List Mgmt. Welcome Bailey Smith - officially (and finally) traded to Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry if I've missed a previous post, but do we actually know what he's on? Surely no where near Danger and Cameron money. Would the 400-500k mark be realistic?

I think strategically he's a good get as much as from a playing perspective. He has the most followers in the AFL and is a marketers dream. I'm not a massive fan of his social media presence but I don't know him, he's just a kid and I don't know his story. Maybe he just needs to be in the right environment. Club knows more about him than us. I trust their judgement.

That wouldn't be realistic - the average wage is around $450k and a player like Smith isn't moving to play on the average salary

There's been no official report of his contract, but a realistic figure is likely to be around $700k - $800k per season for 5yr

That wouldn't be realistic - the average wage is around $450k and a player like Smith isn't moving to play on the average salary

There's been no official report of his contract, but a realistic figure is likely to be around $700k - $800k per season for 5yr

Interesting. Do you think the contract term will be released eventually?

Interesting. Do you think the contract term will be released eventually?

Only if a journo wants something to post about

Geelong is very good at not releasing unnecessary details - we may get a contract length, but even that's not guaranteed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bailey Smith ain’t taking fashion tips from BigFooty randoms.

The guy is dominating doing exactly what he is doing already.

I think there’s a good chance Geelong supporters will be a bit disappointed with Smith, at least in 2025.

That’s because (a) he’s not the superstar some think he is and (b) the ACL will be a drag.

Yeh nah, wrong again mate, Smith not only recaptures his best form from a few years ago, he will go close to winning our B&F.

I really would love to know why so many people have a problem with AFL players having long hair?

If it doesn't make them play worse who cares.
Guys with long hair are hot! Look a Mullin’s lustrous locks.

It’s more the mullet, which has lost its rebel status, a bit ho hum now.

Love the headband players.

It’s just preference + SM attracts comments on people’s appearance, quite poor really.

I’m liking Bailey’s hair now*, but still would love a blonde bob + headband.

1729214894948.png

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Welcome Bailey Smith - officially (and finally) traded to Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back