Trade Requested Dan Houston [UFA 2027] - Wants to head to Victoria

Remove this Banner Ad

Should be 13 for Rioli and 29 for Noble.

Gold Coast then take a player in the draft before Lombard. Leaving them with Pick 6 drafted, Lombard, Rioli & Noble.

But it’s Gold Coast we are talking about and they seem to overpay just for shits and jiggles.
Noble is not worth 29. I have him worth 35-45 because he has a contract. Without a contract he would be a pick 50-55+. Agree on Rioli but - 13 is a fair deal for him.

Noble is not worth 29. I have him worth 35-45 because he has a contract. Without a contract he would be a pick 50-55+. Agree on Rioli but - 13 is a fair deal for him.
The difference between 29 and 35 is negligible when you have a contracted player wanting to play for you. Noble has played 107 of the last 115 games, averaging 18.5 touches, 4.7 marks and 330 metres gained across his career. You’re undervaluing him

The difference between 29 and 35 is negligible when you have a contracted player wanting to play for you. Noble has played 107 of the last 115 games, averaging 18.5 touches, 4.7 marks and 330 metres gained across his career. You’re undervaluing him
There isn't any other club in the competition that would give you 29 in this year's draft for John Noble. He is one of the few Collingwood players I actually like but he has some clear flaws in his game (i.e., kicking/decision making).

I wonder how many would want to go home for homesickness if they didnt get the same $$$
Maybe if the league introduced a player breaking a contract needs to payback 10-20% of the remainder of his contract remaining would make a difference. After all they are breaking a contract

The one rule that has to come in is if a player is under contract they nominate a State not a team. So if Houston wants to go home that’s fine but he goes to North as that’s the best deal for the club. Similarly why should you guys be forced to trade with Freo when WC have a higher pick.

The one rule that has to come in is if a player is under contract they nominate a State not a team. So if Houston wants to go home that’s fine but he goes to North as that’s the best deal for the club. Similarly why should you guys be forced to trade with Freo when WC have a higher pick.

Everyone should be able to choose where they work.

Do you?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyone should be able to choose where they work.

Do you?

If I am under contract I expect to stay there till the contract ends I am not complaining the minute a better offer in in place as I’m the one that signed that deal. NBA and the US have this right. Free agency is exactly that but until then players are traded to where it best suits their team.

If I am under contract I expect to stay there till the contract ends I am not complaining the minute a better offer in in place as I’m the one that signed that deal. NBA and the US have this right. Free agency is exactly that but until then players are traded to where it best suits their team.

If you are under contract your employer has the right to hold you to that contract.

Port can say no. Just as Houston has every right to choose where he wants to play.

If we adopt your alternative, players would potentially leave a huge amount of money on the table.

Reckon that’s likely to get the green light? I think not.

do we think Carlton plan to throw Pick 3 at Port for Houston?
Ikon Park would be burnt to the ground if that happened

You fail to mention that some of those games that he missed were finals because your club deemed that he was not good enough to play in your best finals team unlike Markov and Frampton.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Dan Houston [UFA 2027] - Wants to head to Victoria

Remove this Banner Ad

Back