List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

I would have been happy to work with North.

Well we did try. You could have taken our future first which would be somewhere between picks 2 and 4 because let's face it, even if we somehow managed to double our wins next year, that's where our pick would land. That would put you firmly in the frame for Dyson Sharp or it could have gotten you a couple of early picks in this years draft with a trade. Seems a lot better than this deal.

Atkins will be playing sanfl and that's it but it's scary to think he and soldo are the only ones on our list who have played in a winning prelim final and played in a granny.

Well we did try. You could have taken our future first which would be somewhere between picks 2 and 4 because let's face it, even if we somehow managed to double our wins next year, that's where our pick would land. That would put you firmly in the frame for Dyson Sharp or it could have gotten you a couple of early picks in this years draft with a trade. Seems a lot better than this deal.
Got to make Dan happy.
We value work life balance before anything else.

Ralph is reporting we are giving up our future first also.
This club is ****ed if we do this. Atkins is on good money because good ol’ Gold Coast overpaid him. Luko is on a million each year for the next two years. We give up one of our best 5 players and a future 1st, after the garbage 1st we traded last year, and all we get back is 13, Luko, and some garbage.

We’re taking on x2 salary dumps while giving a 1st for them and giving one of our best players to a contender for 13 and one of their scrubs.

I think you guys would have done some creative trading to make the deal even sweeter, Brady Rawlings sound very optimistic.

Given it is so late in the day, you might still have a chance to blow the house of cards over.

I might just wait and see before going troppo. Looks like Ratkins is thrown in as a sweetener, doesn't appear to be costing us anything, so not sure what the hysteria is about that part of it. Is it just because he is Ratkins? Provides a bit of depth to a position we are losing an AA player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you guys would have done some creative trading to make the deal even sweeter, Brady Rawlings sound very optimistic.

Given it is so late in the day, you might still have a chance to blow the house of cards over.

Even if we don't, it's still a better deal.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

Back