News Dan Houston traded to Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Does it differ? all I recall him saying was if a deal doesn't get done he'll stay, it's just the usual lip service to the great unwashed.

Picking teams that couldn’t facilitate a reasonable deal and getting his management to strongman us into this shit sandwich.

Forget Nick Stevens, Dan Houston's reaction at Collingwood has a touch of Troy Chaplin and Richmond about it.

Oh well that is Dan Houston done and dusted and we cannot do anything about. I am moving on but I will stay if a deal cannot be done. :rolleyes:

Not entirely, Richmond got Freo's two first round picks for Jai Bolton. Richmond lost the likes of Bolton, Graham and Rioli but they finished with picks 1, 6, 10, 11, 18, 20, 23, 24 . I rate Houston highly and still feel we should have finished with two first round picks for him. Richmond did the business and we should have done as they did.

Chris Davies saying, 'we can cover for Houston' is treating the supporters with utter contempt. He knows, as do we all, that Dan Houston was the cornerstone in our defence and a dual All Australian. I would like Davies to nominate the player that is going to replace Houston.
Tbh I kinda of agree we can cover Houston.

Why I am pissed at the trade is because you don't get many opportunities to get genuine maximum return for minimal effort.

We had this opportunity with the Houston trade and we blew it.

As far as losing Houston I really couldn't give a s*** and was actually excited at the prospect of getting a decent return.

Our forward line on paper looks much better and I guess I am ok as long as the Luko gamble pays.

Tbh I kinda of agree we can cover Houston.

Why I am pissed at the trade is because you don't get many opportunities to get genuine maximum return for minimal effort.

We had this opportunity with the Houston trade and we blew it.

As far as losing Houston I really couldn't give a s*** and was actually excited at the prospect of getting a decent return.

Our forward line on paper looks much better and I guess I am ok as long as the Luko gamble pays.

I would hope that the Lukosius acquisition is not a gamble but I know where you are coming from.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The whole club hates the fans lol. They're scared of them.
Imagine if these weak people played for, or ran a football club in Turkey. They wouldn't survive a week.

I've said it many times previously, all of the Clubs (including ours) are franchises and for the vast majority of players it seems it is just a job.
As such it's pretty hard to fault Houston for wanting a better paying job closer to home with his partner.......
He isn't the first player to make make statements to the media that later prove to be false and he won't be the last......

As far as contracts go we all know that in the AFL they are often pretty meaningless.
Once a player says he wants to move 8 or 9 times out of 10 it happens.

Last edited:
Whereas at some clubs a guy who has played just 9 AFL games is labelled a superstar by their fans.

Not the 1st or Last at any Team

I did not call him a Superstar

I said he is Borderline 22

I've said it many times previously, all of the Clubs (including ours) are franchises and for the vast majority of players it seems it is just a job.
As such it's pretty hard to fault Houston for wanting a better paying job closer to home with his partner.......
He isn't the first player to make make statements to the media that later prove to be false and he won't be the last......

As far as contracts go we all know that in the AFL they are often pretty meaningless.
Once a player says he wants to move 8 or 9 times out of 10 it happens.
When we traded for Treloar he said same thing during the Season

Is a Professional Sport so it there Jobs and not Passion like back in the Day

Remove this Banner Ad

News Dan Houston traded to Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back