List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

There is absolutely zero chance we get pick 2 for Houston. We will most definitely have to give something back.
What is far more likely is North splitting that pick and passing on something later on in the top 10.
North have offered their first from next year, not this year's pick 2 where they have plans to split their pick 2.

If it’s Norths F1, they could rise next year, why not take Saints this year if they’re offering?

I don’t want to wait until next year!

If it’s Norths F1, they could rise next year, why not take Saints this year if they’re offering?

I don’t want to wait until next year!
If it's North's (or anyone's) F1 we should make them wait to 2026 for the trade. If they want him now we should ask for picks in the current draft.

What about if North split pick 2 into say pick 9 and 14. They keep pick 14 and give us pick 9, along with their future first pick next year. That would work.
For us but I doubt they do that. Not sure they would even do 14 and F1.

For us but I doubt they do that. Not sure they would even do 14 and F1.
So why would we trade him for anything less than that?

You've got a guy who will play very high level football and transform the way his new club moves the ball from HB and enters 50, for the next 6 years (minimum). Are we supposed to take our chances that pick 14 might be an equivalent player in due course?

Why should we accept that? There's no pressure on us at all here to buckle.

So why would we trade him for anything less than that?

You've got a guy who will play very high level football and transform the way his new club moves the ball from HB and enters 50, for the next 6 years (minimum). Are we supposed to take our chances that pick 14 might be an equivalent player in due course?

Why should we accept that? There's no pressure on us at all here to buckle.

I would sell high on Dan if I believe the list is not good enough

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North's future first seems perfect for a three way with GC who want to get more into next years draft and have R1 picks to burn this year.

North: F1 for Houston
GC: Luko,12 for NM F1
Port: Houston for Luko, 12

Some pick swaps or later picks to balance things out but that's a pretty good guts of a deal.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

Back