Scape Goat Daniel Jackson

Remove this Banner Ad

wanna know why jako still gets a game? Read continstar's report on the coburg game today ( its in the coburg thread).

Dimma said no gift games - it cuts both ways.

Time to move on Today white.maric vickery, miller,riewoldt, grimes had lower dreamtean points that him. morris had 3 more amd rance 6 more.

he stays until someone pushes him out - its as simple as that.

wanna know why jako still gets a game? Read continstar's report on the coburg game today ( its in the coburg thread).

Dimma said no gift games - it cuts both ways.

Time to move on Today white.maric vickery, miller,riewoldt, grimes had lower dreamtean points that him. morris had 3 more amd rance 6 more.

he stays until someone pushes him out - its as simple as that.

Cool. He wins by Default. Reminds me of that episode of the Simpsons.

Fact is we are a developing team. Players like Dea would be better served for us developing in the seniors than this crumpet who cannot play football but is gifted games by his mate Dimma.

Cool. He wins by Default. Reminds me of that episode of the Simpsons.

Fact is we are a developing team. Players like Dea would be better served for us developing in the seniors than this crumpet who cannot play football but is gifted games by his mate Dimma.

No not Dea - he is a stick insect.

Arnott is the obvious one but his form at the burgers is inconsisent at best and from the three games i have seen to be truthfulit has been crap. When he gets in the best players once he might be a chnace , two in a row and he should take his place but seriously this probably won't happen until the second half of the season.

Given the current state of our list, we'll be "gifting" games somewhere along the line, no matter what we do.

Would rather we started "gifting" games to up & comers than continue "gifting" them to proven duds.

Given the current state of our list, we'll be "gifting" games somewhere along the line, no matter what we do.

Would rather we started "gifting" games to up & comers than continue "gifting" them to proven duds.

i guess its abit like the aussie cricket team - when you are in it you need to be pushed out by someone making heaps of runs.

we have no run makers at coburg.

Except the team was named before Coburg played. Did they pick Jackson because they knew that Coburg would have a shocker?

Anyway, I know the point you were making :)

Jackson is a bit like Edwards in that he isn't any good but gets a game. At least Edwards can do some cute things from time to time. Jackson is just average in every skill bracket.

Needs to go. It was painfully obvious today that White can do anything Jackson can do, but better, and White is no world beater.

i guess its abit like the aussie cricket team - when you are in it you need to be pushed out by someone making heaps of runs.

we have no run makers at coburg.

If we're using cricketing analogies, take Ian Healy as an example. Never made a first-class hundred. Hit four centuries at test level.

Maybe the kids will step up at the higher level, with better players around them - not to mention better grounds. The increased intensity and higher stakes can tend to focus a young mind a bit more. Most of the Coburg kids are unknown quantities at AFL level. We already know Jackson's going to serve up tripe and that tripe ain't going to miraculously turn into prime rib after eight years.

One of the problems arising by playing him is that people are getting frustrated and starting to dislike him.

Had he been moved on last year then he would have been remembered as an average player who got the most out of himself at one stage of his career.

I want him to be remembered as a guy who gave his all in dark periods of the club.

10 mins to go, scores level and Jackson decides to give away 3 frees in a minute of footy. Momentum changed at that point next Christensen kicks a goal and we never got any closer than that again. Absolute muppet Jackson who makes stupid decisions at the wrong time again and again and again.

We would be better going in with a kid than to keep giving Jackson games.

Our future is bleak while this clown gets games.

My fear is that they are just newer versions of Jacko.
Helbig already reminds me of him,hard as a cats head with poor skills.

Kidding? Helbig is in the upper echelon of ball users at the club. Maybe his decision making isn't quite there yet, I'm not sure. But his disposal by foot is undoubtedly first class and a huge upgrade on Jackson.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kidding? Helbig is in the upper echelon of ball users at the club. Maybe his decision making isn't quite there yet, I'm not sure. But his disposal by foot is undoubtedly first class and a huge upgrade on Jackson.

Under pressure he has not kicked well.No different to Jackson although Jacko seems to not need pressure these days.
We must be watching different players.

One of the problems arising by playing him is that people are getting frustrated and starting to dislike him.

