Trade Requested Dan Houston [UFA 2027] - Wants to head to Victoria

Remove this Banner Ad

Gold Coast should seriously fold. They are a joke. The only time they showed backbone was with Jack Martin. What a weird flex.

What's not to know?

You traded pick 13 and 29 to the pies for noble and a f1.

Noble and pick 29 cancel out so for some reason you've traded pick 13 straight up for a f1 when other clubs were offering alot more.

You prioritised dealing with the pies over pick 13 for john noble as if he's nick daicos.

Then the deal for Rioli is a joke, Dan Houston a much better player just went for a f1 and John noble yet you are trading pick 6 in a superdraft AND pick 23.

But go ahead defend these atrocious moves
Not really, GCS likely only did this as Houston wanted to go to Collingwood and Port Power would only release him with pick 13 since they wanted to get back in the draft and took on Atkin as a sweetener for GCS scratching Collingwood's back.

What's not to know?

You traded pick 13 and 29 to the pies for noble and a f1.

Noble and pick 29 cancel out so for some reason you've traded pick 13 straight up for a f1 when other clubs were offering alot more.

You prioritised dealing with the pies over pick 13 for john noble as if he's nick daicos.

Then the deal for Rioli is a joke, Dan Houston a much better player just went for a f1 and John noble yet you are trading pick 6 in a superdraft AND pick 23.

But go ahead defend these atrocious moves
Yeah, I’m not defending anything and I’ll be the first to complain about Craig Cameron’s lack of competence, but go off?

Nowhere in your ramblings do I see Atkins and Lukosius getting to Port though, which would suggest it’s a more complicated 3-way deal than you are suggesting, of which the details aren’t super clear yet, which was my point.

Not really, GCS likely only did this as Houston wanted to go to Collingwood and Port Power would only release him with pick 13 since they wanted to get back in the draft and took on Atkin as a sweetener for GCS scratching Collingwood's back.

Why is it the Suns role to look after Dan Houston?

Their perogative should be to maximise the return of their asset.

Do you really think they did that when North were offering a future 1st? Saints offered a 1st and 2nd?

They could've just handed over pick 23 or 29 for Noble which is already overpaying and auction off pick 13 seperately to the highest bidder.

Hawthorn got a 1st and 2nd for pick 14 yet the Suns only got a single 1st for pick 13.

But glad they could look after Houston.

Yeah, I’m not defending anything and I’ll be the first to complain about Craig Cameron’s lack of competence, but go off?

Nowhere in your ramblings do I see Atkins and Lukosius getting to Port though, which would suggest it’s a more complicated 3-way deal than you are suggesting, of which the details aren’t super clear yet, which was my point.

The Port deal was always gonna be a f1 for Lukosius. That deal could've been done separately and you would've got the same return.

It's the way you've mangled pick 13 is mindboggling.

Hawthorn got more for pick 14 does that make sense to you?

Do you really think they did that when North were offering a future 1st? Saints offered a 1st and 2nd?

They could've just handed over pick 23 or 29 for Noble which is already overpaying and auction off pick 13 seperately to the highest bidder.

Hawthorn got a 1st and 2nd for pick 14 yet the Suns only got a single 1st for pick 13.

They didn't, that's why the Atkin deal got included.

Just when I think it's not possible for a team to make more stupid trades along come the gold coast again. Gee whiz.

Atkins was one of the worst signings ever a long time ago and this trade is about as bad.

Just when I think it's not possible for a team to make more stupid trades along come the gold coast again. Gee whiz.

Atkins was one of the worst signings ever a long time ago and this trade is about as bad.
You're reading this dumb **** trade and you think that Gold Coast is the stupid team?

Here's a hint, they're not the ones giving up a contracted 2x All Australian to a Premiership contender for unders.

And giving up a first round pick for 2 salary dumps.

Well said.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure about this.

Most seem very happy to be sitting on 2 picks inside the first round of a strong draft, with the club potentially interested in using them to move right up to the pointy end.

Houston would be really nice. But this is an excellent alternative.

You're reading this dumb **** trade and you think that Gold Coast is the stupid team?

Here's a hint, they're not the ones giving up a contracted 2x All Australian to a Premiership contender for unders.

I mean Port are stupid in this trade (I have to believe they are getting an extra pick back somewhere surely) but gc are even more stupid given what other clubs are offering for 13 and similar pick swaps (see hawthorn).
Unless they are lying and Atkins is on 1mil (and even then it's only 1 year anyway) this trade is moronic on their part.

Bit disappointed we won’t get Houston, but thankful we aren’t getting reamed by the Pies for no good reason, so swings and roundabouts.
Likewise. We were going to pay too much if it all went ahead. Better off targeting pick swaps.

Let this sink in the pies are getting Houston for a future 1st which is valued at around pick 20-25 in this draft and two spuds whereas the Suns are paying pick 6 and 23 for Rioli.

This was orchestrated by Leppa in his first week on the job too.

Unbelievable

What's this fascination with having players with GF experience on your list?

Hinkley loves a good story around the campfire about Grand Finals.

luckily port hold all the power in this trade. Either he stays or we get a great deal.

Win win

Lucky port hold all the power 👍🏻 can just keep our best player at the end of the day

So we trade our best player, x2 AA for pick 20 and a 24 year old that was dropped this year.

Yeah get real

Port hold the power unfortunately.

He said he loves the club and happy to stay if a deal can’t be done,

So we either get the deal we want or we keep one of our best players. Houston will not be traded cheaply

2 good first rounders or he stays. He is contracted for 4 more years.

Port win either way here unfortunately. We have the power.

No exactly we hold power to reject deals and keep him. Houston will stay unless we get a good deal that suits port.

Port clearly hold all the cards in this trade negotiations. Give us what we want or he stays.
Congrats buddy. Been thinking about you a bit this afternoon. You must be stoked that this is all getting wrapped up now. Penny for your thoughts?

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Dan Houston [UFA 2027] - Wants to head to Victoria

Remove this Banner Ad

Back