Dayne Beams gutted after he tells Mick Malthouse he is not fit to play in Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

It seems your modus operandi is to accuse anyone who comes up with a logical argument that disagrees with your point of view as trolling.

So, what is your definition of trolling? or are you not prepared to come up with a definition. or don't have the courage to do so?
I think you'll find that my modus operandi is that when someone posts something which is clearly illogical I will occasionally call them on it.

If you really have no idea what trolling is then I'm reasonably confident that grizzlym will explain it to you in no uncertain terms but for now you could potentially follow this link:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=trolling

It's only one of a number of definitions but it's pretty clear what it means. :thumbsu:

I think you'll find that my modus operandi is that when someone posts something which is clearly illogical I will occasionally call them on it.

If you really have no idea what trolling is then I'm reasonably confident that grizzlym will explain it to you in no uncertain terms but for now you could potentially follow this link:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=trolling

It's only one of a number of definitions but it's pretty clear what it means. :thumbsu:

Well, I don't think this is trolling: "I wasn't trolling, I just don't think you can have it both ways, whatever the reason is for him not playing. Either he went into the game injured (poor decision), he got injured early which is why he couldn't get a kick, but still wasn't subbed (poor decision), or he got injured in the 3/4 and was just shit, which means his form wasn't because of injury. "

You are now hiding behind a mod, rather than explain why this is trolling.

If he was actually omitted instead of being injured, he would at least be in the emergencies. Considering he is not in the emergencies, he must be injured.

OK! humor me and let me make one hypothetical prediction:"If Collingwood wins a close game, at some point Alex Fasolo would have made the vital contribution in the win"

Ummm ok. You seem to be saying that a fit Fasolo is more valuable on field than an injured Beams. You won't get any argument from me, but I don't really see your point

If he was actually omitted instead of being injured, he would at least be in the emergencies. Considering he is not in the emergencies, he must be injured.

Why? How hard would it be to get your head right after being dropped to get told your playing two days later.

Well, I don't think this is trolling: "I wasn't trolling, I just don't think you can have it both ways, whatever the reason is for him not playing. Either he went into the game injured (poor decision), he got injured early which is why he couldn't get a kick, but still wasn't subbed (poor decision), or he got injured in the 3/4 and was just shit, which means his form wasn't because of injury. "

You are now hiding behind a mod, rather than explain why this is trolling.
Now I'm sorry but I think you have to view the conversation as a whole and you will see that even the rules of this very forum state that because you say you are not trolling does not actually mean you are not trolling.

When you start out by saying this:
...but Collingwood have the best medical team in the world. :confused:

and follow up with this:
Why are you thanking me? Beams was dropped because he was shit, or the medico's made a balls up last week?

I believe I have good cause to suspect a troll or at best a smartass (which probably amounts to the same thing.) Feel free to consult with the mods if you disagree! :thumbsu:

Why? How hard would it to get your head right after being dropped to get tod your playing two days later.

Think about what your're saying....are you really suggesting the selectors would prefer Sinclair who has played about 5 games and has the body of a 12 yo would be a better option that Beams (if fit)? :rolleyes:

Why? How hard would it to get your head right after being dropped to get tod your playing two days later.

I admit it would be hard, but if Dayne Beams was fully fit, do you reckon Ben Sinclair would be ahead of him on the Emergency list? EDIT: Sloth beat me to it :p

Think about what your're saying....are you really suggesting the selectors would prefer Sinclair who has played about 5 games and has the body of a 12 yo would be a better option that Beams (if fit)? :rolleyes:

Wouldnt have anything to do with the fact that the two blokes under a cloud are both talls? Goldsack and Wood are the two blokes most likely to get a gig. I doubt Mick will rest any mids in a GF to give Sinclair a run.

Wouldnt have anything to do with the fact that the two blokes under a cloud are both talls? Goldsack and Wood are the two blokes most likely to get a gig. I doubt Mick will rest any mids in a GF to give Sinclair a run.

So going into a GF a coach is going to go "I won't worry about picking the best 25 because we won't use #25 anyway."?

Seriously? A GRAND FINAL?

What happens if Swan strains a hammy in the warm up? What happens if Swan and Reid miss? You're going to bring in Wood and Goldsack only?

You're a peanut.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So going into a GF a coach is going to go "I won't worry about picking the best 25 because we won't use #25 anyway."?

Seriously? A GRAND FINAL?

What happens if Swan strains a hammy in the warm up? What happens if Swan and Reid miss? You're going to bring in Wood and Goldsack only?

You're a peanut.

Why wouldnt he have Buckley or McCarthy if that was the case. Do you think Geelong would play Guthrie? Im sure the fine would be the last thing on there mind.

What if one of our mids got injured at training today? Or woke up sick tomorrow? It's ridiculous to think we would put Sinclair ahead of Beams if Beams is fit.

Neither are midfielders... Buckley is a defender and McCarthy a forward. But I guess their finals records are superb hey?

Please McCarthy is a midfielder and Buckley is what youd call a mature body if thats what you think is Sinclairs only downfall.

You tell Sinclair hes not playing and pick who you want nothings stopping you.

But Beams is clearly by a long, long way the next best option if a mid/small forward misses. By using injury as an excuse you're effectively ruling him out, potentially costing the team big time in a grand final. It just doesn't make any sense.

But Beams is clearly by a long, long way the next best option if a mid/small forward misses. By using injury as an excuse you're effectively ruling him out, potentially costing the team big time in a grand final. It just doesn't make any sense.

Why is Beams the best option? He had two handballs last week and has a poor finals record.

Why is Beams the best option? He had two handballs last week and has a poor finals record.

6th in our best and fairest in a premiership year, one of our best couple of players over the last two months leading into the Prelim. Our other options are replacing him with McCarthy who's never done anything at AFL level, a kid who's played a couple of games and is not ready for finals footy, or a player that doesn't play the same position. It's a no brainer. :rolleyes:

6th in our best and fairest in a premiership year, one of our best couple of players over the last two months leading into the Prelim. Our other options are replacing him with McCarthy who's never done anything at AFL level, a kid who's played a couple of games and is not ready for finals footy, or a player that doesn't play the same position. It's a no brainer. :rolleyes:

But cant get a kick in a final.

Love it!
Another awesome thread full of people trying way too hard to find fault with a faultless istuation or dance on the grave of the still living.

Either Dayne Beams is a Collingwood legend who steps aside for the sake of the team or Collingwood allow a player a face saving exit from the GF team. I can't see how anyone can be critical. Either way Collingwood are in the GF and are already winners.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back