Mega Thread Dayne Beams trade (Its over, thread closed)

What do you support the club to do? (Opposition respondents will be carded)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No-one's ever dominated Afghanistan going back to the mid 19th century and ever had success trying to control it.
Some serious reading there Old Spice and very interesting.

Amazing history the Middle East. I was there in 2003 and into Israel/Syria/Lebanon (work) last year when all was relatively quiet, sort off anyway. But I did find time to go with a guide around some of the landmarks with a couple of days history tour. Really amazing. The guides there are just your everyday sort of person but if the were in the West they would all have doctorates. They were amazing.

Anyway, is a hugely complicated area and will remain so. The region is a 10 year cycle of conflict which can't be conquered purely on muscle which like you say has been attempted its whole life span.

Very sad the radicalization is making its way here but the media doesnt help and is playing right into the hands of the extremists.

Voss saying it should be pick 5 and a top Brisbane player as Beams is almost irreplaceable
Voss was always spot on with his trading throughout his coaching career

tyrion-eyebrows-game-of-thrones.gif

Robbo thinks it will be, and yes I know its Robbo
And then we carry the rumours and stigma of Aish heading home to Adelaide as soon as he can. I think we would be better using him for Dangerfield with a pick/player

And then we carry the rumours and stigma of Aish heading home to Adelaide as soon as he can. I think we would be better using him for Dangerfield with a pick/player

I would think if we get Aish it's just so we can get the Crows first pick

Dangerfield is not on the table so its just a 'fairy dust' trade
Beams is, and as all the respected commentators are saying, we are holding all the cards, it will mean Brisbane will have to give up 'overs' to get Beams.
I'm now of the opinion we should play hard ball and it should be 2 first round picks or pick 5 and a gun

Last edited:
Why would we do that though.

Aish would be better than anything in this years draft bar first 2 picks maybe, and I'm not a draft expert. But if we were going youth, why not keep Aish who has proven himself to some degree that he can handle the tempo of senior football.

Looks composed and very Pendleesque IMO.

I still think we need a mature marquee player to support the club both on and off field

Are you able to elaborate? The way you've worded that post I'm getting the impression that if we bring Aish onboard we'll be getting that first pick in a few years time.

Dangerfield is not on the table so its just a 'fairy dust' trade
Beams is, and as all the respected commentators are saying, we are holding ll the cards, it will mean Brisbane will have to give up 'overs' to get Beams.
I'm now of the opinion we should play hard ball and it should be 2 first round picks or pick 5 and a gun
Oh, just woke up so havent read through most posts, but what do you mean Danger is off the table?

I thought he was entertaining the idea of a move East. I don't think we'll end up with him, but I would hope we would at least inquire.

Oh, just woke up so havent read through most posts, but what do you mean Danger is off the table?

I thought he was entertaining the idea of a move East. I don't think we'll end up with him, but I would hope we would at least inquire.
When Danger says (as Beams has) "I want out", it is nothing but fanciful speculation

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When Danger says (as Beams has) "I want out", it is nothing but fanciful speculation
Danger said "it is upto the club" to decide on his fate . The club said "they would consider trading danger provided the right offer vame along". Thats why clubs enquired about him. They know that danger could very well leave next yeat and they will only get 1 pick. If they trade him they will be better compensated. So it would be in their best interests to capitalize on danger now

Sheil is a better midfielder has better evasion than WHE. Sheil is pretty fast anyways so WHE extra pace is kinda irrelevant. Sheil racks ups more possessions is better in congestion and a clearance expert. Sheil also has better disposal efficiency and Sheil has a better defensive side.

Going to be fun to look back at this in a couple of years time and say i told u so

Danger said "it is upto the club" to decide on his fate . The club said "they would consider trading adaide provided the right offer vame along". Thats why clubs enquired about him. They know that danger could very well leave next yeat and they will only get 1 pick. If they trade him they will be better compensated. So it would be in their best interests to capitalize on danger now

Still gutted about Beamer leaving but getting Dangers in (as mooted by HSun) would be about as good as we could get this year. Probably my favourite player outside of the Pies.

Not getting my hopes up too much but Bucks needs to get in his ear and let him know how good he would look in the recently vacated #5 Black and White jumper.

Have heard gc are interested but need to sort out their coaching issue first.

As beams just wants to get home to qld which club should not be an issue (I guess we will find out soon). Gc have far more to offer player wise than Brisbane so it's good news for us.

As Brisbane have white anted us it would be nice to send him to gc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back