after football.
Yeah absolutely, I don't blame him whatsoever and he would be stupid not to take it in that regard. But his spiel on nova last week was a big "**** you" in the end.

It's still pretty tough to take.

Yeah absolutely, I don't blame him whatsoever and he would be stupid not to take it in that regard. But his spiel on nova last week was a big "**** you" in the end.

It's still pretty tough to take.

Didn't catch him on Nova, so that might be why I'm not as disappointed in him as others.

We can't forget that the guy was rake like and happily threw his body around and copped hits from anyone and everyone and never complained or took a backwards step. And in all honesty, he was, in my opinion, our best player over the course of the two Grand Finals in 2010. Too many credits in the bank for me to be mad at him for going.

Maybe he can show guys like Gibbs how to play football the right way. Hopefully he doesn't though.

Irony is with the way we jumped the scum in the draft, we're going to have a chance at a draft player that should have been there pick.

The footnote to this is 10 and 11, or whatever is done with them like Adams, turns out to be a star long after Daisy is done raping the scums bank.

The only likely loser in this can be the scum IMO

I just read your post and you mentioned heath twice. All cool.

Blues/scum are looking bad if they pick dale and alan.

True, twice in the same post. I agree with you though. I'd rather have pick 11 over a player that doesn't want to be at our club. As good a player as he was and, injury dependent, could continue to be- if his heart isn't in it, pick 11 is a very good alternative. I just hope one of the two picks is good enough to hold his spot come finals time 2014.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think he went for the doe, he went because of bucks IMO, seems to me bucks has gone a tad hard on stamping his authority, lots of unhappy senior guys, but hey, bucks owed them nothing, bucks wasn't going to sit back and watch premiership heros live on days past, and rightly so.

Pre 2010 daisy went to high altitude training 2 weeks early (along with a few others), they paid for it themselves, no such dedication since though.

I don't think he went for the doe, he went because of bucks IMO, seems to me bucks has gone a tad hard on stamping his authority, lots of unhappy senior guys, but hey, bucks owed them nothing, bucks wasn't going to sit back and watch premiership heros live on days past, and rightly so.

Pre 2010 daisy went to high altitude training 2 weeks early (along with a few others), they paid for it themselves, no such dedication since though.

I think Bucks was right when implying that players were resting on their laurels. As you mentioned, Daisy paid his own way to go to the altitude training 2 weeks early in 2010, but it seemed that players weren't hungry enough off the field to do that little bit extra to succeed. Twitter, Radio and other activities seemed to be the distraction. When we won the flag in 2010, we had a lot of older, more experienced senior players who were club leaders missing out on the GF so pressure was on the younger players to keep working hard to hold their spot during the season and perform GF day. Two years later, new coach, new set of expectations, and Thomas, Shaw (as 25/26 year olds), Didak, Krakouer needed to step up into those leadership boots vacated by Lockyer, Fraser, O'bree, Brown, Leon (29-30year olds) etc couldn't meet the standards of what was required. It would have been great to see Shawry be a positive mentor for Marley and Daisy one for Joshy Thomas. But if your senior players can't lead and pave the way for your younger players, then hard decisions need to be made.

Yeah i have no problem with what Bucks is doing, he is doing everything to make the club as well position for a flag. If players aren't onboard then, let them go.

I think Bucks was right when implying that players were resting on their laurels. As you mentioned, Daisy paid his own way to go to the altitude training 2 weeks early in 2010, but it seemed that players weren't hungry enough off the field to do that little bit extra to succeed. Twitter, Radio and other activities seemed to be the distraction. When we won the flag in 2010, we had a lot of older, more experienced senior players who were club leaders missing out on the GF so pressure was on the younger players to keep working hard to hold their spot during the season and perform GF day. Two years later, new coach, new set of expectations, and Thomas, Shaw (as 25/26 year olds), Didak, Krakouer needed to step up into those leadership boots vacated by Lockyer, Fraser, O'bree, Brown, Leon (29-30year olds) etc couldn't meet the standards of what was required. It would have been great to see Shawry be a positive mentor for Marley and Daisy one for Joshy Thomas. But if your senior players can't lead and pave the way for your younger players, then hard decisions need to be made.
Pendles is Josh Thomas' mentor

Is pick 11 adequate compensation for Daisy or can we do better? It does not sit well with me that Carlton can take one of our senior players. I would lke to see Collingwood match the offer and force a trade. Put the ball back in their court and try and hurt them. Yarran off the HBF sounds alright.

Is pick 11 adequate compensation for Daisy or can we do better? It does not sit well with me that Carlton can take one of our senior players. I would lke to see Collingwood match the offer and force a trade. Put the ball back in their court and try and hurt them. Yarran off the HBF sounds alright.
I agree, Carlton seem pretty keen on him, I think they'd do a lot to get him, although we could do better than Yarran. It depends whether Hine thinks the talent from our compensation pick is enough, he seems keen on next years draft which could indicate that we might try and trade rather than have all the picks. Who else would we want from Carlton? Can't think of many.

I guess the down side is that we can't come to an agreement with Carlton (Not a shock) . Our options are limited then. If Thomas really wants to go, he goes without getting anything at all for him. Or we sign a player, matching Carltons contract, who doesn't want to be with us. I doubt that we would take the risk. Its not like MM will be doing us any favours at the trade table.

Seriously what do Carlton have though? Sounds like they rate the top end of the draft and a 1st rounder would be a good get for compensation.
You wouldn't match the offer IMO unless you were prepared to keep him and I doubt they'd want to pay him $700k odd a year over a long term deal.

Depends on how Hine rates the player we could get at pick 11. Christian Salem is a better version of Yarran (Elite kick and tackle machine) and will be available at pick 11. http://www.scpaige.com.au/draftees-in-focus-christian-salem/

Daisy for Henderson pls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back