List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

What are the current offers?

North: Future 1st

Collingwood: #13 (GC) + Richards

Carlton: #12
North are looking to split pick 2 to add with their F1. Richmond are interested but are waiting on the Baker/Bolton/Rioli deals to get closer to final. Freo potentially interested depending on how the Baker/Bolton deals play out, too.

Port were hoping to get involved with Brisbane for those pick swaps but have now missed the boat, I reckon they will accept a slight unders on the Houston trade if they know they can get overs for picks swaps later.

We aint budging

It won't be easy because you have no ****ing collateral you gibbering idiot.

You don't even have 3 Hyundai Excels.

Likely is speculation. The ladder is close, there was 3 wins separating the premier Brisbane in 5th and Melbourne who finished 14th. We were 7-1 in close games and are losing an All Australian player. Maybe our pick next year is 12-15 but there's downside risk and selling on that is speculation.
Hinkleybhas a history of two finals campaigns back to back then out of the 8
13-14, 17, 20-21, 23-24. So our af1 in 2025 could be a pick below 10 next year looking at Hinkleys averages

Houston for P2 good, give a F2 back to North. Houston And F2 for P2.

Then trade Luko and F2 for f1.

Trade Richards for a 3rd round pick

Then split Pick two with Saints for pick 7 or 8, F1

Everyone wins except Collingwood and Carlton. Two years Houston playing finals with North.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here is a direct quote I was given last night by someone involved in the negotiation process with Collingwood. I didn't want to post it, but given Leppitsch's smug interview on Trade Radio I feel it is appropriate:

"Leppitsch is an arrogant fück, and I hate arrogant fücks."

Safe to say Leppitsch won't be getting a Christmas card from anyone at Alberton.

Or did our midfield just finally click so we weren't getting one outs everywhere?

I was told the forward line had "finally clicked" when Ratugolea went up forward despite him being absolute dogshit up there.

I think most of the change was in the midfield stepping up and taking control of a few games, and let's face it, those games were ultimately just 6 quarters against Carlton and Sydney and then a bunch of sides who didn't make the 8.

Was definitely the midfield rotations and finally defending as well. They got firmly told especially after the Lions game.

So all those games prior that Port dominated was also where the midfield primarily were offensive and not defensive.

Point with that is, it had all 3 in Esava, Aliir & BZT in the back line defending and they actually held up. People need to realise that 2 of them only just moved to Port. From what I first saw it seemed like they could gel together with time. Over this next pre season and after this season of playing together, if Sav and BZT can become the key defenders without compromising each other and allowing Aliir to be the floating intercept defender then they'll be a solid defence. Quite possibly can happen. Get the backs to work more with both of them in getting handball receives running pass and working on presenting for them for kicks that arent across the goals and it will click.

Sav will go back to defending to season as the KPD. He definitely can do it and Zerk can too.

Now it's on them and back coach to establish multiple plans and strats as well as teaching them that if the opposition tries to take them away from positions, e.g. like Aliir and not allowing him to do his job and train them on what to do.

Here is a direct quote I was given last night by someone involved in the negotiation process with Collingwood. I didn't want to post it, but given Leppitsch's smug interview on Trade Radio I feel it is appropriate:

"Leppitsch is an arrogant fück, and I hate arrogant fücks."

Safe to say Leppitsch won't be getting a Christmas card from anyone at Alberton.
Didn't know you were mates with Josh Carr

Might as well switch off until Wednesday when Houston will be traded for a kick in the nuts. Koch will then front up on 5AA the following morning and declare “What other deal was out there”?

kick in nuts GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

Back