Trade Requested Daniel Rioli [UFA 2027] - Wants to join Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Honestly, I think even reasonable Richmond supporters rate Rioli a lot higher than everyone else and I'd imagine Dimma is as good a judge as anyone so I'll not pretend I know him as well as you guys. Maybe it will work out well for the Suns as he seems to be doing a character clean-out but it's still a hell of a lot to pay for 28 year old half-back flanker with his resume.

I dont think 6 is fair or reasonable but I think it's what they'll pay and I'm pretty sure everyone lost their minds at the Weller and Bowes trades as well

I think 6 gets it done, anything else i honestly don't think it will happen. Gold Coast are desperate to get some decent experienced talent into the side, Dimma loves Rioli hence why I think it will happen.

6 for Rioli maybe overs to non Richmond bigfooty posters but they really want him, I think pick 6 to them isnt as highly regarded to the suns considering who they picked up last year, their current list and also they are still getting Lombard this year.

If the tigers get pick 6 you take it and run away screaming no backsys.
Crazy price but he is a good player
Only way I see pick 6 happening is if we get significant $$ towards his contract. I personally believe pick 6 gets mentioned to keep the Tigers fans tuned into SEN etc

If the price is too high we should just take Noble and wait until next year when Riolis price will have dropped

If the tigers get pick 6 you take it and run away screaming no backsys.
Crazy price but he is a good player
And Richmond will

Pick #14 - We rather keep him for the next 5-6 years and remains a 1 club player
Pick #7 - Its slightly overs but for a contracted player chased and encouraged to nominate thats the price

Anything extra will totally depend on GC buying cap space from Richmond in the way of salary contribution
Not sure whats so hard to understand

And Richmond will

Pick #14 - We rather keep him for the next 5-6 years and remains a 1 club player
Pick #7 - Its slightly overs but for a contracted player chased and encouraged to nominate thats the price

Anything extra will totally depend on GC buying cap space from Richmond in the way of salary contribution
Maybe it’s hard for buttox to understand because it’s all in your head, everything you have stated above is speculation

Only way I see pick 6 happening is if we get significant $$ towards his contract. I personally believe pick 6 gets mentioned to keep the Tigers fans tuned into SEN etc

If the price is too high we should just take Noble and wait until next year when Riolis price will have dropped
You know as well as anybody thats not happening
GC have already revealed their hand by having him nominate them and no chance they just move on
After not completing it this year Rioli will stay and finish his career at Richmond

He is not a player that will nominate year upon year and "wait for his trade price to drop from #7 to #15
But i would love to see Rioli's face when Dimma says to him sorry for mucking you about son but we didnt value enough to pay a 7/8 pick over's so lets try again later ;)

And Richmond will

Who are Richmond paying next year if they lose all of Bolton/Rioli and Graham?

Martin's huge contract ($1.3mil) gone too, Baker and Grimes would have been on reasonable coin.

How do they get to the minimum? Do Hopper and Taranto get paid $2mil each next year?

Suns could be doing you a favour if you pay some of Rioli's salary.

GC have already revealed their hand by having him nominate them and no chance they just move on
After not completing it this year Rioli will stay and finish his career at Richmond

He is not a player that will nominate year upon year and "wait for his trade price to drop from #7 to #15
But i would love to see Rioli's face when Dimma says to him sorry for mucking you about son but we didnt value enough to pay a 7/8 pick over's so lets try again later ;)
Inversely how are you going to justify to him not accepting pick 13 when he has stated he ( along with half the team) wants out.

I’m happy with Noble, I think most Suns fans are

Pick 7/8 plus we’ll help their TPP out by taking Rosas. No need to hand over a pick like you gave Geelong for Bowes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Inversely how are you going to justify to him not accepting pick 13
Easily done. He’s still contracted for another few years. We don’t need to justify anything. GC chased him, put an offer to him. Now they need to pay for the privilege.
when he has stated he ( along with half the team) wants out.
He can state whatever he likes. He’s still contracted, still has his uncle there. Other contracted players have tried to move clubs but if it doesn’t happen they’ll settle back Dow; and play for their contract.
It’s not as if there are issues with DRioli or Richmond.
I’m happy with Noble, I think most Suns fans are
Suns fans don’t get get to do trades. Like every other club, they have professionals looking after it. Not fanboys.

And Richmond will

I will be amazed if it happens.
But gc do do some crazy shit.
There is that

Who are Richmond paying next year if they lose all of Bolton/Rioli and Graham?

Martin's huge contract ($1.3mil) gone too, Baker and Grimes would have been on reasonable coin.

How do they get to the minimum? Do Hopper and Taranto get paid $2mil each next year?

Suns could be doing you a favour if you pay some of Rioli's salary.
Well we do have the $1.5 mil Lynch and can pay the Hopper/Taranto contracts
Then next year cap space trading comes and can get picks for cap space

Nice problem to have during the massive rebuild

Suns will have to pay in picks for that "Favour"

Also it doesn't matter where Tigers get Lions first. 13 & 14 for Rioli Is probably better than trading 4/5 picks to get the pick. Tigers are better keeping them for improving their draft hand during the draft. For say a deal for lions F1 on a marshall bid.

Well we do have the $1.5 mil Lynch and can pay the Hopper/Taranto contracts
Then next year cap space trading comes and can get picks for cap space

Nice problem to have during the massive rebuild

Suns will have to pay in picks for that "Favour"
Why would the Suns pay for something they may not need?

Would tigers accept 13 & 14 if Suns trade for Lions first round pick?

See my crazy trade in the gold coast focus thread.
I doubt it for 2 reasons:
1/ We're probably going to target Brisbane's pick anyway, so including it in this trade takes that opportunity away.
2/ We're likely asking for 9 & 10 for Bolton. Even if it ends up 9 & 17 (or whatever) thats a lot of teens picks, instead of one closer to the pointy end.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Daniel Rioli [UFA 2027] - Wants to join Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back