News Dan Houston traded to Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Cripps had probably rejected the trade and then the board came in today and demanded it be done.

Afterall have to serve their real masters at the AFL. Can't have 3 of the big 4 Vic teams missing finals again.
The AFL executives will not get their bonuses on top of their 6 and 7 figure salaries if they don't meet those KPI's.

You know, at the end of the day, players come and go all the time and a loss yes but we will cover for Houston.
No we won't. Houston's kicking was an asset and I cannot think of another player who will cover. You do not easily cover for a player who has been All Australian two years in a row.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A shame he's gone to Collingwood, but time to accept the fact and move on.
Best of luck to Dan he's serviced the club well.

It'll be hard replacing an AA player.
Though hopefully the likes of Sinn & Lorenz step up and fill the void.

WTF does this even mean?
It means that yes Connors Sports Management has us, and most other clubs, bent over a barrel to the point where we can't say anything remotely negative about them in public.

But at the same time... they ****ed us, once again. People complaining about Cripps and Connors being on good terms are looking at it wrong, things would be worse if Cripps didn't have that relationship.

But I know Port (and to a lesser extent, as always, the crows) have been a big supporter of Ben Williams to try and introduce more competition in the player management market.

In the end it's pretty clear that nobody actually believed that we would hold Houston to his contract if push came to shove. We wanted to trade Houston because a) he was definitely not happy to stay and let the club know this in no uncertain terms and b) we wanted early picks in this draft. Once the other clubs figured this out we had no leverage and got the minimum offer imaginable.

Yes, but it wasn't up to us to get the #13 out of Gold Coast, that was up to Collingwood. At least that is the way it should have worked but it would not surprise me if we did the hard yards.

I am actually surprised the Lukosius part of the deal went as smoothly as it did. I expected Gold Coast to play hard ball.
You mean taking two salary dumps yet somehow still sending over a first? No wonder it went smoothly, they're still running around the table with their pants down...

No we won't. Houston's kicking was an asset and I cannot think of another player who will cover. You do not easily cover for a player who has been All Australian two years in a row.
Understand he was a great kick but what I meant was it's easier to cover for a half back than a kp player but players come and go, so we will have to make do
If we were better coached maybe we could offset his loss, our bigger problem is Hinkley.

WTF does this even mean?
tumblr_n3kz56EeUu1rzpyc0o1_250.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

News Dan Houston traded to Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back