List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

Latest news:

Collingwood Getting even more pathetic, Deal with North exclusively!!!

John Ralph 7 Minutes ago- The Advertiser
Collingwood is still the resounding favourite to secure Dan Houston despite believing the Power's current demand for the dual All Australian equates to a trio of late first-round picks.
The Pies are prepared to secure Gold Coast's no. 13 and 23 picks in a swap with their future first-round selection and departing defender John Noble.
But they are not prepared to hand over 13 and 23 to the Power, believing Sydney would then trade its picks 19 and 22 for the cherished No. 13 pick.
It would leave the Power with picks 19, 22 and 23 and Richards for Houston.

Im gunna say it again, if we cave and let Houston go for 1 pick in the teens and steal knives, ill never respect this club again.

Stick to your guns, 2 first rounders (or 1 real good one) or stay.
I have no respect for the club now under the current regime. However, I will raise my levels of disgust at the club if they don't stick with their initial demands. I have little faith they will.

Port
Out: Houston, F1, Lord
In: Luko, N Daicos, Joechards, 13, 23

Gold Coast
Out: 13, 23, Luko
In: Noble, Moore, Port's F1

Collingwood
Out: Moore, N Daicos, Joechards
In: Houston, Lord

Who says no?
Judging from what Power supporters are rating Houston, Port still say no.
Maybe we send both Daicos brothers as a sweetener.

The ruthless Port Adelaide FC that I grew up supporting, a club with a single minded commitment to winning Premierships, would not trade an elite player to one of it's direct, immediate competitors.

That ruthless club would be telling Dan that it is North, or it is nothing.

I miss that club.

Mate he is literally in our top few players. Have a think about who your 3rd or 4th best player is and then think about what return you might like in a trade for them. Maybe degoey or Josh daicos? What would you expect? With their available capital there is no way that Collingwood can pay overs on this deal and we are getting screwed.

The ruthless Port Adelaide FC that I grew up supporting, a club with a single minded commitment to winning Premierships, would not trade an elite player to one of it's direct, immediate competitors.

That ruthless club would be telling Dan that it is North, or it is nothing.

I miss that club.
CARDONE. We have been screwed over by Collingwood for years with our entry, prison bars etc. We have a spy on our board.

Do you think Collingwood would trade a guy coming off of two consecutive AA selections and with three years left on his contract for a pick in the teens and a 25 year old uncontracted VFL player? Flog.

Just because you’re a heartland VFL club doesn’t mean we provincials must bow down and give you our best players because you say so

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How the F*** can a club (Collingwood) without a current F1 pick trade an average player (Noble) and end up with a B2B AA upgrade in Houston. Absolutely bullied and an embarrassment to the league - we've gone out early and demanded two firsts and then end up with this proposed haul. Actually cannot believe it.
I can. Clubs been taking it up the arse for many years now.

He's worth two first rounders this year , we've said it from the start. Hell his worth pick one if rioli is worth 6,13
There is no way Rioli is worth pick 6, let alone 6 and 13. That is just nonsense.
My personal opinion (not that it means much, same as everybody else on Bigfooty) is that Houston is worth more than Rioli.
A fair bit more also.

That being said however, Richmond are in a better position because GC has the better picks, the Hardwick connection and well they just are.

Port unfortunately are not as blessed this time around.
Yes they could tell him to stay. But we all know clubs these days dont do that.
Be it culture, be it AFLPA pressure, who know, it just doesn't happen.

Port could send him to North but Dan may not want that. Personally I think players have too much power.

Eventually we may get to a position where if a player can choose to go wherever he likes as a FA, then a club can trade a contracted player to whomever they choose, without the players consent.

As a code, we are just not that mature yet.

Hearing he had a walk through facilities last night and this gets done today to Collingwood.. I bloody hope we don't get screwed but given how early it is.. very likely.
Okay Mr 5 post Horney Francis. They are not even remotely close to a deal that both parties are happy with, this is definitely not happening today. It would take one almighty backflip from either side for that to happen.

Richmond are arguing what should be added to pick 6 to acquire Rioli.

Richmond are asking for picks 10,11 for Bolton and don’t look poised to take anything less than 2 firsts with one being top 11 at least.

Why are port fans being told to take a 1st and a second?

**** this rigged competition.
It's really not worth following anymore. We are just fodder.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

Back