List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unsure what we want from north.

I don’t see their future first as being anywhere near enough, too much risk it ends up being pick 8 alone. Why do that for Dan ?

Don’t want pick 2 alone either, don’t rate the top end of this draft that much that I would take just one pick.

Would tell north to get us 2 1sts with at least one being top 12. Happy for either both in this draft or one in the future is fine as long as we have one in this draft.

You would think if North have presented a bigger contract offer to Dan they have come to an agreement with Port for a trade and Port has said it's now up to them to convince Dan.

That was 10 years ago when the cap was 10mil. It's 18mil now.
That doesn't justify it, Eddie Betts was still well and truly more than twice the player Owies is.

I don’t see their future first as being anywhere near enough, too much risk it ends up being pick 8 alone. Why do that for Dan ?

Don’t want pick 2 alone either, don’t rate the top end of this draft that much that I would take just one pick.

Would tell north to get us 2 1sts with at least one being top 12. Happy for either both in this draft or one in the future is fine as long as we have one in this draft.
Take their future 1st, then trade our own future first and future 2nd for Luko and 13. That's what I'd target. Kangas' future first is likely to be top 5 pick and that puts us in the equation for Dyson Sharp, especially with 2 year future trading starting next year.

But then that's pretty much every BF supporter group.
Not comparable. Hinkley's comments this year "maybe we're not good enough" and Davies denigration of the list shortly thereafter to try and justify their continued positions as the most unsuccessful coach in VFL/AFL history and General Manager of Football is nothing compared to supporters critiquing or taking out frustrations on a footy forum.

Take their future 1st, then trade our own future first and future 2nd for Luko and 13. That's what I'd target. Kangas' future first is likely to be top 5 pick and that puts us in the equation for Dyson Sharp, especially with 2 year future trading starting next year.

As I said earlier, their f1 could be as high as 8, that’s a horrible trade for us.

They’re also getting Better offers for 13

So adding that to philthy05 suggestion, the net result is:

Out: Houston, 2025 1R, 2025 2R

In: Lukosius, 2024 pick 12-ish (via NM), pick 13 (viaGC), 2025 1R (NM).

Very good result.

As I said earlier, their f1 could be as high as 8, that’s a horrible trade for us.

They’re also getting Better offers for 13
I think he meant NM give us a 2024 1R (after splitting pick 2) and 2025 1R, which seems fair for us if the 2024 1R falls between 8 and 12.

Really like the thought of us trying to get Lukosius and pick 13 from GC for our first two picks in 2025, so long as we get NM’s 1R in 2025 also.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The other option seem to be:

Carlton: Future 2nd + Owies
Collingwood: 13 + 23 + Richards

I'd take a North Future 1st alone all day over both of those offers.

I can't see a world where North's future first is outside the top 6 which is far better than 13 + 23 and a steak knife.
There is a good chance it is top 3 again too.

I can't see a world where North's future first is outside the top 6 which is far better than 13 + 23 and a steak knife.
We need to get into the first round of this draft and at the very least pay off Lukosius.

We need to get into the first round of this draft and at the very least pay off Lukosius.

Then they can split pick 2.

Are we really that desperate we'd prefer 13 & 23 that likely are pushed out to 14-17 & late 20's in this draft over the potential for a top 3 pick next year and more than likely worst case scenario pick 6/7 next year.

There becomes a point if you're that desperate to get into this draft that it's an insane mistake taking a far worse offer. We might not even get the player we're targeting at 14-17 or late 20's anyway.

At this juncture, no offer is satisfactory, so Dan is staying put as far as I'm concerned.

Would hang up the phone on Carlton's offer.

If the Wobblers said 13 + 23 + a future 2nd I'd be tempted. We could use the F2 for Luko. Then package what we get for Soldo with 13 to get a top 10 pick this year.

Get Richards separately with what we get by trading someone like Clurey or Williams out.

Leaves us with top 10, 23, 36 and late picks for matching any F/S's and Barrett (at least 2 F/S's will be rookies anyway).

Alternatively, we wrangle something better from North, who appear to be reasonable after the deal we both agreed to for JHF.

Then they can split pick 2.

Are we really that desperate we'd prefer 13 & 23 that likely are pushed out to 14-17 & late 20's in this draft over the potential for a top 3 pick next year and more than likely worst case scenario pick 6/7 next year.

There becomes a point if you're that desperate to get into this draft that it's an insane mistake taking a far worse offer. We might not even get the player we're targeting at 14-17 or late 20's anyway.

If Gc accept 23 for Luko then 13, Luko, Richards isn’t the end of the world, its passable

Not comparable. Hinkley's comments this year "maybe we're not good enough" and Davies denigration of the list shortly thereafter to try and justify their continued positions as the most unsuccessful coach in VFL/AFL history and General Manager of Football is nothing compared to supporters critiquing or taking out frustrations on a footy forum.

We finished second at the end of the minor round. Opposing coaches don't rate Ken.

If Gc accept 23 for Luko then 13, Luko, Richards isn’t the end of the world, its passable
I don't understand why Collingwood are trying to Gold Coast's pick 23 in the Noble trade to give us, and then we're talking about whether Gold Coast would take pick 23 for Luko?

Just make Collingwood satisfy GC for 13 and Luko if they want Houston (Noble and future 1st plus maybe some change for draft points should do it). Then they can give us both plus Richards for him.

That doesn't justify it, Eddie Betts was still well and truly more than twice the player Owies is.

You could say that about the relative salaries of many players.

In general salary distribution in AFL is a joke. The top players should be getting way, way more and the mediocre players should be getting way, way less.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

Back