List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe Dan is doing the "I tried my hardest to get back to Melbourne to be with you but seems it's not possible, guess I'll stay here with my mates" in an attempt to keep the gf happy.......
If I was in his position... I would have about 7 different girls a night.... Depending how I felt.

He was gung-ho on joining Melbourne

Then was open to St Kilda

Sam Edmund declared him a lock for Carlton

The Age now reports he has chosen Collingwood.

I always liked the idea of being a meteorologist because if you get the forecast wrong its like, hey you can't predict the weather, but AFL journo? You never have to be right at all! They are the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked.

I ****ing hate this club. We throw away future first rounders like candy and then desperately try to trade our way back in for a premium price the year after. It's a joke.

Just a reminder that we would have a pick around 13 anyway if we hadn't done the stupid deals we did last trade period. So the actual sum total is:

OUT: Dan Houston, 1st round pick
IN: Jack Lukosius (talented but flaky), Ivan Soldo (spud, wants out), Esava Ratugolea (spud, we'd be better off if he wanted out), Joe Richards (who?), and maybe some picks in the 20's.

Luko is the only thing we're getting back across those deals worth getting out of bed for, and we're giving up a significantly better player AND a first round pick for the privilege.

The research I did on pick 16 which was at the time what we had given up in the first round of this draft is that you have about a 30% chance of landing a serviceable player. The only gun players taken at pick 16 dating all the way back to 1993 are Gehrig, S Thompson and if you can call him a gun, Birdman. Draft picks are overrated but I agree Esava is barely in that serviceable category unless you want to compare him to other pick 16s like Ben Jacobs, Jasper Pittard and Todd Marshall which wouldn’t be unreasonable. None of these players are or were ever very good.

So he doesn’t just want to get back to Victoria then?

This is where the balance of power needs an absolute correction. Not only does a player want to break a three year contract, they want to dictate which team they go to. No professional sporting league in the world is as amateurish as the AFL.

In reality,
Would most be happy with the below?

Houston for 13,23 and Richards

We then trade our F1 (plus points from picks we no longer need) for Luko and 29

Port
Out: Houston, F1, 58
In: 13,23,29, Luko, Richards

I'd be happy with telling Collingwood to go and **** themselves and then blocking their number.

Chuck several manila folders at them for good order.

i see a real flaw in logic when people refer to a specific pick as not producing good players as if we are bound by the mistakes dud recruiters make and crap teams who can’t develop players.

Like why would we measure a pick by the stupidity of crows drafting chayce jones when they could have drafted butters?

13, 23 and Richards doesn’t sound that bad after all now.

But now that Houston has chosen Collingwood I think we need to make things really difficult for him because he doesn’t give a stuff about us.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Not bad compared to the worst trade offer in history sure. It's like saying having your dick bitten off by a badger is better than it being bitten off by a wolf.

So much for Houston wanting to ensure that Port get something decent in return for him which North have offered.

Time to tell him that you are staying at Port.
Yep.

This happens with all big trades every year. Collingwood know that just pick 13 isn't enough it's all theartre. There is still a week to go we will get a fair deal although not perfect it will be better than 13 and Richards.
By the way I'm very positive about Richards I think he will be a 150 plus gamer for us.

He was gung-ho on joining Melbourne

Then was open to St Kilda

Sam Edmund declared him a lock for Carlton

The Age now reports he has chosen Collingwood.

I always liked the idea of being a meteorologist because if you get the forecast wrong its like, hey you can't predict the weather, but AFL journo? You never have to be right at all! They are the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked.
Brother that is the media in a nutshell now. They would rather be first and wrong over second and right

This happens with all big trades every year. Collingwood know that just pick 13 isn't enough it's all theartre. There is still a week to go we will get a fair deal although not perfect it will be better than 13 and Richards.
By the way I'm very positive about Richards I think he will be a 150 plus gamer for us.
To be fair if he goes on to play 150 for you it would prove to be a fair deal

Norths future first will be a top 4 pick. They suck. They've won 15 of their last 107 games. Teams like that don't just jump up the ladder. It will take years.

Brisbane did in 2019. After years of being dogshit. Evidently in fagans 3rd year, Clarko’s 3rd year next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Davies already on record saying Port will consider the trade period a success if they get in what they are seeking, which is Luko and Richards.

What that means is all Davies will seek in return for Houston and Soldo is enough capital to land those two players. These players are effectively now dead to the club, and will be moved on, for unders most likely, noting Port can now land Luko with F1 and Richards through Houston. Pick 13 will be seen as the sweetener.

This is the approach Port take to trade week and they openly say so. Collingwood will make out like bandits as a result. Peeps clinging to hopes of Houston moving to North Melbourne should know this club better.

Not bad compared to the worst trade offer in history sure. It's like saying having your dick bitten off by a badger is better than it being bitten off by a wolf.

Better prepare yourself for your dick getting mauled then.

None of this Houston situation is ideal. I hate it all.

But I’m trying to be realistic here.

I’m more annoyed with Dan for wanting out after signing a long term deal and having just been added to the leadership group, and back to back AA’s.

I’d like to think we dig our heels in and keep Houston, I’ve said that all along but I just can’t see it happening.

And perhaps it’s better to cut your losses when you’ve got someone that doesn’t want to be here.

Better prepare yourself for your dick getting mauled then.

None of this Houston situation is ideal. I hate it all.

But I’m trying to be realistic here.

I’m more annoyed with Dan for wanting out after signing a long term deal and having just been added to the leadership group, and back to back AA’s.

I’d like to think we dig our heels in and keep Houston, I’ve said that all along but I just can’t see it happening.

And perhaps it’s better to cut your losses when you’ve got someone that doesn’t want to be here.

We literally have to do nothing. Houston has three years on a contract and can be made to stay. The balance of power between clubs and players needs correcting. Time to grow a pair.

i see a real flaw in logic when people refer to a specific pick as not producing good players as if we are bound by the mistakes dud recruiters make and crap teams who can’t develop players.

Like why would we measure a pick by the stupidity of crows drafting chayce jones when they could have drafted butters?

You really are a flog. Cannot stand any criticism of Todd Marshall. I’ve looked back at pick 16 back into the early 90s and it’s just not of much value. Deal with it, get over Todd too, he’s useless.

We literally have to do nothing. Houston has three years on a contract and can be made to stay. The balance of power between clubs and players needs correcting. Time to grow a pair.

The time for port to grow a pair was 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 and 2024.

Dan Houston has made the community proud through great deeds and will be rewarded by being traded to his club of choice at a value that club of choice deems reasonable.

Work life balance at Alberton.
Dan will leave, it's important for his mental health to be home with his family and friends , he'll probably win a flag and we'll forever be greatful for his service.
We should just be happy our great little club is apart of trade week. It's exciting. Onwards and upwards.
Cya at the footy

I agree, but I bet you we don’t. I’ve given up on that idea, I just don’t see us doing that.

Work life balance at Alberton.
Dan will leave , probably win a flag and we'll forever be greatful for his service.
We should just be happy our great little club is apart of trade week. It's exciting.
Koch will tweet how happy he is for Dan to have won a Norm Smith medal for Collingwoood and Ken will take the credit for developing him. We produce good people at Port Adelaide and we don’t mind sharing the love.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

Back