Player Watch Darcy Fogarty - Re-Signed to End of 2031

How many goals will Darcy Fogarty kick in 2023?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The htb annoyed me, because the tackler didn’t hold him or the ball up, even if he had prior.
For whatever reason umpires historically have paid HTB in this situation. Not sure what’s in the rule book but a little 1 metre handball - clearly to yourself as your “disposal” when being tackled - has been deemed HTB from my perspective historically.

When I saw the decision the other night I wasn’t surprised and it was consistent with what I have always seen (perhaps without exception) in such similar incidences adjudicated. Would be good to get clarity on this from the AFL

I think the difference is that when Burton did that it was clearly a party line he’d been fed and asked to say. The last few Showdowns Port have really pushed this narrative trying to manufacture some kind of emotional response for the playing group.

Fog there is just answering a question honestly and genuinely. I don’t see anything fake or forced in it.
It’s probably smart, and boring, to not give the oppo any ammunition to help trigger a response. agree Power went forced OTT. Note Dawson played down such questions in his interview earlier in the week

Still all very different to the 2 Saints players on live TV on the morning of the 1997 GF saying they thought they would beat the crows quite confidently - by 5 goals or so from memory. Blighty used that in his pre match address to the team..

For whatever reason umpires historically have paid HTB in this situation. Not sure what’s in the rule book but a little 1 metre handball - clearly to yourself as your “disposal” when being tackled - has been deemed HTB from my perspective historically.

When I saw the decision the other night I wasn’t surprised and it was consistent with what I have always seen (perhaps without exception) in such similar incidences adjudicated. Would be good to get clarity on this from the AFL
I don’t think it’s that common of an occurrence.
However I feel like you should have to at least hold up the player or stop the disposal, otherwise it may as well just be tag.

I don’t think it’s that common of an occurrence.
However I feel like you should have to at least hold up the player or stop the disposal, otherwise it may as well just be tag.
Fair call and yes certainly not common but have seen a few over the years

I think my 1st comment was The Bartlett Rule because historically KB used to do a bounce or handball and stick his arms out wide when he felt contact

They changed it in the 80s iirc

If Fog needs anymore motivation just show him this...and for that matter Riley Thilthorpe..

SEN's Dwayne Russell has listed the forwards he believes will make up the Top 25 in 2025.

The ranking covers the forwards that Russell believes will be the best forwards in the game next year.

See Russell's list below:

1 - Jeremy Cameron
“I think he has got a huge upside, Jeremy Cameron, to stay number one in the comp.”
2 - Charlie Curnow
3 - Jesse Hogan
4 - Joe Daniher

“If he plays.”
5 - Ben King
“I think the Suns will be better.”
6 - Harry McKay
7 - Sam Darcy

“He’s got a massive upside, Sam Darcy, so I’ve put him in the top 10. I think he could be the next big thing at the Bulldogs, and I think they have got a pretty good forward line when you look at it.”
8 - Oscar Allen
“Could be a rising star.”
9 - Nick Larkey
10. Isaac Heeney

“I think Isaac Heeney will play forward more. That’s where I think the solution for Sydney will come… they need him forward and we have talked a lot about Port Adelaide, what they need forward. They need Jason Horne-Francis forward more, so just the way the Swans needed Isaac Heeney forward more.”
11 - Jamarra Ugle-Hagan
12 - Nick Watson

“Got a huge upside, Nick Watson, he might have a massive year next year, he had a huge first year.”
13 - Max King
“I’m hoping he has a better year.”
14 - Aaron Naughton
15 - Josh Treacy
16 - Kai Lohmann
17 - Kysaiah Pickett
18 - Toby Greene

“I did have Toby Greene in my top two last year, he’s still got a bit to offer, and he is better than he was this year.”
19 - Calsher Dear
20 - Riley Thilthorpe

“I’m hoping what we saw of Riley Thilthorpe late this season is an indicator of what we’re going to get.”
21 - Mitch Georgiades
22 - Bobby Hill
23 - Jye Amiss
24 - Jake Waterman
25 - Tom Lynch

If Fog needs anymore motivation just show him this...and for that matter Riley Thilthorpe..

SEN's Dwayne Russell has listed the forwards he believes will make up the Top 25 in 2025.

The ranking covers the forwards that Russell believes will be the best forwards in the game next year.

See Russell's list below:

1 - Jeremy Cameron
“I think he has got a huge upside, Jeremy Cameron, to stay number one in the comp.”
2 - Charlie Curnow
3 - Jesse Hogan
4 - Joe Daniher

“If he plays.”
5 - Ben King
“I think the Suns will be better.”
6 - Harry McKay
7 - Sam Darcy

“He’s got a massive upside, Sam Darcy, so I’ve put him in the top 10. I think he could be the next big thing at the Bulldogs, and I think they have got a pretty good forward line when you look at it.”
8 - Oscar Allen
“Could be a rising star.”
9 - Nick Larkey
10. Isaac Heeney

“I think Isaac Heeney will play forward more. That’s where I think the solution for Sydney will come… they need him forward and we have talked a lot about Port Adelaide, what they need forward. They need Jason Horne-Francis forward more, so just the way the Swans needed Isaac Heeney forward more.”
11 - Jamarra Ugle-Hagan
12 - Nick Watson

“Got a huge upside, Nick Watson, he might have a massive year next year, he had a huge first year.”
13 - Max King
“I’m hoping he has a better year.”
14 - Aaron Naughton
15 - Josh Treacy
16 - Kai Lohmann
17 - Kysaiah Pickett
18 - Toby Greene

“I did have Toby Greene in my top two last year, he’s still got a bit to offer, and he is better than he was this year.”
19 - Calsher Dear
20 - Riley Thilthorpe

“I’m hoping what we saw of Riley Thilthorpe late this season is an indicator of what we’re going to get.”
21 - Mitch Georgiades
22 - Bobby Hill
23 - Jye Amiss
24 - Jake Waterman
25 - Tom Lynch

lol how the **** are half of those. ahead of Fogarty.

Signed to the end of 2031, so a six year extension on top of his existing 2025 contract

He will be 31 in the final year of his contract

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Signed to the end of 2031, so a six year extension on top of his existing 2025 contract

This is why signing and chasing top local talent is key. I have no doubt both him and Thilthorpe signed for less than they would have if they put themselves in the open market.

Happy with this. Fogarty was never going to leave, but the length of the deal makes me think it's probably at below-market rates given the security this provides him with.

Happy with this. Fogarty was never going to leave, but the length of the deal makes me think it's probably at below-market rates given the security this provides him with.
I don't know about "below market rates". I think he could have gotten a long deal elsewhere.

Do these deals account for the salary cap going up later? If not, could be some value there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Darcy Fogarty - Re-Signed to End of 2031

Back