List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

You Sure? We are paying Ratugolea ****ing 800k a year to bring the ball to ground.
One of the trades deals in recent history. Giving up a 1st rounder and splitting it into multiple 2nd rounders to get Soldo and Esava. Now Soldo is leaving after one year and Esava has been underwhelming to no one's surprise. What a blunder by the list management team giving up a lot for lets be honest, two B/C graders in the end.

You Sure? We are paying Ratugolea ****ing 800k a year to bring the ball to ground.
Well the ball is not going to bring itself to ground is it......

Think About It GIF by Identity

So given Petracca is staying at Melbourne, just curious why there has been no reconsideration of going to Melbourne under the original plan (despite Goodwin).

Unless the contract offers from all the other suitors have blown them out of the water?

Carlton clearly aren’t negotiating in good faith. At the end of the day they’d have an idea what gets the deal done.

They are nowhere near that and they’re just wasting everyone’s time for the theatre.

I’d love North to get it done for fair market value

If you've got the space, it makes sense to roll the dice on Luko, feels a need, not sure he is worth $1m a year over 6 of whatever has been sprouted but who knows.
It is amazing that in the lead up to the Lukosius announcement all the talk was Crows were offering more. Suddenly after the fact, many people in the media start proclaiming that the Crows believe Port were offering 7 years at a mill per year.

Wouldn't at all be a club trying to justify why they weren't picked.

I mean seriously, don't believe any of this shit, we have no idea what his contract is or worth just yet.

We have plenty of cap space, that isn't an issue. We've been told we have a war chest for years. With no Dixon, Soldo, possibly Boak, can only see that there'd be more money in that chest going into 2025. We also have a heap of draft collateral with Houston and Soldo looking to go. A deal will get done, just a matter of who too.

That $1million per year for 6 years is a report on what the Crows think that Port are going to be paying him.

About the most dumbest option for a source you could get for information on Lukosious's contract offer.
Spot on, as per my above. A sour grapes bit of info people started running with.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The fact Houston is leaving the North door ajar is honestly so good for us. If gives us a huge amount of leverage with Carlton. We all know he wants to go to the Blues, but a deal aint getting done without them putting up their 1st this year and their 1st next year. I suspect that we would send a future 2nd back to them or something like that in that deal, but the pressure is on Carlton to stump up otherwise they just wont get him. Dan will stay at PA as a contracted player we WANT to keep, or he'll go to North because he is desperate to get to Vic.

I suspect Carlton will come to the table, just might take some time.

So if we were allowed to trade our future 1st maybe we could do:

Port :Houston and our future 1st and 2nd Rd picks

North: pick 2 and there future 1st
Why involve so much.

That'd be like

pick 2 and pick 5
For
Houston, pick ~20 and pick 30

It would never happen. Houston isn't Gary Ablett junior in his peak.

Pick 2 for Houston and a future 2nd so something goes back their way I could see happening. Might not be enough for North though.

So if we were allowed to trade our future 1st maybe we could do:

Port :Houston and our future 1st and 2nd Rd picks

North: pick 2 and there future 1st
In years where you trade a future first, you can't trade any other future picks (unless bringing a future first back in).

To save us from ourselves, I think we need to get the Luko trade done first. At the moment we can't trade our future first without an exception - and the AFL's default answer to Port on anything is 'no'. So a future second will have to get it done, which is more than fair for a salary dump, but we always overpay.

If we bring in a first round pick, first round picks become tradeable again.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

Back