News Dan Houston traded to Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

If there's one thing you can rely on with this club the last 10 years, it's when you think they couldn't possibly do anything dumber than all the things already done, they manage to do it. This is burning the place to the joint on the way out by Ken, Cripps, Davies and co.

I used to at least have some hope that when Ken was (finally) gone, there was the bones of a good list for the next coach. The trading periods the last 2 years have wrecked that notion. It is now very much an average list. This is a 6-12 list. I've long since given up on then thinking 'Well once it underperforms there's no way Ken can remain'. Goal posts will just be shifted again, so they can all windmill up and down the hallways at Alberton.

So hoorah, we're going to get either Ken extended again, from some bullshit metric met, or the list is so toast, we'll get happy clappers potting us that we should have kept Ken, as the new coach has us bottom 6, because it'll take at least 5 years to undo the last 2 years of mismanagement of the list.
All I can say is, go Giants!!!

Farrel is a great long shot on goal. So he's dangerous like Houston for the handball receive 60 out.

His forward 50 entries are always long and high bombs to the back of the pack.

But his passing isn't anywhere near Houston's level. Dyl Williams is a far better option to fill that whole, if he can get the rest of his game going again

Connors and Cripps aren't tight. Cripps is tight with Dan's actually manager Giechen. But Giechen wasn't getting the trade done, so Dan went over his head to his managers boss.

Cripps being tight with Dan's manager is why we had the initial ok to stay, we'll try again next year stance.

You know what it actually means. We were going to bend over to Dan's wishes to get to Collingwood even without pick 13. We would've accepted whatever shit deal they offered because it was the best they had left.
Yeah nah Farrell can hit a 5 cent piece from 50 metres

campaigner move to share the welcome to Collingwood post but yet to see the

Thanks port for giving me a chance when literally no one else did then not delisting me after one year of nothing as a rookie
Also sorry for getting suspended like a knob right before finals
Should have traded him to North for less....fukc him.

Two things, I don't think enough is being made of particularly Ken and losing out on Cummings and Perryman, he often gets the credit when a FA or player chooses us, so why not the criticism when a player decides against us? Could be nothing in it? Could also be they stacked Kens plans and strategy against the other teams and the other team won out.

And yes, Houstons lip service and ultimately his actions were far far apart.

If you're a campaigner and demanding to go home to a particular club, at least have the cojones to be relatively transparent about it.

If it's true he hasn't even penned an open post thanking us as a club or the fans or anything, then he's much more an entitled Vic toss than I imagined.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

“The last few weeks I’ve had a fluctuation of emotions. If the deal can’t get done, I’m happy to stay at Port, I love the club.”

tumblr_owt4cyRJfZ1wvvyspo7_r2_400.gif

Collingwood are going all in for the now. So they might get a flag but they are just as likely to fall short then the cliff will come pretty quick they have a host of over 30's and apart from Nick their 23 and under players in their squad haven't been played or are just ordinary no names. They are the next Richmond if we get rid of Ken I would expect port to play in more finals than Dan in the next 6 to 8 years.

Geelong have shown and now Richmond then Collingwood will show us in the next few years how quickly and differently Vic clubs get to rebuild given chronic, pathetic trading positions taken by multiple feeder franchises, including ourselves. No conspiracist at all but if as it seems from casual observances that it's only the clubs operated by proxy from AFL House who prostrate themselves like this regularly it's a damning indictment on the sport. Not just an unavoidable or an unintentional bias but a deliberate one.

tl;dr: why would Collingwood fear "the cliff" when they've seen what Geelong can get away with at the expense of others?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Listening to, Cripps, he seemed happy to give Houston what he wanted.
Of course, the boy's get what they want, Ken gets what he wants, koch, Davies and the weak campaigner Richardson all get what they want, even the AFL get what they want.

It's just the poor members and supporters that are dished the shit sandwiches.

I listened to Camporeale last night. Usually don't mind him but FMD the way he went on about "you can't compare the Rioli deal (and subsequently the even better Bolton deal) with the Houston one because it's what the club values and needs at the time" made me so fukcing angry. Bolton and Houston are the most comparible trades in terms of contracted, age and ability.. 10, 11, Bolton 18 for pick 14. Compare that for what we got for Houston. Freaking mind blowing.

I listened to Camporeale last night. Usually don't mind him but FMD the way he went on about "you can't compare the Rioli deal (and subsequently the even better Bolton deal) with the Houston one because it's what the club values and needs at the time" made me so fukcing angry. Bolton and Houston are the most comparible trades in terms of contracted, age and ability.. 10, 11, Bolton 18 for pick 14. Compare that for what we got for Houston. Freaking mind blowing.
Sadly Port deals with clubs that do not have the draft capital to fully satisfy us.

All I no round 2 blockbuster at the G dan and his Houston rockets will be playing port and the hounds ..

Bring back dixs so he can lay the lill ****er out ..

Then retire 🤟

You know what really happens.
Houston to be best on ground in a big Collingwood win and then there will be a race with our guys to hug him and have a laugh about it……..

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Campo was critical post finals and is now an apologist.

Makes me think he might have signed up as an assistant.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

News Dan Houston traded to Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back