List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade radio saying that the deal was done but it was then over ruled by our board.
I think they are using the term “board” loosely. Snowden and Tredrea are board members who sit on the football department committee. This group would have to sign off on all player movements, contracts etc.

The proposed deal was likely shot down at this level and, with two active board members on the committee, it’s being exaggerated to “the board said no”.

Starting to think that the Atkins part of the trade was actually our list managers wanting steak knives for our f1 instead of a salary dump. It feels like they actually wanted him and see his acquisition as a positive.
If we want something extra because we are giving up a F1 we should be asking for Rosas

Atkins is a spud, the only way we should consider taking him is if we get Luko for a F4

I still can't understand how the fck someone thought a 30yr old would make this deal work
And a shit 30 yr old makes it worse
I still can't believe this actually might have been offered as Steak Knives. The whole time, I thought this was a Salary Dump and we were doing Gold Ciast a favour but when I saw that we were still offering the future first, I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Just wow...

People saying that Carlton are going to the draft, I still have a feeling Houston may end up there, pushing Collingwood might end up being a way to get Dan to the Blues.
Not sure if still can work but I've always thought Carlton would be where he ended up.
Not going to happen. The time is right to say to Houston if you want to go this year North is the only chance, Come back and play another season and we will try and get a deal done next year.

I think the Collingwood part of the deal was alright , it was the Gold Coast part was the problem , either take some of Lukos wage or make a better offer than Ratkins as the sweetener

Disagree completely. Collingwood were getting one of the league's elite players for a pick in the teens and chaff.

Collingwood were giving a pick in the teens, a fringe player, a VFL player and a 3rd rounder.

They were getting a guy who has been AA the last 2 years with 3 years on his deal.

Imagine if we were able to trade away pick a pick in the teens, Burton, McEntee and a 3rd rounder and get, say, Errol Gulden. That's the sort of trade we're talking about here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

north trade f1 to GC for 13

North trade pick 2 to Richmond for 10 and 14

Dan Houston to North for 13 and 14

Easy deal

North end up with pick 10 and Houston - losing a future pick and a downgraded first pick this year

Port end up with 13 and 14- just losing Houston

Don't mind that

Could we then package these two up and get into the top 5 ?

Relationship isn’t looking good.

Maybe they should change their name to Calvinwood

673c56755ecc51ba6585ff598314dad7.jpg

I get a lot of enjoyment out of this board, and a mental release by venting frustrations about the club, but I find the idea that we're influencing list management decisions fanciful to say the least. Just my uninformed opinion.

Bigfooty, and especially this board in relation to Port, is where a lot of ideas that spread widely kick off. Most of the hot takes on twitter that get shared around are fostered by opinions shared on this board and the media types like Kornes and Ralph actively scope bigfooty boards out for info and to gauge opinion. Kornes regularly actively trolls against the specific prevailing opinions on this board for engagement, and he's very successful doing so.

Individually posters on this board don't have influence, but us going absolutely nuts in here yesterday spilled out onto other social media and potentially influenced the board's decision to block the trade. The tweets getting shared around about how bad the trade was were full of bigfooty Port board members.

The AFL industry and the media surrounding it isn't that big and literally all of them are reading bigfooty. Our influence isn't massive but we absolutely have the ability to drive public opinion and perceived public opinion.

Three-team trade between Carlton, West Coast and Richmond.
  • Carlton gets picks 3, 63, 68
  • Richmond gets pick 14
  • West Coast gets Liam Baker, Matthew Owies, picks 12, 73
Just when you think our potential deal couldn’t be topped for one of the worst trades ever, this one comes in the next day

Tbh make 29>23 and change our F1 to our F2, then deal gets closer (maybe Collingwood give Gold Coast a F2)

Collingwood supporters - Noble is worth a pick in the 20s, Richards is worth a pick in the 30s. We're giving up an F1 and 36 - We've come to the table!!!11!1!!1!!

Three-team trade between Carlton, West Coast and Richmond.
  • Carlton gets picks 3, 63, 68
  • Richmond gets pick 14
  • West Coast gets Liam Baker, Matthew Owies, picks 12, 73
West Coast must not value pick 3 that highly or value whoever they’ll take at 12, or at least a combination of Baker and the player they take at 12.

On face value, that’s not the best deal. Especially given they could have waked baker to the draft and got Owies as a DFA.

Bigfooty, and especially this board in relation to Port, is where a lot of ideas that spread widely kick off. Most of the hot takes on twitter that get shared around are fostered by opinions shared on this board and the media types like Kornes and Ralph actively scope bigfooty boards out for info and to gauge opinion. Kornes regularly actively trolls against the specific prevailing opinions on this board for engagement, and he's very successful doing so.

Individually posters on this board don't have influence, but us going absolutely nuts in here yesterday spilled out onto other social media and potentially influenced the board's decision to block the trade. The tweets getting shared around about how bad the trade was were full of bigfooty Port board members.

The AFL industry and the media surrounding it isn't that big and literally all of them are reading bigfooty. Our influence isn't massive but we absolutely have the ability to drive public opinion and perceived public opinion.

It's not exaggerating at all to say that this board put Warren Tredrea on the actual board. We literally put someone on the board and by extension on the football committee who has created a greater level of accountability at the club. The extent to which that is and what decisions it impacts is of course hard to measure but it's absolutely greater than zero impact.

IMHO Dan’s a better footballer than Rozee & only sits behind JHF & Butters when it comes to pure talent & class. Thank heavens the board shot the deal down, get him to the Roos & be done with it.
I’m not sure I’m that thrilled with what the Roos were offering. They could drastically improve next year with Parker and Houston coming in so that Future first may not be that early.

I’d much rather we try leverage pick 2 from them or keep Houston.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

Back