List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We literally have to do nothing. Houston has three years on a contract and can be made to stay. The balance of power between clubs and players needs correcting. Time to grow a pair.

If Collingwood's starting offer is a pick in the teens and a 9 game 25yo who nobody has heard of, block their number.

Just keep him. There is absolutely no reason to accept anything other than a premium offer.

13, 23 and Richards doesn’t sound that bad after all now.

But now that Houston has chosen Collingwood I think we need to make things really difficult for him because he doesn’t give a stuff about us.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Why you will involve Richard's in Houston trade ? First of all he is free agent and second he is utility player and does not cost anything . If Port desire they can pay packet of chips or pick 111th for him .

Why you will involve Richard's in Houston trade ? First of all he is free agent and second he is utility player and does not cost anything . If Port desire they can pay packet of chips or pick 111th for him .
He’s not a free agent. He is uncontracted. We trade or try and walk him through the draft.

The other option seem to be:

Carlton: Future 2nd + Owies
Collingwood: 13 + 23 + Richards

I'd take a North Future 1st alone all day over both of those offers.

I can't see a world where North's future first is outside the top 6 which is far better than 13 + 23 and a steak knife.
There is a good chance it is top 3 again too.
I dont mind the basis of the Collingwood deal, but I would ask them to turn that 13 into something around 8-10 and then I'd accept it. Onus is on them

He’s not a free agent. He is uncontracted. We trade or try and walk him through the draft.
Then we should let Collingwood know that he will not be part of Houston trade . Take it or we will walk through draft . We need 2 first rounder for Houston . How other clubs get it . It should not be our problems .

Luko is worth, IMO, a pick in the low 20s. He's not a 1st round pick, and if he is a 1st round pick, Houston is worth something like 7+9.

We will get something back, it’s not going to be a straight swap for a future 1st.

I think we we will get him for a good deal, but I rate him more than others though, he is hugely important for us, out of all our potential targets he was by far the most important.

Not landing free agents Perryman and Cumming hurt but Luko was the one we just had to get.

Richards is coming to Port because we are offering the best contract. So yeah he is worth nothing in a trade. We can just take him in the draft on the same contract terms. Dont need to give Collingwood anything.

Only included in a Houston trade to confuse Port supporters into thinking we got something in return.

Brisbane did in 2019. After years of being dogshit. Evidently in fagans 3rd year, Clarko’s 3rd year next year.

Sorta but Bris had won 50% more games in that time.

Also Bris % in 2018 = 89%.
North % in 2024 = 63%

Brisbane were never league worst all time like North. North aren't jumping out of the bottom 4. The Crows still finished bottom 4 after years of building. They are the type of team capable of the Brisbane. A team on the verge.

[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]][emoji6][emoji6]" data-quote="dirty" data-source="post: 0" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
If I was in his position... I would have about [emoji[emoji6]] different girls a night.... Depending how I felt.

Man, you’d kill yourself over Easter…..

They, as in Port need to stick to their "the deal starts at 2 first round picks" for Houston. It's that simple. None of this 13 & Richards bullshit.

So Port, tell Pies to cough up or jog on. They can give Sun's their future 1st. They whine about still being in the draft yet it's perfectly OK for them to screw Port over who want to get In the draft whilst having on the table a very evidently 2 first round player. Tired of the Muppets saying Bolton is worth 2 1st and Rioli is pick 6 ffs.... yet these Victorian w***ers say pick 13 will do.. or, they say carltons pick 12 is straight swap for Houston.. like seriously, piss off.

Simple deal. Pies want Houston.. then here.

Port - Lukosius, Richards and pick 13
Sun's - Noble, Pies future 1st, Ports future 3rd
Pies - Houston, Sun's pick 23 and 50

Fair deal

Richards = pick after 40 value
Noble - pick after 20 value
Houston - realistically a top 5 pick. No top 5 18 year old is anywhere near his talent so he is rightfully valued at double any number 1 18 year old draft prospect. Even Reid. None of these Rioli, Bolton or even Noble is and has been a legit top 5 player all season, top 10 last and both AA.

This deal gives Port 2 first round picks in Luko and pick 13 and the future 3rd given to Sun's is to pay for Richards.
Pies give a future 1st which potentially can be anywhere from 10 to 18 next year, to the Sun's for pick 13 and they receive very gracious picks 23 and 50 for Noble and Richards compo.

All get even distributed trades. Sun's now have draft for next season too and a salary dump.

Fk me dead. Not hard... Port tell these pricks to stick it otherwise and keep Houston and offer a future 1st for Lukosius and 23 to salary dump for them and then tell Pies they can have pick 58 for Richards or jog on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We will get something back, it’s not going to be a straight swap for a future 1st.

I think we we will get him for a good deal, but I rate him more than others though, he is hugely important for us, out of all our potential targets he was by far the most important.

Not landing free agents Perryman and Cumming hurt but Luko was the one we just had to get.

I'm not 100% against the future 1st, I agree that he's a vital target.

It's just incredibly aggravating for the media narrative to have landed on a F1 for Luko being a fait accompli, while we're being told we should give up Houston for a late first and a firm handshake.

Why did Melbourne have to fumble off-field? The deal was essentially done with them giving away 2 x 1st rounders for Houston. What it could have been.

Now we’re stuck with two clubs wanting Houston for pick 13 and a steak knives deal which is an insult and the 3rd club having the picks but Houston not as keen to join.😩

My expectations with what the PAFC has become under the current regime is they will eventually fold to the perceived pressure of Houston and Soldo wanting to move back to Victoria and trade them both for unders, even though it has the upper hand and there is absolutely no need to do anything.

The inept clowns who are calling the shots at Alberton now aren't good enough to have licked Bob McLean's boots, and what is left of the club is unfortunately moving closer every day to becoming Gold Coast mark 2!

My expectations with what the PAFC has become under the current regime is they will eventually fold to the perceived pressure of Houston and Soldo wanting to move back to Victoria and trade them both for unders, even though it has the upper hand and there is absolutely no need to do anything.

The inept clowns who are calling the shots at Alberton now aren't good enough to have licked Bob McLean's boots, and what is left of the club is unfortunately moving closer every day to becoming Gold Coast mark 2!
We will for Soldo because end of the day we dont want his contract on the books for someone who doesnt want to be there. free's up his 600 or 700k next 2 seasons to front load some contracts to get butters and bergman signed long term

God. A lot of sh!tting the bed in here already.

The reason trade “week” goes for so long is to keep AFL relevant in the off season, and money from ads.

Who knows if dans actually preferring Collingwood (or Carlton or was it Melbourne).

This will get done on the final day.

Clubs can offer whatever they want. You’ll always start with your lowest bid and work from there.

God. A lot of sh!tting the bed in here already.

The reason trade “week” goes for so long is to keep AFL relevant in the off season, and money from ads.

Who knows if dans actually preferring Collingwood (or Carlton or was it Melbourne).

This will get done on the final day.

Clubs can offer whatever they want. You’ll always start with your lowest bid and work from there.

Thinking it gets done before the last day because I don't think it's as easy as saying " The winner is....." Carlton and Collingwood have to be eliminated officially and Dan has to say he's staying or going to North who are the only side close to being in a position to make a offer we will accept.

I haven’t changed my opinion that 13, 23 & Richards is more than a fair trade for Houston, but not without 23 attached.

As for Dan zeroing in on Collingwood….

“You know how much I love you babe, & that I want to spend every waking minute of the day with you…..but that love can only occur if I’m wearing a Collingwood jumper”.
Now that’s what I call true love 😭

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

Back