News Dan Houston traded to Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Just imagine for a second Paul Connors getting a player to accept a lesser deal to come to us next time because he "owes us one".

Yeah thats how stupid we are.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not only that, he will hold a grudge against us because we made him work.

There was only benefit in staying strong against his pressure if we actually stayed strong and got something from it. This way, we ****ed ourselves.

Rory Atkins.. i ****ing hate that guy

It will make me sick to see him wearing a power guernsey
I hope they pick him every week just so I don't ever have to see him disgrace the prison bars.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I still don't understand how we got so bogged down in this deal with these clubs.

It doesn't look like Connors' agency is directly involved with many of the players concerned. I don't reckon they manage Lukosius, Noble, or Richards, and the Ratking is effectively negative steak knives.

Is it as simple as us making a rod for our own back by showing interest in players from Gold Coast and Collingwood, and then being too stupid or weak or incompetent to hold a particular line on how we were and were not prepared to engage? Surely we'd have been better off giving up our F1 for Lukosius, walking Richards to the draft, and dealing with Houston separately?

Chewy316 (or anyone else in the know) do you have insight here?

That and Laura Kane and AFL top level because clearly they wanted Houston at Collingwood. Which is obvious seeing as they posted the pic of Houston & Nick Daicos on the page fairly quickly. Port got shafted and the corrupt AFL and those running it got what they want. I'm sure port would of traded with North on this but AFL got involved and dictated and the cowards at Port bent over.

Gold Coast (aka CFL pets) threatened to pull out of the deal, esp the Lukosius aspect of it, if you didn't agree to the deal.

If there is any silver lining, provided you don't split the pick, pick 13 (probably pushed back to pick 15 or 16 after f/s_academy bids) is odds on to get you a better player than next season's first rounder (still expect Port to finish around top 4)

The good/encouraging news for you guys is that you tend to nail most of your first round selections in recent years, and it's better to have a first rounder in this deep draft than next year's IMHO

But as I say, I honestly feel it was Gold Coast, more than Collingwood that screwed you over, but The Suns pick 13 was still the 2nd most valuable asset in this whole 3 club trade, and there is still a possibility you can use it to try trade it up on draft night

I still don't understand how we got so bogged down in this deal with these clubs.

It doesn't look like Connors' agency is directly involved with many of the players concerned. I don't reckon they manage Lukosius, Noble, or Richards, and the Ratking is effectively negative steak knives.

Is it as simple as us making a rod for our own back by showing interest in players from Gold Coast and Collingwood, and then being too stupid or weak or incompetent to hold a particular line on how we were and were not prepared to engage? Surely we'd have been better off giving up our F1 for Lukosius, walking Richards to the draft, and dealing with Houston separately?

Chewy316 (or anyone else in the know) do you have insight here?

Are you questioning the great and powerful Chris Davies?

Well I’ve always kept my membership up no matter what.
As much as I hate to do so I might have to pass next year.
What happened today is worse than anything the club has dished up over the years including the 21 preliminary final.
The frustrating thing about it is you don’t have to be very smart to work out this is total shit.
It amazes me sometimes how people in highly paid jobs can be so fking stupid.
There’s no words for it.

lol this doesn’t even come close to the 21 prelim disaster, pure hysteria. Premierships is what we all want and a spot in the gf was perfectly laid out for us and we completely shat the bed.

Yeah it would’ve been nice for us to show more balls and hold Houston to his contract, but by the sounds the Houston camp didn’t make things easy for the club.

Comparing this or saying it’s worse than a humiliating prelim loss is ridiculous.

In all honestly this is the sort of trade I’ve been expecting, I always thought there were so many here that were setting themselves up for major disappointment.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Hey Port fans. I know this trade sucks for you and you are angry about losing Houston for not much. Apologies if the timing is off. But I'm just wondering what you can tell us about Houston as a player. Haven't watched a heap of him, all I know is he's a good kick and made AA. How good is he, and what are his strengths and weaknesses? Thank you

lol this doesn’t even come close to the 21 prelim disaster, pure hysteria. Premierships is what we all want and a spot in the gf was perfectly laid out for us and we completely shat the bed.

Yeah it would’ve been nice for us to show more balls and hold Houston to his contract, but by the sounds the Houston camp didn’t make things easy for the club.

Comparing this or saying it’s worse than a humiliating prelim loss is ridiculous.

In all honestly this is the sort of trade I’ve been expecting, I always thought there were so many here that were setting themselves up for major disappointment.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
You are what we call an EHC (Extreme Happy Clapper)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey Port fans. I know this trade sucks for you and you are angry about losing Houston for not much. Apologies if the timing is off. But I'm just wondering what you can tell us about Houston as a player. Haven't watched a heap of him, all I know is he's a good kick and made AA. How good is he, and what are his strengths and weaknesses? Thank you

The media will be gushing over him as the recruit of the year by May, and praising Ned Guy, Bob Mann, Todd Fella or whoever your GM is for landing such a bargain.

best half back in the comp, best kick in the comp, if not certainly top 3, Excellent mark for his height, Hits the scoreboard regular from half back and is the best in the comp at score involvements from the back half. his main weakness is that he often doesn't run back hard enough

Don't believe a word he says.

Strengths: likes to sign 5-6 year contracts

Weaknesses: likes to terminate contracts half way through

He is nearly the complete player, everything you could ever ask a half back to be. You guys will love him.

In a league where the best teams have the best defensive zones/forward presses, Dan ranked number in the AFL from half back for goals in transition.

Also ranked number one in Champion data for best kick. This is despite taking the riskiest and hardest kicks in the league.

There is arguably no better player in the league at reading the opposition structure and angles to deliver the ball forward.

And he's also pretty damn good if you want to deploy him in the midfield or forward too

Remove this Banner Ad

News Dan Houston traded to Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back