Dayne Beams gutted after he tells Mick Malthouse he is not fit to play in Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Valve Bounce

Premiership Player
Sep 13, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Well, Mick Malthouse claims that Beams told him he couldn't front up for the GF because of a groin injury. Of course, the fact that beams only had two disposals in three quarters last Friday and had to be substituted was not a factor in Mick's considerations.

Sometimes when I listen to the BS coming from Mick, I reckon I could work up a good reason to cry also. :(

But I am glad that Alex Fasolo is in the team; I wouldn't mind betting that he will conjure up some magic and kick some great goals. :thumbsu:

Yeah i had a chuckle at that too ...stink up the Prelim and get only two kicks ...then front up next week and claim you are too injured to play :D

Like he was gonna get a game anyway ? :rolleyes:

Of course most Pies supporters are pragmatic enough to know that this may well be a face saving exercise for Beams but then it's not particularly surprising that some people cannot possibly concede that poor performance in previous finals may well be the result of injury. No, that would be way too obvious for some to acknowledge.:rolleyes:

Yeah i had a chuckle at that too ...stink up the Prelim and get only two kicks ...then front up next week and claim you are too injured to play :D

Maybe he was going for the old "quit, before you get fired" routine. He knew it was coming and got on the front foot...

Of course most Pies supporters are pragmatic enough to know that this may well be a face saving exercise for Beams but then it's not particularly surprising that some people cannot possibly concede that poor performance in previous finals may well be the result of injury. No, that would be way too obvious for some to acknowledge.:rolleyes:

Ya gotta hand it to Mick just the same - he didn't even cry when he came out with that story in The Footy Show. That just shows how tough Mick is. :p

Will you give credit when another team claims the same?

There's no chance that his poor performance in the Prelim could be due to the injury, of course.

He'd been in great form before last week, not sure we would drop him on one bad performance.

.....it's not particularly surprising that some people cannot possibly concede that poor performance in previous finals may well be the result of injury. No, that would be way too obvious for some to acknowledge.:rolleyes:

In which case he should be drawn and quartered for playing injured last week which all but cost his side a victory. Can't have it both ways, unless you want to claim he actually got injured at some stage last week which means he may have tripped and strained his groin running thru the banner cause he sure as hell never got close enough to the play to do it...

Will you give credit when another team claims the same?
Happy to acknowledge that at times the feelings of a player are put ahead of the truth no matter what team he plays for. That doesn't mean that is necessarily what happened here.

My point is that to say he wasn't going to get a game because of poor form in his previous game does not prove that he was not injured. On the contrary it could as easily be seen as evidence of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In which case he should be drawn and quartered for playing injured last week which all but cost his side a victory. Can't have it both ways, unless you want to claim he actually got injured at some stage last week which means he may have tripped and strained his groin running thru the banner cause he sure as hell never got close enough to the play to do it...
Oh yes, clearly the voice of reason here. Couldn't possibly have been injured without you noticing it could he? This is precisely the point I was making. Morons on BF suggesting crap does not make it true. As I've said, it might be but the more trolls tell me it is so the more I am happy to believe it probably isn't.:thumbsu:

...but Collingwood have the best medical team in the world. :confused:

Before the PF, since Beams came back from injury he had played 7 games, averaged 28 disposals and kicked 11 goals.

I think it's safe to take MM at face value here and assume Beams went into the PF hiding an injury which he thought he'd be able to play with, when clearly he couldn't. Only 2 handballs from 60% gametime without being tagged clearly suggests that.

Oh yes, clearly the voice of reason here. Couldn't possibly have been injured without you noticing it could he? This is precisely the point I was making. Morons on BF suggesting crap does not make it true. As I've said, it might be but the more trolls tell me it is so the more I am happy to believe it probably isn't.:thumbsu:

Mate, not here to argue about it, your team is playing, mines not, good luck and I hope you enjoy the day at the G.

But if you think he was going to be selected anyway, you're dreaming...

Mate, not here to argue about it, your team is playing, mines not, good luck and I hope you enjoy the day at the G.

But if you think he was going to be selected anyway, you're dreaming...
Can't recall suggesting that actually but thanks for the good wishes anyway. :confused:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back