List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How do Collingwood/Carlton get Fremantles pick 11 when they can barely get pick 13?
That's not our problem. That's theirs.

There is no requirement for us to do anything at all. Dan said he wanted to go to Melbourne so if nobody comes up with enough then he stays at Port. That's how we should be looking at it.

(also I'm not specifically saying 11, but the second pick should be somewhere between 9-14).

That's not our problem. That's theirs.

There is no requirement for us to do anything at all. Dan said he wanted to go to Melbourne so if nobody comes up with enough then he stays at Port. That's how we should be looking at it.

(also I'm not specifically saying 11, but the second pick should be somewhere between 9-14).
Gotcha, but I think everybody needs prepare themselves for the club letting Dan go for less than his worth.

Out of Carlton and Coll, only Carlton has the potential in my eyes to make it happen, but they don't want to cough up what he's worth.
Disagree. Collingwood having Noble requesting a trade to the Suns makes them easily the most likely party to get it done. Trade Noble, their future 1st and whatever GC want on top (which may well only be late picks for draft points) to get 13 and Luko. Then trade us 13, Luko and Richards for Houston.

If we were smart (which we're not) we'd also be taking our future first for Luko off of the table to apply pressure to GC to accept what Collingwood are offering. This is all so simple that it's kind of amazing to me that it hasn't happened yet. It'd probably already be done if we weren't such cucks.

Gotcha, but I think everybody needs prepare themselves for the club letting Dan go for less than his worth.
Absolutely.

It comes down to what's worth discussing - are we discussing what the club should do or what they will do?

Wouldn't shock me at all if we go the nice guy route and roll over, especially given how much Geelong smashed us last year despite having no leverage other than "being Geelong".

But what we should do, is start from the position that Dan is staying at Port and leave it up to any Victorian club to provide an offer that's too good to refuse.

Luko is worth, IMO, a pick in the low 20s. He's not a 1st round pick, and if he is a 1st round pick, Houston is worth something like 7+9.
I'm happy to give our F1 if we get a decent 2024 pick with him.

Go all in on this deep draft.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I dont mind the basis of the Collingwood deal, but I would ask them to turn that 13 into something around 8-10 and then I'd accept it. Onus is on them
Unlike usual this year is the one year I'd be happy with an extra 2nd rather that elevating our 1st.

Unlike usual this year is the one year I'd be happy with an extra 2nd rather that elevating our 1st.

The issue I have is 13 is already 15 or 16 on draft night. 23 is also 27 on draft night. I think if our deal is 16+27+ Richards for Houston that's a terrible deal. And then whatever we get for Soldo which I assume will be in the 30s on draft night.

My bigger issue is I have a strong feeling we're about to bend over and give Suns a future first for Luko. I really want to keep a future first. And then bend over and only get 1 first rounder for Houston.

Our worst case scenario should be we end up with a first this year and next year at the end of the trade period. But I see us ending up with only a first this year.

Yeah, blues have access to 2 1sts. If they wanted Dan more than they wanted to rip us off he would be theirs.

Collingwood could get us a pick 13 luko Richards and 36 (their 2nd round) if they wanted to put that on the table, and that is close to 2 1st rounders (consider luko + 36 to us as at least close to a 1st round mark)

But again, they’re more interested in trying to rip us off than improving their teams.

Houston to either of those teams turns them into very strong cup contenders, probably the favourites.

They’re idiots to risk ****ing this up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The issue I have is 13 is already 15 or 16 on draft night. 23 is also 27 on draft night. I think if our deal is 16+27+ Richards for Houston that's a terrible deal. And then whatever we get for Soldo which I assume will be in the 30s on draft night.

My bigger issue is I have a strong feeling we're about to bend over and give Suns a future first for Luko. I really want to keep a future first. And then bend over and only get 1 first rounder for Houston.

Our worst case scenario should be we end up with a first this year and next year at the end of the trade period. But I see us ending up with only a first this year.
Like I said I'm happy with not having a F1 if we get 2nd rounders this year. It's a deep draft and a good opportunity to improve our depth and get in players now so they are closer in age to JHF, Butters etc.

I’m glad we added Dan to the leadership group this year, lol.

Pretty poor from him picking Collingwood, when all he is doing is chasing a bloody girlfriend, with 3 years to run on his contract. Feel like this exit is the worst one we’ve had in a while, the whole thing stinks.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
The Age is alleging he has picked Collingwood, I suggest do not judge until we see/hear Dan has chosen the Pies.

Guess he is staying in Adelaide then.
The Pies don't have much more to give, perhaps they hope to flick some more B graders at us.
North may get back in next week if they pony up a pick for this year where they could split their pick two

To be fair if he goes on to play 150 for you it would prove to be a fair deal
That’s making a GF 8 years in a row, after playing 9 by the age of 25,
I’d guess this sport poster didn’t do his maths. He’ll have to play to 35 to get to 150 games!

I'd say even if we get a 30s pick for Soldo there is a good chance it goes past 40 on draft night

I dont mind the basis of the Collingwood deal, but I would ask them to turn that 13 into something around 8-10 and then I'd accept it. Onus is on them
It is the opening gambit albeit the Pies don't have many options left.
I reckon a white knight like North or the Saint will trump all bids next week,

Disagree. Collingwood having Noble requesting a trade to the Suns makes them easily the most likely party to get it done. Trade Noble, their future 1st and whatever GC want on top (which may well only be late picks for draft points) to get 13 and Luko. Then trade us 13, Luko and Richards for Houston.

If we were smart (which we're not) we'd also be taking our future first for Luko off of the table to apply pressure to GC to accept what Collingwood are offering. This is all so simple that it's kind of amazing to me that it hasn't happened yet. It'd probably already be done if we weren't such cucks.
I disagree, I would make the Luko trade with next year's first where the Pies & others would then realise we don't need to trade Dan to get Luko to the Club.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

Back