Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027] - Reportedly headed to Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Paul Roo's reckons nothing less then top 7/8 draft pick for Barrass , contracted called Hawks bone-heads for trading pick 14 .
Eagles coach should meet with Tom Barrass if the trade continues to stall .
Haha always rated Roossie one thing for sure Sydney wouldn't be accepting these deals either .

That's the same Paul Roos who said the Tigers should be banned from the draft for 3 years if the Tigers don't accept Pick 6 for Rioli. :tearsofjoy:

Paul Roo's reckons nothing less then top 7/8 draft pick for Barrass , contracted called Hawks bone-heads for trading pick 14 .
Haha always rated Roossie one thing for sure Sydney wouldn't be accepting these deals either .

Sydney kept Papley and he has now played in a few losing Grand Finals. Maybe you guys should keep Barrass.

Thing is though, Carlton dont seem to have suffered in trading since failing to get Papley. Maybe Roos has no idea what he is talking about.

It’s obvious given what is at play for hawks and calibre of player. Hawks are trading for the now. And is in contract.

I hope west coast hold firm on this one and hold Barrass to his contract
I love Barrass as a player but it's in both teams and the player's interest to get a deal done so I can't imagine one doesn't get done. A price in the middle should satisfy all parties. Would only walk away if the Hawks are genuinely trying to short-change us for a trade week win.

Would've been just 14.
F1+f2 for Barrass+f3 theyre offering now is a worse offer than 14+f2 for Barrass+f3 that was originally reported. They surely wouldnt have done that trade unless they thought the f1+f2 would be more attractive than pick 14 alone.
nah it was 14 and f2...eagles were stuffing around so hawks said screw this.....

deal will be done for f1 and f2...just posturing from eagles

(Log in to remove this ad.)

nah it was 14 and f2...eagles were stuffing around so hawks said screw this.....

We arent going to accept f1+f2 when we turned down 14+f2. We were asking for 14+f2.
Offer from the Hawks was more than likely 14 alone, or a f1 alone or some other offer not worth responding to

This just highlights a bust in the process to me. I understand that clubs like to accommodate the wishes of players, but this goes too far. A player under contract should not be able to nominate a single club - it provides the destination club with too much leverage - in this case, are Hawthorn taking advantage of the goodwill of West Coast in meeting Barrass's request?

Barrass is older than Ben McKay, but he was worth pick 3....

West Coast should keep Barras and make him honour his contract

With a third coming back, which basically negates the f2... so who exactly was posturing?

Eagles should target Busslinger somehow in replacement for Barrass, very promising good young player who is out of the Bulldogs side.
Lot of fans were keen but he re-signed with the Dogs a couple months back. Harry Edwards has shown he can hold down a spot in our defence, that's part of the reason they are willing to let Barrass go. Do need to draft a replacement though.

Intercepting is an offensive trait. Do you think Harris Andrews provides run or an elite kick? McGovern has an elite kick to go with his intercepting skills which is what sets him apart, but Barrass is definitely in your top few players lol.

Idk why youre debating this I thought it was pretty clear, your team isnt full of A-graders or anything
You're right. No point debating with someone who hasn't watched the Hawks play and without set criteria.

Andrews is a great comparison BTW, I see both him and Barrass as elite at that role.

Hawks
This just highlights a bust in the process to me. I understand that clubs like to accommodate the wishes of players, but this goes too far. A player under contract should not be able to nominate a single club - it provides the destination club with too much leverage - in this case, are Hawthorn taking advantage of the goodwill of West Coast in meeting Barrass's request?

Barrass is older than Ben McKay, but he was worth pick 3....

West Coast should keep Barras and make him honour his contract
Ben Mckay getting pick 3 is the ultimate demonstration that the free agency compensation is broken. He was never worth pick 3

Intercepting is an offensive trait. Do you think Harris Andrews provides run or an elite kick? McGovern has an elite kick to go with his intercepting skills which is what sets him apart, but Barrass is definitely in your top few players lol.

Idk why youre debating this I thought it was pretty clear, your team isnt full of A-graders or anything.
Cause you're clearly bored. I'll invite you to look at Mark Robinson's top 50 players. How many Hawks made it?

He'll be your best defender, will save you a lot of goals. A few midfielders will rack up more possessions and appear to be better, but will have less impact.

Two firsts, when they are in the late teens, isn't ridiculous for a player of his quality. Slightly overs because he's 29 but that was the Eagles' opening bid. Hawthorn appear to have offered their unders opening bid (14 and a second, with a third coming back) but then abandoned the process. A first and second with nothing coming back is the fair value. I'd prefer a little more, you'd prefer a little less I imagine, which suggests it's probably about right.
Sicily retiring?

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027] - Reportedly headed to Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back