List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't understand why GC are so keen on this future first rounder.

They have an academy player next year who likes like a top 5 pick. I would think they would prefer points over position, and would be more interested in a few second rounders over a first roundrr
They have Beau Addinsall as well, plus there's going to be changes to the bidding system. I think they'll be very much interested in holding as many teens and 20s picks as possible to have flexibility when the new rules are learnt.

The ruthless Port Adelaide FC that I grew up supporting, a club with a single minded commitment to winning Premierships, would not trade an elite player to one of it's direct, immediate competitors.

That ruthless club would be telling Dan that it is North, or it is nothing.

I miss that club.
Mate it’s gone forever, get used to this new age football BS.

North worked with us, because we did what we could to get them the best deal for Jason Horne-Francis. Part of that included Port being able to convince West Coast and GWS to give up more.

North could've torpedoed the whole deal by simply saying "We're not going to pick Cadman". Then GWS would've been far less desperate to move up from pick 3 to pick 1.

True, but at the same time North weren't exactly sad to get rid of JHF. They didn't want another year of the shitshow and media hysterics surrounding JHF, and figured if they could acquire a high pick it would offset losing him and make the most of the situation.

It was a very pragmatic discussion between all parties that never looked like it wouldn't get done.

I wonder if Leppitsch realises how profoundly amateurish he looks? Leaking to the media that they've offered Houston a 6-year contract but then also making the above comments on Trade Radio.

I bet he thought the line about Collingwood's present and future was pretty clever, but his carry on strikes me as a good way to make sure he's not present for future list management decisions.

I don't understand why GC are so keen on this future first rounder.

They have an academy player next year who likes like a top 5 pick. I would think they would prefer points over position, and would be more interested in a few second rounders over a first roundrr

You can also trade it again.

With Tasmania picking the eyes out of the draft in 2026 you need high picks.

Collingwood powerbrokers dwelling on giving Leppitsch the keys to recruiting.

2401241e-e25b-425c-a3aa-6fa83cb6c123_text.gif

Also remember no one was calling this a superdraft until trading started. Suddenly the picks in it are worth squillions, even though there is no deadset star group of players.

Next year it will be rinse and repeat. Oh this group is much better than anyone thought at this time last year!
I call it the Apple technique.
iPhone 16 is much better than iPhone 15 and so on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Leppitsch getting his draft info directly from Janus. "The Tarot Cards and Heat Maps suggest he's a good player but has a tendancy to purposly handball to team mates feet".
Only to those he has a dislike too

Collingwood asked about getting Bailey Humphrey in the John noble deal. Im confused.

Carlton clearly don’t have the salary cap space to bring in Houston.

No one’s buying their contracted spuds and they aren’t linked to bringing anyone else in.
Dunno about this. It may be for once Carlton have taken a pragmatic view of their list and decided that they’re better off investing in stockpiling young talent than chasing the instant fix in the hope it wins them a flag.

ok its time for my dumb question...

Why not let Houston live in Melbourne but still play for Port?
He is a senior player, he knows what to do.

He can attend all meetings virtually.
He can provide all the relevant training data.

He would be travelling to half the games anyway, does it really matter if he goes to a Sydney game from Mel or Adl?
He can do rehab with the other players for the 24 hours post game.

Are we at the point that this is feasible for a senior player?

He would be travelling to half the games anyway, does it really matter if he goes to a Sydney game from Mel or Adl?

Sort of like work from home. I’m not a big believer from a culture perspective

I think we should allow all Port players to live remotely so they don't have to listen to Hinkley.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

Back