News Ivan Soldo's trade to St Kilda falls through

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t think he is a bad apple and can totally understand him not being happy here after things didn’t work out with his partner leaving and not wanting to live here. I feel for him a bit, but there is no way we should be giving him away to a vic club for nothing just because he wants to go.

This is like that time your mate told you he's split with his girl and so everyone started bad mouthing her only for him to turn around and get back with her.

That first group gathering is awkies as funk.

Im happy we are keeping him

Yeah for all the “sweet is our 1st ruck now” talk people have short memories about how excited they were after lycetts 1st year

Plus if I can choose between a 1st 22 capable ruck when fit or a pick 50+ in this draft which in all likelihood is just points fodder for Barrett which we don’t need I prefer the bird in hand.

Not too mention while I wouldn’t call him an outstanding forward, I don’t see how he’s that far off from esava (reckon he gets to less contests , but impacts more when he does)

At least puts pressure on esava / lord , especially if we lose one and the other just thinks they can do nothing and hold that 1st 22 spot.

In a side that’s lost Dixon keeping soldo is kinda handy imo.

Happy to keep Big Ivan. At the start of last season he was the best of the 3 rucks, but there's always going to be injury worries with him.

His partner is hard work for the mods though ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saints only wanted to give up a future 4th at the most.

I won't.be surprised though if another team pops up late for him, just like Port popped up late for him 12 months ago.

Saints only wanted to give up a future 4th at the most.

I won't.be surprised though if another team pops up late for him, just like Port popped up late for him 12 months ago.
I would have hated a future 4th. Would much rather have kept him on the list for that.

I would have hated a future 4th. Would much rather have kept him on the list for that.

Well Port weren't going to accept a future 4th, so blaming the medical is a good way for the Saints to back out whilst saving face.

Yeah for all the “sweet is our 1st ruck now” talk people have short memories about how excited they were after lycetts 1st year

Plus if I can choose between a 1st 22 capable ruck when fit or a pick 50+ in this draft which in all likelihood is just points fodder for Barrett which we don’t need I prefer the bird in hand.

Not too mention while I wouldn’t call him an outstanding forward, I don’t see how he’s that far off from esava (reckon he gets to less contests , but impacts more when he does)

At least puts pressure on esava / lord , especially if we lose one and the other just thinks they can do nothing and hold that 1st 22 spot.

In a side that’s lost Dixon keeping soldo is kinda handy imo.
Make him uncomfortable with the silent treatment for a few days once pre-season starts to let him know he ****ed up then shake hands, welcome him back into the fold and get on with it.

Port is a club that seems to go from ruck riches to bare bones very quickly, so having three ruckmen capable of leading the line at AFL level can only be a good thing for the club.

Remember that he's not on a back up ruck contract, he's on a first ruck contract. Doubt there will be too many queing up.

He's only on 500ish. Wouldn't be much more than the average salary which I think is about 400k.

He's only on 500ish. Wouldn't be much more than the average salary which I think is about 400k.

That's still a lot to pay a backup ruck. Can't see anyone going after him as their #1 so he was relying on a team like St Kilda that might've thought they could play two.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Ivan Soldo's trade to St Kilda falls through

Remove this Banner Ad

Back