Daniel Menzel 'returned to footy' progress updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Some good news finally we've all been waiting for in footy. Well done to Menzel and just as importantly GFC for supporting him through some tough times.

Early days but really hope to see him running around in the seniors, god knows both Menzel, your club and the supporters deserve it.

Glad to see him running around out there but I don't get he has had like four knee reconstructions and he is still not strapping his knee he is asking for trouble

Menz looked very assured. Stood next to a bloke who said he was scouting for people in NSW or qld and he was there to watch menzel, whatever that means. Cockatoo also looked good. A very satisfying day all round.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
I hope you told him to piss right off back home and stick to watching his northern academies if he wants players for up there!! :mad:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Menzel as a Rover. Is this something that they might be building him up for in the seniors? Obviously made his mark as a goal kicking forward, but I ender if everyones nervous abut charging out on a lead, turning... we know the rest. Being right under the ball in traffic might be a tactic to prolong career, or simply just to get a feel for the game and some run in the legs?

Re: Menzel as a Rover. Is this something that they might be building him up for in the seniors? Obviously made his mark as a goal kicking forward, but I ender if everyones nervous abut charging out on a lead, turning... we know the rest. Being right under the ball in traffic might be a tactic to prolong career, or simply just to get a feel for the game and some run in the legs?

Based on yesterday and the interview he did post game id say its a bit of both. Getting the legs under him in the MF was discussed but he also said he's been leading and changing direction in training drills.

Baby steps of course…

Go Catters

Blast from the past nananana!

I think playing him on the ball was about getting his match fitness up. You play inside 50 and you might be cold half the game - more chance of soft tissue injuries etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back