List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

So Collingwood are basically giving up 2 average players that can’t make their best side, a pick which will be very late in the first round and a late third round pick Houston, the best half back in the game.

They are doing extremely well out of this.

13/F1 cancel each other out.

So the deal is essentially a contracted Houston for Luko, Richards, 29, 50 and the farkin Rat lol.

Go home Port you’re drunk.

Port see 13 as far more valuable than next year's 1st round pick.

I'll wait to see what the final product looks like, but on the surface it looks underwhelming.

The proposed trade seems to:

1. Fail to get fair value for Houston.

2. Take on Luko’s full salary while paying also paying with a high draft pick.

3. Accept GC’s Ratkins salary dump without an apparent reason.

If it is as suggested, it would be an unmitigated disaster.

Three sausages don’t make a steak - we should have learned that last year but appear to be slow to catch on.

Last edited:
Reminder again that we traded a first rounder in this draft for two duds last year. So we haven't actually gained a first rounder in this draft. What we've actually done is:

OUT: Dan Houston, future 1st rounder
IN: Jack Lukosius, Esava Ratugolea, Ivan Soldo, Joe Richards, Rory Atkins, and a pick in the 30's.

That would already be utterly terrible list management even if we weren't giving up the future 1st rounder. With the future first rounder included it's burn down the club territory.

I'll wait to see what the final product looks like, but on the surface it looks underwhelming.
Then they shouldn't have ****ing traded it last year. This is no excuse.

Take out all of the players and picks that don't mean anything and essentially it's Houston and our future 1st for Lukosius and pick 13. It's a bad deal.

And we have to finish Top 4 for the pick swap to even out, otherwise we lose ground there as well.

It’s essentially Houston for Luko but with some added downside risk on a first rounder for sh1ts and giggles.

lol what a shit trade for us.

Luko for our future 1st I would expect pick 29 to be coming back at the very ****ing least.

So it’s essentially Dan Houston for pick 13 when you forget out the fluff

To a premiership contender of all teams.

Absolutely soft.

Just hold him to his deal. At this stage teams are taking us to the wall because they know we will fold.

Worse than underwhelming, disastrous. Just keep Houston.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RORY ATKINS!! ARE THEY SUCKING HELIUM!!

And we have to finish Top 4 for the pick swap to even out, otherwise we lose ground there as well.

It’s essentially Houston for Luko but with some added downside risk on a first rounder for sh1ts and giggles.

Port minus Houston is a middling team at best. Anywhere from 4th to 15th imo, but most likely 6th-12th, and the only reason we finish that high will be because there’s a lot of crap teams.

Then they shouldn't have ****ing traded it last year. This is no excuse.

I understand why they traded it last year - because they legitimately believed Ratugolea would be the answer to their fullback issue (freeing up Aliir in the process) whilst also delivering them a #1 ruck. It obviously hasn't turned out that way, but I don't necessarily think those deals last year were horrendous given the circumstances at the time.

Clubs say lots of things in trade period which subsequently proves to be self-serving garbage.

This proposed trade looks like an unmitigated stinker.

The central problem with it is selling the key piece (Houston) for serious unders - the best benchmark we have is the price the Tigers are getting for Bolton and Rioli and by that comparison, Port is failing badly

I understand why they traded it last year - because they legitimately believed Ratugolea would be the answer to their fullback issue (freeing up Aliir in the process) whilst also delivering them a #1 ruck. It obviously hasn't turned out that way, but I don't necessarily think those deals last year were horrendous given the circumstances at the time.

Yes they were.

7c0567a9a6425409023ca7ae7fda16ea

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

Back