List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

They hate next year's draft. 7 of the top 18 players apparently are academy or F/S selections, and it's no where near as strong in terms of depth.

They're still not sure whether they're going to accept the deal - but it's trending that way.

Port have been fücked over by Paul Connors and the political feud between Gold Coast and Richmond.

So Houston stays? It isn’t that hard.

Did you watch the McDonalds movie and the good gesture handshake that surprise… never happened. Too much power in players and managers hands.

They seem desperate to get into the draft hence wanting Houston shipped out, seems logical with what’s happening.

Mind you no deal done yet so who knows.

This is a cop out. I don't buy it for one second.

Why are we the only club that appears to be playing the nice guy approach.

Our entire club from top to bottom is the nice guy club. We lack any ruthlessness. From the 'stability' and limp wristed approach to Ken, to the mediocre cruise control team we watch weekly, to the trade table where every year we throw away draft currency to play nice guys every year.

It's friggin ridiculous.

We've completely abandoned the creed of our club.

It's fine if you slightly lose the odd trade to get deals done but you make your team better.

This time we're massively losing a trade to make ourselves significantly worse while making a direct rival significantly better.

We're the only one trading a consistently starting player in this deal and he's the best halfback in the league and a top 3 player for us.

Watching Chewy316 cop heat because they're revealing too much (again) is nearly as funny as the initial Atkins reaction.
It's nothing against Chewy. It's that the info he's revealing is damning about the club. The responsive anger is directed at the club.

The smug geniuses who run Port will have to once again condescend to explain to the white noise why this is such a great deal.

Must be a great burden for such incredibly smart operators like Koch, Richardson, Davies and Hinkley to explain the realities of the modern football industry to such an unsophisticated supporter base.

It's fine if you slightly lose the odd trade to get deals done but you make your team better.

This time we're massively losing a trade to make ourselves significantly worse while making a direct rival significantly better.

We're the only one trading a consistently starting player in this deal and he's the best halfback in the league and a top 3 player for us.
We’re literally bringing in three fringe to below fringe standard players, after recruiting three more of them last year and playing an entire finals series with a trio of Geelong rejects.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chewy316 if you really do have an in, you should get them to read this thread and see how ****ing furious our fans are and how confused every other teams fans are as to why the club would ever in a million years do this deal. Maybe it's not too late for them to see some sense. Have they not pissed off the fans enough?
Then they can pick up Vol.1 to 12 of Sack Hinkley lol

Chewy needs to tell his source to pull his ****ing finger out, what a joke of a club
I obviously have no idea but Chewy’s messaging aligns with what I would expect to hear from Richardson

As it stands really is Houston is worth more than any pick because he is a contracted 2xAA proven commodity, where as draft picks are pure potential and speculation.

Richards has proven nothing and should not be part of the deal, he can go to the draft and take his chances.

Luko I like but again hasn't set the world on fire, a F1 is overs.

Atkins would be the first ever crom we have taken from memory, with a name like Rory he belongs with the neighbours. I don't recall him being any good there either.

I don't see any positives here but I do see a desperate Port because year after year they trade away picks to get average players (JHF excluded) so Hinkley can reach his pass mark each year.

Mods - can we please change thread title to "Dan Houston requests trade to two specific postcodes in Victoria - will stay if hell freezes over"

There’s days left peeps relax, there’s nothing official from the club and I never believe journos anyway. This sounds like an AFL orchestrated thing to spark interest.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The AGM can’t come quick enough apart from Tredders; they all deserve a pitchfork to the head, and you can rely on my message to the people that you talk to, Chewy. Thank you, mate.
Mate, 2 days after the trade is done all the usuals will be out talking about our acquisitions and how well we'll go this year. Happens every year, rage fades quickly amongst the RCG crew they just focus on the positive and will post threads on our exciting new best 22.

Last edited:
It's nothing against Chewy. It's that the info he's revealing is damning about the club. The responsive anger is directed at the club.
Not Chewy’s fault although I sense (understandably) he is a big fan and somewhat defensive of his contact who may be quite close to list management.

Unfortunately Chewy gave us reason to hope that the club had the balls to sack Ken and they didn’t, and reason to hope that the club had the balls to not deal with Collingwood and the “arrogant” Leppitsch. Bottom line is that hope is almost extinguished on both fronts now, and we are back to being a pathetic organisation. Even Chewy’s sources are looking pathetic and spineless.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

Back