Trade Requested Daniel Rioli [UFA 2027] - Wants to join Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Contracted 3 yrs
Uncontracted

Even in this draft, that's the difference.

Saad was only 1 yr younger than Dan at the respective trade times too, so the age argument doesn't wash.

Rioli is better than a B grader.

Compare the seasons they had before being traded and Rioli is a way ahead.

View attachment 2141050
Uh. You know you're comparing apples to pears with the stats yeah?

Uh. You know you're comparing apples to pears with the stats yeah
Go to footy compare and do it for this season, it doesn't get any better for Saad

Contracted 3 yrs
Uncontracted

Even in this draft, that's the difference.

Saad was only 1 yr younger than Dan at the respective trade times too, so the age argument doesn't wash.

Rioli is better than a B grader.

Compare the seasons they had before being traded and Rioli is a way ahead.

View attachment 2141050
Tbf 2020 was the COVID season with reduced quarters and a generally highly congested game style due to the lack of fitness, so it's not really a fair comparison. It'd actually be a pretty even if you decreased Rioli's possessions etc by a fifth to reflect the increased game time, but even then, I think the style of football we saw this year isn't really comparable to 2020.

Go to footy compare and do it for this season, it doesn't get any better for Saad
And nobody would pay a first round for him anymore.

Did you forget about covid? 😂

Pikcs 23 & 29 will be off the board, sucked into the Pies/Port trades to GC

Pick 6 is overs and Richmond not thinking it’s enough is one of the funnier stories

They're lucky to be getting Pick 6 at all for Rioli, let alone another pick along with it.

Not stressing :) I don't think 23 will be involved.

Yeah, pick #6 is generous overs for Rioli.

Houston is a better player & he won't fetch this much.

Richmond are getting greedy wanting more than pick 6 imo.

Pick #6 is very, very generous.

Wanting more is just downright greedy.

Suns should just take pick 6 to the draft or sell it to the highest bidder.

Pity Houston doesn't want to go to Gold Coast...

No one outside Richmond fans think Rioli is worth pick 6, let alone throwing in extra picks.

It's pure greed!

Pick 6 is bending over.

Wanting more is pure greedy & ridiculous.

Season 3 Laughing GIF by The Simpsons

I mean despite still getting it, the fact that Dan Rioli of all people, one of the most average and uninspiring players in the league is being let go for pick 6 as well as more is just a sad summary of the AFL.

To be fair it says more about how dumb Gold Coast's list managers are than anything.

I mean despite still getting it, the fact that Dan Rioli of all people, one of the most average and uninspiring players in the league is being let go for pick 6 as well as more is just a sad summary of the AFL.

To be fair it says more about how dumb Gold Coast's list managers are than anything.
Tell me you don't watch Richmond without telling me you don't watch Richmond.

Don't get why people are going crook at the Tigers.
Don't hate the player, hate the game.
Saw the Sunnies coming, have extracted full toll.
Rioli good, has done very well to shift into the backline role, but he's not a superstar.
(He's certainly closer to one than Noble)
Smart business from Richmond

Tell me you don't watch Richmond without telling me you don't watch Richmond.
I watch Richmond fairly often, he's fine, he's nowhere near a top 10 pick though, that's for players bordering on or already at elite level.

You guys are lucky you're dealing with the guys who gave up Pick 2 for Lachie Weller.

Save your salt for the Shai Bolton trade

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I watch Richmond fairly often, he's fine, he's nowhere near a top 10 pick though, that's for players bordering on or already at elite level.

You guys are lucky you're dealing with the guys who gave up Pick 2 for Lachie Weller.
He's one of the best 4-5 running HBFs in the comp. Leagues better than Weller, or that ****wit Clark on your HBF.

23 is being added as compensation for the fact Tigers will be paying a decent portion of Riolis contract.
There will be only late picks added on Richmond side of things to help GC get Lombard.

Tbf 2020 was the COVID season with reduced quarters and a generally highly congested game style due to the lack of fitness, so it's not really a fair comparison. It'd actually be a pretty even if you decreased Rioli's possessions etc by a fifth to reflect the increased game time, but even then, I think the style of football we saw this year isn't really comparable to 2020.
Yep and do this year player v player and Rioli still comes out on top

At least this time they are giving their picks to a team in the bottom of the ladder, If Gold Coast ever makes the finals they will be competing with teams they keep giving favorable trades to. How much shit will Gold Coast get if the first final they lose is to Geelong with Bowes playing? unless of course they never saw themselves anywhere near a "Premiership window".

Uncontracted value, I agree with you. He's a first round pick but not a top 10.

I guess a cluib really wanting him and his contract having 3 years on it really helps, eh?

Not sure where Richmond get the pick in the 30's to get this done and really doesnt make alot of sense

Blair Hartley will probably be demanding #6 + #23 for Rioli + #51 and Cameron provided has enough points for Lombard will just get it done.
Richmond
Out: Rioli, Bolton, 51
In: 6, 10, 18, 23

Freo
Out: 10, 18, 30
In: Bolton, 51

Suns
Out: 6, 23
In, Rioli, 30

Richmond
Out: Rioli, Bolton, 51
In: 6, 10, 18, 23

Freo
Out: 10, 18, 30
In: Bolton, 51

Suns
Out: 6, 23
In, Rioli, 30

Im thinking Richmond will get #6 + #23 for Rioli + #51 now that GC have enough points for the Lombard bid and will be between the 2 clubs and should get done.

Im thinking Blair will be pretty determined on #10 + #11 for Shai Bolton

But your suggestion of pick #30 , #10 , #18 could be the end result for the bolton deal independently just before trade closes on wednesday.

But things are getting closerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Daniel Rioli [UFA 2027] - Wants to join Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back