Recommitted Darcy Parish [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

continuity is doing him good.
Keep him in and around the ball and he'll continue to produce like this.
Get him to the bye with continued selections, then put a 3 year deal in front of him please.
Who woulda thunk it? Play midfielder in his preferred role and he looks a much better player.

Still got faith in him to be a solid contributor, hope that’s with us but if not we only have ourselves to blame by shitting the bed development wise. If we had played him more on ball, Langford more as a hit up forward and Myers less, think everything would be better.

Who woulda thunk it? Play midfielder in his preferred role and he looks a much better player.

Still got faith in him to be a solid contributor, hope that’s with us but if not we only have ourselves to blame by shitting the bed development wise. If we had played him more on ball, Langford more as a hit up forward and Myers less, think everything would be better.
i dont hold out hope that our selection committee and coaches will ever see the light of playing players where they naturally fit.
Too busy trying to be smarter by half.

Parish is an inside mid with an engine and a bit of toe. Not super quick, but he isn't cumbersome slow.
Langford, when confident, is an excellent forward who can, in case of emergency, play a bit of time in the middle or on a wing. Another game or two to get the pace of AFL back into his head and he's the player we should have in ahead of Bags upfront.
Francis is a defender. Why we experimented with him forward against the best defence in the league is beyond me. Hooker has shown he can play FF.
Why wasn't Francis shifted to defence, Hurley sent to Hawkins and Hooker played forward?

We're a dumb club sometimes.
Watch us drop Francis and Langford against the Swans.

Played mostly forward, kicked two goals and had a goal assist in a low scoring game. Don't deny that Myers needs to GTFO so Parish can stay permanently in the midfield, but that's not exactly a **** game for a forward.

Who would of thought that forwards need to, argh, kick goals hey?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great game tonight. Arguably his best game in the red and black. Finally getting continuity in his best position.

31 Disposals
19 Contested
5 Tackles
9 Clearances
7 Score Involvements
70% Efficiency
507 meters gained

Great game tonight. Arguably his best game in the red and black. Finally getting continuity in his best position.

31 Disposals
19 Contested
5 Tackles
9 Clearances
7 Score Involvements
70% Efficiency
507 meters gained

Definitely going to be some long-term lucrative offers put in front of him from numerous clubs around the country

His trade value also increasing accordingly.

Just curious... Has there been any reports of him signing another contract soon with Essendon?
It's not a question that's been asked of him or the club so far, so there aren't any reports about it yet. It's only round 10, they'll come. More broadly, there hasn't been any comment from the club or players (or from player managers or "inside sources") about any of our out of contract players at this point. Everyone is a bit preoccupied with our coach, injuries, mid-season draft etc. All I can find on google is speculation from the Herald Sun saying Parish is being chased by a long list of clubs. Collingwood have always been interested though, and the way he's playing it's not surprising that other clubs are too.

He's fairly well established at the club and in the playing group, he's close with McGrath these days I think, and a few of the other guys from his draft year. As a twenty year old third year player the question will most probably be about wages, opportunity and his place in the team. With Myers out of favour and injuries hitting he'll definitely get his chances in the midfield this year and should get the pay day to go with it. As long as that happens I can't really see him wanting to leave.

You haven’t watched Oliver play this year clearly
Oliver has runs on the board in a fully functioning midfield, while Parish has typically played out of position other than 2016 (does that count as a functional midfield?) and on the rare occasion that other mids have been injured.

Long term his experience in other roles should prove useful but it isn’t a development pathway that’s likely to earn him 13 Brownlow votes in his second year. It’ll be a fun comparison at the end of their careers though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Darcy Parish [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back