News Dale Thomas: Going, going, **OFFICIALLY** gone! (Please, don't feed trolls)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy, Marley runs through the middle and smashes daisy with a shoulder charge hitting the ground hard wile rolling he's ankle again starting the end of Daisy's career with 52 games in carltankwood.
Ps, then Marley jumps up and runs through the carltank_anker on our board posting like a girl.

Please forgive the intrusion. I too would be pissed to lose a Daisy quality player to your lot (I know, I know... you don't think we have any)... however I have to question the above post. Firstly, do you really believe we poached Mick Malthouse from you? Seems to me he was superseded... And I'm wondering if you might consider that the one who has superseded Mick is perhaps creating an environment in which gun players like Daisy start look elsewhere for their opportunities? Pretty sure Daisy would still be at the Pies if Mick had not been moved on.

Perhaps more fingers should be pointed at your administration (Read: Eddie) for creating this environment?

Once again, apologies for the intrusion, and I'll see myself out.

Really, from my whole post you decided ot focus on the small bracketed part?

Duuuuuuuude. Poor form. Ignore that, I'm aware you didn't technically "poach" him, but let's be honest, the rumours of you guys getting Malthouse had started while he was actually still at Collingwood. It was well known you wanted Roos, so clearly settled on Mick to keep up with the whole "stick it up Collingwood" thing Carlton have been doing since the 70's or more.

But yeah, way to focus on the completely wrong part of my post.

Pretty sure the compensation pick is calculated on a formula including original draft position, performance in b&f, honours such as All Australian etc as well as contract size. Seeing how he was pick 2 and was AA in 2011 I would be confident he will be a top tier compensation

I just heard on the radio that Daisy officially accepted an offer from Caltonwood for 2.5 mil over 4 years. That true? if so...
BUAHAHAHAHH CARLTON.
Our trash is their treasure, as was with Scotland.
Scotland played his best footy at Carlton :(

Negative: We lose an exceptionally talented player and a member of our 2010 premiership team
Positives: We save a lot of cap space, which will be used to sign up a few players in the coming weeks, we gain an extra draft pick and we get a spot on our list who will do more for our club than Daisy did for the last two years.

I think we win

This free agency thing brings up issues of it's own doesn't it. It certainly benefits the stronger clubs than it does the rebuilding ones.
Hawks get pick 20 something for Franklin while in the same circumstance Melbourne would get pick to for scully.

Collingwood, a strong club, lost Thomas after last year picking up Lynch and Young.

The fact don't bear your theory out.

Free agency will be good for well run clubs and bad for poorly run clubs.

Cheating is not playing within the rules. The AFL stopped us from cheating 11 years ago
Stop killing Jim Morrison for me.
Your last flag was '87 champ so don't come here and gloat or look for a shit fight. Head to the Bay. There you'll find plenty of people to argue about the the dubious nature of your club with.
If you're happy with Thomas, fine. Go have a wank or whatever. But remember that we chose not to match the offer.
Now, kindly F off.

Pretty sure the compensation pick is calculated on a formula including original draft position, performance in b&f, honours such as All Australian etc as well as contract size. Seeing how he was pick 2 and was AA in 2011 I would be confident he will be a top tier compensation

I don't trust the AFL though. Having said that I reckon Buddy going to SidKnee will help us.

I reckon if Hawks had've lost him to GWS nothing would be said, we all had been conditioned to that.
The compensation of Buddy for pick 20 vs Dale pick 11 would've been all the talk. The AFL in their opaqueness, as I'm pretty sure even with the criteria it's still has the cover all clause of "AFL discretion", may have bowed to public pressure.

Now however, we should & I think we will get pick 11.

No thats the compensation formula used when uncontracted players were lured to GC or GWS. The free agency compo depends of the age of the player and the size and length of their new contract.

Guys, I'm really struggling to understand the anger re Daisy leaving.

He helped us win a flag, a rare experience in a now 18 team competition.

He's got a stuffed ankle.

He's taken his ankle to Carlton and loaded up 625K of their salary cap.

He's given us zilch, nada for two years whist on 500+ whatever.

We'll now get a great young kid and have salary cap room for another gun.

Footy's a business nowadays ( sadly ) but that's the truth.

I'm grateful for what he did, would wish him well at most other clubs, but TBH pretty relieved to see the back of him.

We'll have an exciting team on the park next year with less of the look at me type players and more of the hard professional types.

I think he's done us a massive favour by leaving and I even wonder if deep down he knows that.

Largely agreed, and find it hard to understand the volume of wailing and gnashing of teeth in this thread. Of course the dollars are overs - that is, and always will be, the reality of free agency when decent players are involved. (And some of you reckon he's only played a couple of decent seasons anyway: if so, not much of a loss, I would have thought...?)

