Dan Houston

Remove this Banner Ad

Just in: Dan Houston getting congratulated on his upgrade by a former club legend.

IMG_1147_620_620X370.jpg

Pictured: A man I want to see run out for the Power next weekend and also Dan Houston is there

Snelling is well down the midfield pecking order and SPP is a more physically destructive mid.
Lienert is playing as a mid/tall defender and isn't exactly in-front of a Hombsch, Jonas, Clurey, or even Austin.

Houston got his chance because Broadbent, Pittard, Byrne-Jones have all missed preseason games and he's shown signs of being able to cope with AFL.
Exactly!

I love Snelling, and arguably he has performed as well as Houston ... but Houston's move to half-back through the preseason has been fortuitous for him, in view of the double injuries to our backmen.

Think, people, think!

I actually thought Irons was quite decent. Kicked 3 goals in those few career games.

Irons looked bloody promising early on. After his debut (round one 2011 where we were 'spirited' but still got hammered by the reigning premiers by almost triple figures IIRC) I remember Dane Swan mentioned him by name as one who had impressed him. I think he picked up some kind of medium term injury a game or two after that, missed a few weeks came back and floundered in the SANFL for another couple of years!

Irons was a Port Adelaide footballer. That's enough for me. Sick and tired of people bagging past players.
There's players that have been not up to scratch, but there's only four ex Port players I have no problem bagging repeatedly - Nick Stevens and Adam Hueskes for their treatment of women, Troy Chaplin for spitting on the club on the way out and Nathan Lonie. The latter the only one bagged for purely playing 'ability'. Otherwise the rest still were able to play to a level I'd have killed for at that age.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dan got overshadowed a little. Hopefully the club rewards the effort and he keeps the spot he has earned at least until Jasper gets back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hes probably got 2 more games to make it impossible to be dropped for Pittard.
Whatever happens played a solid game.

Possibly had to kick a 50 metre goal. Is a little too hard this week for rising star but I like the calmness we have in defence with him there.
If that's still there against the Crows we have a real problem leaving him out once Jasper is right.

Possibly had to kick a 50 metre goal. Is a little too hard this week for rising star but I like the calmness we have in defence with him there.
If that's still there against the Crows we have a real problem leaving him out once Jasper is right.
Push Jasper up the ground. Polec and Jasper breaking lines, getting it to the forwards. Mmmm.

Remove this Banner Ad

Dan Houston

Remove this Banner Ad

Back