Had he been moved on last year then he would have been remembered as an average player who got the most out of himself at one stage of his career.

I want him to be remembered as a guy who gave his all in dark periods of the club.

That's a good post. The hate is really ****ed up.
Completely uncalled for.
Be disappointed in him call for him to be dropped sure but fair dinkum.

and he will and we thank him for being a loyal servant and wish him well in his future exploits. So what is your point? There have been a trillion like him come and go and they are all "remembered" and pretty much forgotten the second the next off season, "do you remember " thread fades into the distance..;)

and he will and we thank him for being a loyal servant and wish him well in his future exploits. So what is your point? There have been a trillion like him come and go and they are all "remembered" and pretty much forgotten the second the next off season, "do you remember " thread fades into the distance..;)

Mark Chaffey, Greg Tivendale, Daniel Jackson ... all great servants of the club who no doubt gave their all .... sadly it was short of the standard that wa srequired to lift us to greater heights!

Mark Chaffey, Greg Tivendale, Daniel Jackson ... all great servants of the club who no doubt gave their all .... sadly it was short of the standard that wa srequired to lift us to greater heights!

Exactly....

If we're using cricketing analogies, take Ian Healy as an example. Never made a first-class hundred. Hit four centuries at test level.

Healy wasn't picked as a batsman.

Batting ability has been a key consideration in the selection test 'keepers for nigh on 30 years.
Point is, upon elevation he excelled in an important area of the game that he had previously underperformed in at the lower level.

No not Dea - he is a stick insect.

Arnott is the obvious one but his form at the burgers is inconsisent at best and from the three games i have seen to be truthfulit has been crap. When he gets in the best players once he might be a chnace , two in a row and he should take his place but seriously this probably won't happen until the second half of the season.

Surely you're not talking about his size. If so, you have NFI.

RodneyDangerfield described the point in the post above. Simple really.

I like many, want him out of the side as quickly as possible but its a shame that he cops what he cops. Would have been better for all if we were able to find a trade for him. Were GWS interested?

He might have asked for a better contract last year but he is not a money grabber like some who have come through our club.

He works hard unlike the bums who played at our club in the late early nineties who treated the club like a social club.

Better for all if he had been traded and got a golf clap from the crowd in his game for GWS against us.

I like many, want him out of the side as quickly as possible but its a shame that he cops what he cops. Would have been better for all if we were able to find a trade for him. Were GWS interested?

He might have asked for a better contract last year but he is not a money grabber like some who have come through our club.

He works hard unlike the bums who played at our club in the late early nineties who treated the club like a social club.

Better for all if he had been traded and got a golf clap from the crowd in his game for GWS against us.

I don't think anyone will question his effort it's just that his use of it outdoes all his other good work. As bad a kick as he is his worst trait is the gap between his earholes.

Batting ability has been a key consideration in the selection test 'keepers for nigh on 30 years.
Point is, upon elevation he excelled in an important area of the game that he had previously underperformed in at the lower level.

Batting ability became a consideration pretty much from the time Healy played... His infectious style and enthusiasm became required by all keepers. Cost Jack Russell his spot to Alec Stewart... was a better bat supposedly. Warnie might disagree!!;)

I dunno mate, but it sounds like you know the guy personally and are getting upset at everyone bagging him. Well I probably would too.

But if you take the emotion out of it he's not doing any good, and for a guy in the leadership group, well you'd have to think that talent is a kind of prerequisite. I know he's obviously got talent to just be on an AFL list, but it's a tough gig and if you regularly stuff up you are going to get caned by the faithful.

I don't know about your points about 'could have got a better contract', the way I remember it, his name got mentioned early on as someone out of contract and then all the other guys came out and got resigned quickly and poor old DJ got left with not enough money in the kitty for him. That's the way I remember it anyhow.

As for the works hard bit... Tell you what, every single guy on this site would work hard to play just one game for the Tigers. I'd be up at 3am if it meant a game. So it's a kind irrelevant point about working hard. And given he's from a different generation to the 'early 90's' players, I fail to see the relevance. It's not like we are comparing him to Nick Daffy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Scape Goat Daniel Jackson

Remove this Banner Ad

Back