And really, so what if it's Carlton? Would any of you really prefer that he went to Hawthorn instead, where the chances of him biting you on the big stage would be rather greater? Or is it just the old tribalism still?

Focus on the positives - presumably the compo pick will be #11 or thereabouts, which will be a good'un. Nice bit of salary cap space as well. Maybe the combination helps you land Taylor Adams, maybe you go another way, either way could be a net positive. (From the Carlton side, we're basically looking at about $100k/season to upgrade Betts to Thomas, and even though I wish Eddie nothing but the best, it's not hard to make that arrangement feel like a win.)

Anyway... just my $0.02, no offence intended.
Offence taken. Poor form buddy. Avoid your 'polite' intrusions in the future mate.
Telling us what to think and how to feel. My god you are delusional.
Do you have any idea the reputation your Board has? Do you know how the mods there behave?
And yes, it does matter that he's gone to Carlton. If he was at Hawthorn, I would wish him well but, as I have previously stated, as he is with your lying, cheating lot, I hope his ankle snaps off & he never makes it onto the park. Actually, I hope he makes it out to kick to kick and then his ankle snaps off and hits Malthouse in the chest causing him to have a heart attack. That's how I feel. Deal with it & don't effing come here offering condescending advice. Some here like malthouse and that's fine. Lots of open debate on our board, unlike yours.

We chose not to match the offer as he's too much of a risk. If you're happy, good. I'm happy for you. But piss off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm grateful for what he did, would wish him well at most other clubs, but TBH pretty relieved to see the back of him.

We'll have an exciting team on the park next year with less of the look at me type players and more of the hard professional types.

I think he's done us a massive favour by leaving and I even wonder if deep down he knows that.
Thank you

Yep I call footy today in Corporate Footy

I think people are pissed about the way he went about it & acted in the media.
I also think that some are thinking he owes us because of what we paid for him over his last two years vs. his output.

I disagree with both of the above chain of thoughts. He owes us nothing & any employer has a duty of care AFAIAC.

I'd only be pissed if he was destabilising the club with his alleged Buckley rift but, meh, rumours & all. He's gone, let's all move on.

I cannot wish him the best though Swoop. He's with Carlton. Any other club & I'd be fine. I honestly hope he plays zero games for them. Then he may be remembered as a true collingwood champ.

Oh well, good luck to him. I have no hard feelings. he did what was best for himself financially. At the end of the day, he gave us 150+ games and a premiership to boot.

Will be interesting to see how he goes without the support cast of our star studded mids in Pendles, Swanny, Beams, Ball, Sidebottom.

Here's the crux for me. If he's ankle is screwed I agree with everything you say. Having said that the comment on radio about kids getting their jumper out of the bin is pretty ordinary.

IF his ankle is good & we know it, he knows it & they know it, then he's a dog & should be booed for eternity. We have paid him handsomely even during his last two years of doing bugger all.

This is IMHO the only time loyalty in the game, possibly the last bastion, is where you do owe the club.
(I don't want to have an argument about loyalty so don't respond if that's your comment)

I don't boo Pies, it's not something I say lightly, the last player I booed was Nick Davis.

Oh well, good luck to him. I have no hard feelings. he did what was best for himself financially. At the end of the day, he gave us 150+ games and a premiership to boot.

Will be interesting to see how he goes without the support cast of our star studded mids in Pendles, Swanny, Beams, Ball, Sidebottom.
Haven't we heard for years how star-studded their mids are? Is Nick Stevens still leading that awesome foursome?

Thought about a name change yet?

You're totally right though

Haven't we heard for years how star-studded their mids are? Is Nick Stevens still leading that awesome foursome?

He instantly becomes their best mid really IMO or on a par with Murphy. Judd is past it. Gibbs is flaky and the rest are just goers like McLean, Curnow, Cachia etc.

We will see what he is really made of and to what level he can contribute over there.

At least he will be familiar with the game plan so there won't be any teething problems for him.

Look at the Carlton flogs all happy that they have paid massive overs for a injury prone sometimes on baller.

If he is so good why won't we match the offer, we have the right to so we won't we Carlton flogs?

One, his ankle is ****ed, two he is a massive problem at the club and three we build sides, we do not seek to take other people's 'stars'. How's Judd worked out? How many flags has he played in with the Tankers?

Oh yeah and with Dids rumoured to be joining also enjoy the special things they will bring to your club. They are 'volcanic' personalities.

My only anger around this whole situation is that Thomas had to lie to us fans for months, maybe even 12-18 months because of the current system. Other players to be forced to lie recently included Gary Ablett Jnr and of course Buddy.

We need to change the system so that you can trade or agree to sign free agents at least before their final season begins at a club. If Daisy, Buddy and GAJ had the chance to inform their clubs fans of their choices 6-12 months in advance it would end the need to lie repeatedly.

Thomas was always going to Carlton, that much is clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back