Trade Requested Dan Houston [UFA 2027] - wants to head to Victoria

Remove this Banner Ad

That’d be us giving up two first rounders, that’s too much. At best we could do 29 instead of the F2 and it goes to you instead of the pies

Collingwood Get: Houston
Collingwood Give: Noble, Richards, F1

Port Get: Pick 13, Pick 29, Lukoscious, Richards
Port Give: Houston, F1

Gold Coast Get: F1 (Coll), F1 (Port), Noble
Gold Coast Give: Pick 13, Pick 29, Lukoscious
You are a fuuny man, you expect Port to give up both Houston AND a F1 pick for Pick 13 & Luko + steak knives.
Dump the steak knives and Houston is worth more than pick 13 & Luko.

So I think Port flip Luko for a first or second rounder next year and keep Dan (unless there's a God father offer)

Gold Coast are an absolute basket case.

Their insistence on dealing with the pies for pick 13 because of Noble is laughable.

Treating Noble like hes a top 10 player in the AFL.

Give the pies pick 23 which is already overs for Noble and then auction off pick 13 to the highest bidder.

It isn't that hard
You may missed that but Suns do auction pick 13. No decision yet. Give it until Monday.

Last edited:
Jon Ralph now seems to be reporting that GCS will wait for Houston to make it clear where he wants to go before dealing 13. If true that club seriously makes no sense to me - why are they at all concerned about Houston?

Source: https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...2e2a221ef14e27694d86eb092f92d#/entry/28304000
At the moment, clubs aren’t giving up max for a pick 13 they might not use on Houston.
So Suns haven’t got the whip hand in a deal.

If Houston “nominated” Carlton as the best offer, then the pressure is in Carlton to get the deal done.
And as such, GC will squeeze as much as possible out of them.

Chance of backfire is that Vic clubs find a way to bring Houston in without 13.

At the moment, clubs aren’t giving up max for a pick 13 they might not use on Houston.

If Houston “nominated” Carlton as the best offer, then the pressure is in Carlton to get the deal done.

Fair enough. I can only speak from Carlton's perspective but a F1 and F2 for 13 seems about as much as we can possibly offer. Not sure they will get a better deal from us unless they want an Owies type or something

Fair enough. I can only speak from Carltons perspective but a F1 and F2 for 13 seems about as much as we can possibly offer. Not sure they will get a better deal unless they want an Owies type or something
Seems right to me. Maybe they’re looking at screwing a Collingwood or North Melbourne.

8 teams are bidding for pick 13. Suns can do Noble and Luko deals separately.

What are Carlton doing to bring in another F1 or F2 so they can make that trade?
You'd also need to bring in another F2 from somewhere first I think
That's what I find interesting about this. The reports were we could turn our current 2nd into a future second or obviously try and get an AFL exemption. Otherwise even if we got 13 I don't see how we could satisfy Port for Houston if their current demands hold up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jon Ralph now seems to be reporting that GCS will wait for Houston to make it clear where he wants to go before dealing 13. If true that club seriously makes no sense to me - why are they at all concerned about Houston?

Source: https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...2e2a221ef14e27694d86eb092f92d#/entry/28304000
They don't care, they are hoping the longer they wait the more desperate the bids for pick 13 will get.

Collingwood are the ones they want to krumble as it gets them noble cheaper, pick 13 for noble and the pies F1 without the 23 going back to the pies is the desperation bid they are hoping for by waiting but until houston nominates pies aren't going that deep for pick 13.

If he doesn't nominate i'd almost lock in pick 13 to carlton for a future 1st plus 2nd, we want the pick anyway regardless of houston or not.

Collingwood Get: Houston, F2 (GC)
Collingwood Give: Noble, Richards, F1

Port Get: Pick 13, Lukoscious, Richards
Port Give: Houston, F1

Gold Coast Get: F1 (Coll), F1 (Port), Noble
Gold Coast Give: Pick 13, Lukoscious, F2

Who says no?

Collingwood making out like bandits. No chance

The race for pick 13 is funny, because whoever gets it will still need to add something substantial to it to get Houston anyway. So they need to make sure that there is something left if they overpay for it.
I'd be pretty content going to the draft with 12 + 13 + campo f/s boys with later picks, i'd expect 34 to get offloaded for a f2. Only steak knives you would be getting would be young/owies/kennedy picks if they got traded added to 13 otherwise keep him we go to the draft.

The race for pick 13 is funny, because whoever gets it will still need to add something substantial to it to get Houston anyway. So they need to make sure that there is something left if they overpay for it.
Given the rhetoric, I don't think it would need something "substantial" added if the bridges has been burnt a bit like what happened to Wingard. Houston saw both Perryman and then Lukosius offered big money, how much do you think he is currently on at Port Power?

I'd be pretty content going to the draft with 12 + 13 + campo f/s boys with later picks, i'd expect 34 to get offloaded for a f2. Only steak knives you would be getting would be young/owies/kennedy picks if they got traded added to 13 otherwise keep him we go to the draft.
You guys have a squad that could win a premiership, adding all those 18 year olds won’t help, Houston would help. Voss will be under pressure if he fails next year. Carlton need to strike now imo.

From a port perspective obviously I hope we just deal with north. Or he stays

You guys have a squad that could win a premiership, adding all those 18 year olds won’t help, Houston would help. Voss will be under pressure if he fails next year. Carlton need to strike now imo.

From a port perspective obviously I hope we just deal with north. Or he stays
A hbf is not the difference between us making it or not, a chb or a running hff or a genuine crumbing forward would all drastically improve our chances compared to a position we have overstocked even if Houston is an upgrade a B grader in any of those positions would have a greater impact at a fraction of the cost.

You won't be dealing with north because he doesn't want to go there, port will use that as leverage to try and get more out of Collingwood and Carlton nothing more.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Dan Houston [UFA 2027] - wants to head to Victoria

Remove this Banner Ad

Back