List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bidding war between Carlton and Collingwood is good business. Again club needs to hold until 15 minutes to go in trade period, and then be happy to walk away.

The fact that North hasn’t announced they are out of the race is a good sign

That’s what we said about Geelong

Geelong are an exception not the rule, they won premierships in 2007, 2009 and 2011 then not again until 2022. And the 2022 side did not have an age profile as extreme as that.

I'm fully accepting that port will do shit deal for Houston like 13+23+Richards for Houston what is 100% reflective of the meek attitude that makes me less and less involved with Port
Actually I think that's best case scenario.

We will probably accept less

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Instead of 13, I'd rather take future first from Pies I think. And give up our F1 for 13 maybe. I'd say we finish above Pies next year. Thoughts?
Houston is contracted. We have nothing to gain by taking an F1 now. If we're going to take a 2025 pick, keep him for a year and do it next year when we actually know what the pick will be.

Collingwood will never be shit for a long time. They're too wealthy and have too much support to be cellar dwellers years on end

However, say Dan has 5-7 years of top line footy left. I would suggest that success at North, over that stretch of time, is just as likely if not more so than Collingwood given their respective list profiles.

North have built a very talented young list, they need time and development, but if they all click at the same time in the window above, they'll be more than competitive.

Should be factored into his thinking.

Add in the extra money and years for Dan and it could be win-win-win if we get it right...

I just went to the D&T Board and read that peak Adam Saad is as good as Dan Houston.

Awkward The Simpsons GIF

I reckon 13, 23 and Richards will be as good as we get
In that case I would walk away from Richards regardless of what terms we offered.

I’m happy with Davies approach which is to get all our other business sorted and deal Houston right at the very end.

I simply wouldn’t consider dealing with Collingwood or Carlton and push Houston to accept North or nothing.

Please trade him to us because we are Carlton. Here are some Aldi biscuits. They're like Tim Tams. You really couldn't tell the difference.

ALN1075_ALDITestersClub_QUOTES_MOBILE_1416x720__23.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

Back