Oppo Camp David Swallow staying North until at least the end of 2024, AFTER WHICH he becomes (?) a NMFC player

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Truth is your clubs existence owes itself to our clubs backbone, fighting spirit and heart. Show some respect.
Not even close to correct. The AFL was set on starting a new team on the Gold Coast. It could have been any Melbourne-based club that played home games at Carrara. Your club just happened to be desperate enough to ditch Canberra for more money on the Gold Coast. Truth hurts.

Truth is your clubs existence owes itself to our clubs backbone, fighting spirit and heart. Show some respect.
True enough North decision allowed us to create our own club win / win, respect has to be a two way street though, if you want it you have to give it. Surely North supporters can understand that after years of disrespect from the collingwoods and Essendons of the world.

If anything the smaller clubs should supporting each other

Not even close to correct. The AFL was set on starting a new team on the Gold Coast. It could have been any Melbourne-based club that played home games at Carrara. Your club just happened to be desperate enough to ditch Canberra for more money on the Gold Coast. Truth hurts.
Wrong. The AFL wanted us at the GC but we refused, so they created the Suns out of thin air.

Oh and, Port Adelaide est. 1997 :thumbsu:

True enough North decision allowed us to create our own club win / win, respect has to be a two way street though, if you want it you have to give it. Surely North supporters can understand that after years of disrespect from the collingwoods and Essendons of the world.

If anything the smaller clubs should supporting each other
If we are a small club then the Gold Coast are a tiny insignificant minnow.

Wrong. The AFL wanted us at the GC but we refused, so they created the Suns out of thin air.

Oh and, Port Adelaide est. 1997 :thumbsu:
You really think that if another lowly supported Melbourne-based club had been playing home games at Carrara at the time, the AFL wouldn't have offered them the same package? You're kidding yourself if you believe that. It was about getting a team out of the cluttered Melbourne market and starting a new one on the Gold Coast.

The Port Adelaide Football Club has existed since 1870. The Port Adelaide Magpies Football Club (SANFL club) was created in 1997 and ceased existence in 2010.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He actually speaks the truth. Your 'club' is fake and plastic.

Oh no that is so hurtful. How could I possibly support GC now that a Vic has told me that.

Your really going to have to do a bit better I am numb to that insult. Been numb to it for a year or two now. I honestly don't give a flying shit I love my plastic fantastic club.

You really think that if another lowly supported Melbourne-based club had been playing home games at Carrara at the time, the AFL wouldn't have offered them the same package? You're kidding yourself if you believe that. It was about getting a team out of the cluttered Melbourne market and starting a new one on the Gold Coast.

The Port Adelaide Football Club has existed since 1870. The Port Adelaide Magpies Football Club (SANFL club) was created in 1997 and ceased existence in 2010.
Exactly. And that club just happened to be North Melbourne, and we had the spine to reject the lucrative offer that would have seen the AFL pour an obscene amount of money into the club setting us up for long term on and off field success. Because North fans would rather see the club fold than for it to be turned into a bastardised, soulless and plastic franchise like what happened to Sydney and what is happening to the Gold Coast.

And no one cares about SANFL clubs. Your relevant history dates to 1997.

Exactly. And that club just happened to be North Melbourne, and we had the spine to reject the lucrative offer that would have seen the AFL pour an obscene amount of money into the club setting us up for long term on and off field success. Because North fans would rather see the club fold than for it to be turned into a bastardised, soulless and plastic franchise like what happened to Sydney and what is happening to the Gold Coast.

And no one cares about SANFL clubs. Your relevant history dates to 1997.
The point is that it didn't have to be North so GCFC's existence was not dependant on the NMFC. The only reason it was the Kangas is because they needed money.

You've missed my point (again) about the SANFL history. You can think what you like about the SANFL standard but the fact is that we have existed since 1870 and should be considered just as much of a 'club' as any other team in the AFL. We entered a different league and changed our nickname in 1997 but it was still the Port Adelaide Football Club.

Oh no that is so hurtful. How could I possibly support GC now that a Vic has told me that.

Your really going to have to do a bit better I am numb to that insult. Been numb to it for a year or two now. I honestly don't give a flying shit I love my plastic fantastic club.

Why are you even here then? Perhaps it's time to move on. We have the better tougher Swallow anyway (haha it's hard saying that with a straight face)

I agree. WB, St. K, Port, Melbourne etc fans should support each other.

But we are all clubs. GC and GWS are artificial, marketing extensions.
I suppose that includes your Dallas Mavericks which are a franchise or an "artificial marketing extension" in your words. Better get that Dirk avatar down champ so you don't look too hypocritical.

The point is that it didn't have to be North so GCFC's existence was not dependant on the NMFC. The only reason it was the Kangas is because they needed money.

You've missed my point (again) about the SANFL history. You can think what you like about the SANFL standard but the fact is that we have existed since 1870 and should be considered just as much of a 'club' as any other team in the AFL. We entered a different league and changed our nickname in 1997 but it was still the Port Adelaide Football Club.
The 'Gold Coast Suns' exist in the guise that they do because of the North Melbourne Football Club rejecting the AFL's offer. It would have been the 'Gold Coast Kangaroos' or something like that. And who knows if any other Vic club in our position would have turned it down. The fact is that the Suns exist in their current form due to North Melbourne defiance.

Lol

I suppose that includes your Dallas Mavericks which are a franchise or an "artificial marketing extension" in your words. Better get that Dirk avatar down champ so you don't look too hypocritical.
American teams are different. They are all franchises.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back