Trade Requested Dan Houston [UFA 2027] - Wants to head to Victoria

Remove this Banner Ad

Common. He is probably only Ports 3 or 4 best. So that makes him maybe a top 30-40 player in the league. At best

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
This is the sort of ******ed reasoning that these trade threads are peppered with.

He's literally made the AA side the last 2 seasons. How many players are named in the AA side? I'll wait.

So much backpedaling in this trade period, every club wants to win the deal at all costs.

Makes for frustrating experience as a supporter.

I reckon Houston really isn’t too fussed where he goes but wants to be at a contender. He doesn’t want to go to north and who would blame him, they’ve won about 15 games in 5 years. They’re a few years off attracting top line players.

He will have no issue coming back to Alberton

I am not saying there is an issue going back, he will be welcomed back. I just think once you are this far down the path in a career move you have your head around moving.

Worst case for him is the Kangaroo's on a huge salary at a club that desperately want him. He will take that if the Collingwood offer falls through.

Leppitsch’s interview yesterday was a high speed car crash…

Suggested pick 13 is worth more than pick 13 because of what you can do with it…well, if pick 13 is worth pick 8 then give Port pick 8 instead and everyone will be happy.
Any link to interview?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he stays on a year he can get his trade to a Vic contender as everyone will be flush with double the future firsts.

Port can then get satisfied with a trade closer to that pick 5 to 8 or equivalent with later firsts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Dan Houston [UFA 2027] - Wants to head to Victoria

Remove this Banner Ad

Back