News Dan Houston traded to Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

People will yell the Creed from the roof tops about clearing out the no-hopers and those in it just for the good time, but would have Houston back at the club after how appallingly he treated us in this trade period

Good riddance, we may not have got enough for him but his attitude is a cancer at the club.

God, Davies sucks.

Been here 10 years and all he’s got to show for it is trading like he’s playing a video game.

We end up in front sometimes.

We end up behind sometimes.

We’re retooling on the run, and getting younger, but also adding experience, and handing out fat free agent deals to a stack of duds who are almost never worth it beyond a decent season or two.

Beyond that, we never actually win anything.

But he’s got a stellar reputation for low-talking and looking like a mafia don, or whatever.

Sadly Port deals with clubs that do not have the draft capital to fully satisfy us.
True.
People will yell the Creed from the roof tops about clearing out the no-hopers and those in it just for the good time, but would have Houston back at the club after how appallingly he treated us in this trade period

Good riddance, we may not have got enough for him but his attitude is a cancer at the club.
What have I missed here? players always push when they want out & we willingly walked into a corner.

Dan's not the cancer. He got out of a club full of no-hopers.

12 months ago we traded out our 2024 first rounder as weak draft.

Now CD says how strong it is and how important #13 is.

So come 2025, we trade Butters for a 10 pick upgrade.

Rozee and JHF are great to have on our list but we’d be a much stronger Club and closer to a flag if we never showed up in trade week the last 10 years.

CD is an arrogant flog, believes he’s never wrong and knows more than anyone else.

His appointment in late 2014 has been a disaster and our results epitomise how poor he is.

He is such a disappointment and makes Peter Rohde look like a God.

Well played Dan.

Why don't you explain this to all the kids that have number 5 merch.

Dual All-Australian defender Dan Houston says he's staying at Port Adelaide and rejecting overtures to join rival clubs in Melbourne.
"I am contracted and I absolutely love the footy club, I love being in Adelaide," Houston told Adelaide radio station 5AA on Friday.
"I am not leaving next year.

"I am contracted, I wouldn't have signed the contract if I wasn't keen on Adelaide and keen on Port Adelaide and I love the place, I love the footy club
and the footy club have been good to me."
Houston said the support from the Power "reaffirmed" his commitment to the club.

"They have always got my back and they have always been really supportive of me," he said.
Burn it and torch Houston!

Rozee and JHF are great to have on our list but we’d be a much stronger Club and closer to a flag if we never showed up in trade week the last 10 years.

CD is an arrogant flog, believes he’s never wrong and knows more than anyone else.

His appointment in late 2014 has been a disaster and our results epitomise how poor he is.

Peter Rhode was a football person. The heavy breathing Egg Noggin was a sub average State Cricketer and reasonable soccer player.

This looks so wrong.:mad:

Cnut of a human being. May the giant karma bus headed your way Dan show no mercy.

School Bus GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jeez don't read the comments on the clubs insta post.

Didn't think there were still that many clappers around.

The club could shoot their first born and they'd be "nah stoked with this, club knows what it's doing relax people, bring on 2025 "

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jeez don't read the comments on the clubs insta post.

Didn't think there were still that many clappers around.

The club could shoot their first born and they'd be "nah stoked with this, club knows what it's doing relax people, bring on 2025 "

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah it hits home more when your friends or relatives are happy clappers, which I had no idea about until a week ago. Literally said Ken doesn't deserve the criticism he cops when Nicks at the Crows has done nothing during his tenure.

But they never have an answer when asked how they feel about having a coach who holds the record for longest tenure at one club in history to never even make a grand final.

I can semi understand the logic in wanting to get into this year's draft (although the Ratugolea is at odds with that). And maybe this was the best deal we were going to get.

But the major problem with this deal is not the in-goings and out-goings, it's the fact that the club has built a reputation of being walked over. We have to be the only club in the league that regularly pays overs and takes unders.

And Dan Houston is a dog campaigner and I hope he genuinely has a terrible time at Collingwood. No good will at all. Hope Izak Rankine ****s him up next year.

Couldn't have said it any better myself despite several attempts. Chris Davies, Ken Hinkley, David Koch, Matthew Richardson. Now the fifth horseman of the apocalypse, Jason Cripps.

As bad as this is currently, there is still a world where we can win by trading 13 down.

13 and 36 = 16 and 21 (GWS)
16 and 29 = 19 and 22 (Sydney)
End up with
19,21,22 - sweet spot in this draft

May trade out 21 or 22 live to a desperate club for a F1 - offers will come, they always do!

Houston trade essentially becomes

Houston (+400k Atkins) = Luko + 19 + 21

That’s much more palatable!

Remove this Banner Ad

News Dan Houston traded to Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back