Mega Thread Dayne Beams trade (Its over, thread closed)

What do you support the club to do? (Opposition respondents will be carded)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have heard gc are interested but need to sort out their coaching issue first.

As beams just wants to get home to qld which club should not be an issue (I guess we will find out soon). Gc have far more to offer player wise than Brisbane so it's good news for us.

As Brisbane have white anted us it would be nice to send him to gc.

Not sure this is what we want to hear morgoth .Direct quote from HSun article today by John Ralph

"Beams has told Collingwood he will only go to Brisbane to play with his brother Claye, but Gold Coast recruiter Scott Clayton said yesterday the Suns were also keen".

So maybe it isn't all about just getting back to Queensland? $$$$$$

Going to fun to look back at this in a couple of years time and say i told u so

Because you and Mike are having a discussion about two players that we have no hope of bringing to the club?..

I love Luke Parker, I want him at Collingwood, I would offer him the captaincy post Pendles and any other carrot you want to mention because he's Selwood without the ducking.

The thing is though he's about as televant to the overall discussion as WHE and Shiel are which is to say he's completely pointless to bring into it because moves to get them are pure fantasy...

Not sure this is what we want to hear morgoth .Direct quote from HSun article today by John Ralph

"Beams has told Collingwood he will only go to Brisbane to play with his brother Claye, but Gold Coast recruiter Scott Clayton said yesterday the Suns were also keen".

So maybe it isn't all about just getting back to Queensland? $$$$$$

Well we will find out soon. If he refuses to consider gcs it's a cash grab and he can get ****ed. He might like to play with his bro but surely that is secondary to being home with his dad.

Happy for the club to refuse to trade him and see what happens if he refuses to consider gc.

I think Redden may have a lot to offer. He's underrated IMO and provides immense pressure around stoppages. He would be a good fit I think after losing Ball and Beams in quick succession.

Not an outright superstar but does fit a need

Credit to you KJpie.

You stuck your neck out and called it right.

Do you think Camp Aish would look favorable at Collingwood demanding him in the trade deal for Beams?

I think it is definitely an option, Dekka and Rendell stated the decision to choose Shaz over Aish was extremely difficult and they would have discussed at length his preparedness to play for our club for the long term. He would be joining our fellow SA draftees all of whom we retained regardless of the go home factor. And I'm not stating their best mates or the likes.

That said if Adelaide decide to become a player in a 3 way trade as most have touched on and the 3 clubs can all satisfy each others needs then it's the Crows for mine.

I don't see a massive need for Port to chase him. I also fail to see how they could fit him into their cap especially if Ryder ends up there as expected.

Because you and Mike are having a discussion about two players that we have no hope of bringing to the club?..

I love Luke Parker, I want him at Collingwood, I would offer him the captaincy post Pendles and any other carrot you want to mention because he's Selwood without the ducking.

The thing is though he's about as televant to the overall discussion as WHE and Shiel are which is to say he's completely pointless to bring into it because moves to get them are pure fantasy...

Never say never, u dont ask u wont know. GWS want petracca so a pick 4 or 5 would help them get the deal done along with their own early pick

Thoughts on Trent Mckenzie and Pick 14 if GC were to get involved?

(Noting that I don't think we would get pick 7)

I don't think Mckenzie would be playing midfield & with Beams, Ball & Caff all missing from our midfield next season & Swan reducing his output, I think another midfielder is a must. Good player, but just don't think he would be a priority with the role he plays.

Posted this in the trade thread - only 2 options i would consider.

We need to get Beams to QLD for his father but clubs need to pay to secure our second best player.
So, Pies need to name price and not move
BRIS: Pick 4 and Aish
Or
GCS: Pick 7 and one of the gun midfield

Never say never, u dont ask u wont know. GWS want petracca so a pick 4 or 5 would help them get the deal done along with their own early pick

Nah I know! Ask all you like or suggest all you like. Neither WHE or Shiel will be at Collingwood in 2015.

GWS might want Petracca, but WHE is better and has 3 years in the system already. It's a pointless circular discussion that I've now gotten myself sucked into :(

I think the Club would be lucky to get a Trade they want.

We are getting Raw End of the Deal of Any Trade

It won't come down to luck TD because ultimately he is still contracted for 2 more years.

Brisbane are super keen for all the right reasons (their) end) and have the $$.

It would not surprise if or when he gets to Brisbane that he is given the captaincy for 2015 and beyond.

Some healthy competition between the 2 Qld sides for his services wouldn't go astray.

Ablett, Beams, Swallow, O'Meara, Martin etc would be one hell of a midfield and could take them into finals.

Players of his caliber don't grow on trees.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think Mckenzie would be playing midfield & with Beams, Ball & Caff all missing from our midfield next season & Swan reducing his output, I think another midfielder is a must. Good player, but just don't think he would be a priority with the role he plays.

Yeah, I had that inkling when I posted it.

Just not sure that they would be keen to trade the other Vic talent of interest in Prestia.

It won't come down to luck TD because ultimately he is still contracted for 2 more years.

Brisbane are super keen for all the right reasons and have the $$.

It would not surprise if or when he gets to Brisbane that he is given the captaincy for 2015 and beyond.

Some healthy competition between the 2 Qld sides for his services wouldn't go astray.

Ablett, Beams, Swallow, O'Meara, Martin etc would be one hell of a midfield and could take them into finals.

So far and away better than our midfield.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brisbane are super keen for all the right reasons and have the $$.

Brisbane will pay overs guarantee it

This is very important for the Lions they are losing the race against GC and when was the last big name to come out and say they want to play for the Lions?

Brisbane supporters just do not get that this is more then just a star player this also helps them stop being a laughing stock because lets face it they are atm

I think Redden may have a lot to offer. He's underrated IMO and provides immense pressure around stoppages. He would be a good fit I think after losing Ball and Beams in quick succession.

Not an outright superstar but does fit a need

I tend to lean your way. My hope is 5 & Mayes, but I'm seeing that as unlikely. 5 & Redden for Beams & 28 is what I'm backing in.

Redden is very much an out of sight out of mind type. He goes at 40-60 CP v UP so has a good balance of in and out, he averages 6 plus tackles a game, is 24 at the beginning of 2015, has neat skills and is durable having played 115 games in succession from debut until rd 14 this year. He's not a superstar, but he's a very solid 6-10 type player on any list and we are severely lacking that type ATM.

Add pick 5 into the mix with say Laverde, bring Clark on board through a deal involving Lumumba and finish with Moore as that FS. You'd prefer Beams staying obviously, but that situation would be acceptable, IMO.

Why would Adelaide let Danger go? That would be dire for them.

Yep same issue as we would be facing ie a greatly reduced midfield so they would want an established player also.

Compounding it, they don't have a coach so trading him may make them less attractive.

Brisbane will pay overs guarantee it

This is very important for the Lions they are losing the race against GC and when was the last big name to come out and say they want to play for the Lions?

Brisbane supporters just do not get it this is more then just a star player this also helps them stop being a laughing stock because lets face it they are atm

Heading in the right direction this year I thought.

Heading in the right direction this year I thought.

We will see if they come away from trade period without Ryder or Beams its a massive failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back